You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY Poker TV

edited March 2011 in Sky Poker Live
Is it just me - or has anyone else got a problem with the Sky Poker TV link - it loads up but the screen is frozen.

Thanks

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to SKY Poker TV:
    Is it just me - or has anyone else got a problem with the Sky Poker TV link - it loads up but the screen is frozen. Thanks
    Posted by Mitchshell

Going off your avatar, I reckon Neildown will be round in about 3 minutes to test your reception.

• edited March 2011
    Yeah I have the same problem,

If you close it and reopen it is freezes in a new place, so if you can do that at 24 frames per second I recon you'll be OK 
  • edited March 2011
    It's usually ok for me but it's not doing anything now. Just getting a frozen image.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY Poker TV:
    Yeah I have the same problem, If you close it and reopen it is freezes in a new place, so if you can do that at 24 frames per second I recon you'll be OK 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Mines just frozen in the same place - at least it just not my pc playing up, I guess it will get fixed eventually.

Thanks Jock
  • edited March 2011
    It's usually ok for me but it's not doing anything now. Just getting a frozen image.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    It's probably a cold deck...

• edited March 2011
    In Response to SKY Poker TV : Going off your avatar, I reckon Neildown will be round in about 3 minutes to test your reception.
    Posted by elsadog

yeah probably just needs tweeking..... pm me Mitchshell and il pop round with my multi tool

• edited March 2011
    I think they may have turned the analogue signal off early.
  • edited March 2011
    I have just emailed CC
  • edited March 2011
    Hi All

Just seen this

Are you still having the problem? If not what time did it occur?

Thanks
  • edited March 2011
    Its up and running now. Any problems again let me know

Sorry for the inconvenience
  • edited March 2011
    Its up and running now. Any problems again let me know Sorry for the inconvenience
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Did you switch it off and back on?
  • edited March 2011
    Working fine again now THANKS
    Hi All Just seen this Are you still having the problem? If not what time did it occur? Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY Poker TV : Did you switch it off and back on?
    Posted by Machka
    LOL I shouted at some of the technical people who manage it :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY Poker TV : LOL I shouted at some of the technical people who manage it :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Could you shout at them again?  There is another glitch that happens, I think, just before the hour every hour.  I'll watch to confirm the timing of it.

I'll give an example on tonight's show with Neil Channing, at about 23:58 the feed freezes and either stays frozen on the stream begins again just as the show end credits roll.  This is really annoying to miss the end of a 4 hour show!

My guess is that the company that does the streaming is cutting the stream into segments on the hour and this is causing the problem.  If they did this on the half hour then we wouldn't miss the end of the shows!

Does this make any sense? lol
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: SKY Poker TV : Could you shout at them again?  There is another glitch that happens, I think, just before the hour every hour.  I'll watch to confirm the timing of it. I'll give an example on tonight's show with Neil Channing, at about 23:58 the feed freezes and either stays frozen on the stream begins again just as the show end credits roll.  This is really annoying to miss the end of a 4 hour show! My guess is that the company that does the streaming is cutting the stream into segments on the hour and this is causing the problem.  If they did this on the half hour then we wouldn't miss the end of the shows! Does this make any sense? lol
    Posted by Machka
    Thanks Macka I will drop them a line and get this sorted