You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Difficult decision against loose player?

Cash, 2p/4p. Right, player 'x' has been extremely loose and has stacked twice in about 5 minutes already. His betting is unbelievable with some of his hands but he has also hit a few good hands and his stack is up and down to say the least. I am quite the nit so basically is this an easy call or do you fold and wait for a better hand to call him with? 

Hand History #354364131 (17:01 22/03/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.74
scrogie Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.33
  Your hole cards
  • A

weeburns07 Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £1.61
iceylies Fold     
FISH_Soup Fold     
DrSharp Call  £0.12 £0.30 £3.94
xAll-in  £1.74 £2.04 £0.00
scrogie Fold     
weeburns07 Fold     
DrSharp ??

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Yh I remember these spots from my short spell at 4NL, basically 42 bigs with A10. Personally even though he could be on crazy funky monkey tilt I'd still want at least AK in this position, yes I could be wrong but I found it so tilt inducing to call in these spots with an average hand get beat then be trying to claw it back for the rest of the session.

So in full it's a defo fold from me.
  • edited March 2011
    I called, he turned over pocket 4's and i hit a 10 on the flop so it turned out ok for me. Bingo, lol!
  • edited March 2011
    Bad call m8. Shoving half your stack in with AT was not great.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Difficult decision against loose player?:
    Bad call m8. Shoving half your stack in with AT was not great.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Totally agree! Reasoning was that player 'x' was literally over raising with any cards at all every hand. Think he must have been rowing with the wife and thought coming on here and going all-in every other hand with garbage would help him. It didnt, he stacked himself about 4/5 times while i was on table and i only played with him for about 20 minutes.

I dont usually entertain this call at all but said player was throwing money at all sorts of hands. Basically i played the player and not the cards here. I think his PP was the best hand he had so far that he went all-in with.