You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what a mess

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #354633372 (13:54 23/03/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
hurst05 Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £386.70
BB
Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £457.80
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

style2737 Fold        
the_gibb Fold        
CoxyLboro Raise   £6.00 £9.00 £733.05
BTN Raise   £20.00 £29.00 £453.25
hurst05 Raise   £50.00 £79.00 £336.70
BB Call   £49.00 £128.00 £408.80
CoxyLboro Fold        
BTN Call   £31.00 £159.00 £422.25
Flop

• Q
  • J

hurst05 Bet   £79.50 £238.50 £257.20
BB Fold        
BTN Call   £79.50 £318.00 £342.75
Turn

hurst05 Check        
BTN Bet   £112.00 £430.00 £230.75
hurst05 ?????

Comments

• edited March 2011
    well this hand was sickness from start to finish. in hindsight i obv raise bigger pre, but as soon as bb calls i know im in trouble as with the odds the other 2 are getting this pot is going to be taken at least 3 way maybe 4. the flop is just well, horrendous to say the least, i have the button down as a fairly tight player whos 3/4 betting range is usually 1010-AA or 2 paint cards. the bb is just wierd LOL. should i have bet more on the flop? and was i right to just give up on the turn, turn card was pretty grim aswell tbh.

the guys turn bet is so fishy, its a bet that i read as being a sign of great strength, teasing me into going over the top if i have a big hand, or at the very least trying to keep me in the pot for some reason. im pretty sure i was behind but whatever, just a grim spot to be in. looking back now, knowing my oppo's 3-bet range i should obv raise more pre, but i wasnt banking on the BB coming along :( basically gave the button the odds and value to call with hands like J10/QJ/89 etc
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: what a mess:
    well this hand was sickness from start to finish. in hindsight i obv raise bigger pre, but as soon as bb calls i know im in trouble as with the odds the other 2 are getting this pot is going to be taken at least 3 way maybe 4. the flop is just well, horrendous to say the least, i have the button down as a fairly tight player whos 3/4 betting range is usually 1010-AA or 2 paint cards. the bb is just wierd LOL. should i have bet more on the flop? and was i right to just give up on the turn, turn card was pretty grim aswell tbh. the guys turn bet is so fishy, its a bet that i read as being a sign of great strength, teasing me into going over the top if i have a big hand, or at the very least trying to keep me in the pot for some reason. im pretty sure i was behind but whatever, just a grim spot to be in. looking back now, knowing my oppo's 3-bet range i should obv raise more pre, but i wasnt banking on the BB coming along :( basically gave the button the odds and value to call with hands like J10/QJ/89 etc
    Posted by hurst05

FWIW

Depends who the oppenent is really, but yeah  def raise more pre, flop bet is fine and its a def check/fold IMO... Not the best board for AA... I think when the turn card came you already made up your mind you were folding right ???
  • edited March 2011
    fishy what hands do you think the btn is 3betting the fishys open with?
    what do you think the BB flats pre with?
    what do you think the btn overpeels pre then peels the flop with?

I think i'd rather b/f vs the BTN and c/f vs the BB on the turn.
  • edited March 2011
    I watched it live, the 1/2 tables were great this morning, can the BB play everyday between 10-12 plz :D

I would of over-raised at every opportunity, and been out-drawn on the river, then be called a donk for doing so :)

lol, nah I think your fold is good and pretty easy against that guy, if you weren't dead on the turn, you are now.

His sizing is the nuts or nothing, and I don't think he floats with nothing in this kinda pot. AKhh for me
  • edited March 2011
    could there be a worse turn card than that? just hits his range even harder which AA is in pretty bad shape against, when he bets turn i cant think of a hand your beating Ah qx? but its unlikely imo, chk/fold for me
  • edited March 2011
    You did nowt wrong. Your PF raise is fine. Some above think it's too small, but anything bigger loses all value. On a 1/2 table, 50 is plenty big enough.
    Sh!1 happens.

• edited March 2011
    kind of reminded me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viAbXmPRu_M

not played nl200 but i imagine BTN range here in defo JJ-KK, mayb 10-10 and AKs...i think perhaps J10 and QJ is a bit wide...

i imagine he's 5betting AA and KK getting it all in pre, that leaves TT-QQ and AKs, 

but i doubt he'd float 10-10 in a 4bet pot with an underpair, plus his perceived range of urs is wah...QQ+ AK, plus the 10 could give AK the nuts

also if he has JJ-QQ id imagine he'd raise the flop, as AK is part of ur range and boards a bit wet

the only hand i think he can have is AKhh, id doubt he re shove flop with overcards and Flush draw due to your perceived range, he would prob think that any A,10 or Heart would help him (if A come its unlikely u have AA) then the turn bet just screams 'stay in 1 more street :-DDD i have the nuts'
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: what a mess:
    fishy what hands do you think the btn is 3betting the fishys open with? what do you think the BB flats pre with? what do you think the btn overpeels pre then peels the flop with? I think i'd rather b/f vs the BTN and c/f vs the BB on the turn.
    Posted by beaneh
    having played with villain more recently hes definately aggressive in position, his range is probably wider in position than i give him credit for. the BB is 'muse12' make your own assumptions :) lol 

i think hes overbetting here with middle-big pairs, suited connectors such as j10/qj/qk/ak.

my 4-bet is very strong he must put me on a hand there which means (especially when the bb calls) hes getting massive implied odds to call with virtually any 2 suited tbf, 10j/qj etc. i dont think he has kk/aa as i think he ships it pre. because if he doesnt thats just terrible. 

• edited March 2011
    Just an unpleasant board where your never going to love your hand.  I dont think you did anything wrong pre flop, your 4bet should force out the so so hands, you dont want to make it so steep the 3bet raiser instantly folds, bit surprised you got 4 way action there TBH.

BB's putting in 25BB's cold, which polarises his range a little, got to put BTN on BW(AKh) J's or Q's IMO.  Weird hand.  Unless you had a bluffy image at that time?