You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why is this site so bad

edited March 2011 in Area 51

Three matches in a row.

Match 1. All in to win match 4 times (best hand 3 times). Lose all 4 and lose match

Match 2. All in to win match with best hand. Lose and then lose match

Match 3. This hand to win match. Shock horror sky rewards the abolsutely atrocious call

Hand History #354656585 (15:42 23/03/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebaggsSmall blind 15.0015.001950.00pokabossBig blind 30.0045.001005.00 Your hole cardsKA   baggsRaise 75.00120.001875.00pokabossRaise 120.00240.00885.00baggsAll-in 1875.002115.000.00pokabossAll-in 885.003000.000.00baggsUnmatched bet 930.002070.00930.00baggsShowKA   pokabossShow78   Flop  7310   Turn  9   River  2   pokabossWinPair of 7s2070.00 2070.00

and then this hand 5 hands later, shock horror sky rewards an atrocious call pre flop. The RNG on this site is a complete and utter farce.

Hand History #354657038 (15:44 23/03/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancepokabossSmall blind 25.0025.002195.00baggsBig blind 50.0075.00730.00 Your hole cards33   pokabossCall 25.00100.002170.00baggsRaise 150.00250.00580.00pokabossCall 150.00400.002020.00Flop  10J10   baggsAll-in 580.00980.000.00pokabossCall 580.001560.001440.00pokabossShow107   baggsShow33   Turn  K   River  7   pokabossWinFull House, 10s and 7s1560.00 3000.0

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Hand one.. he is 40%+ to win hand...why shouldnt he ?

Hand two... your bet of 150 from a stack of only 730 invited him to see a flop, it was cheap for him with his stack. Either shove or fold pre. No way should you shove on that flop, so many hands he could be holding to beat you.
  • edited March 2011

LMAO. Do you really need me to answer your hand one question, "why shouldnt he"

What hand is he possibly beating? Given pretty much nothing he is going to lose circa 60% of the time.  Is that a good enough reason?

• edited March 2011
    Having seen hand 1, just jam hand 2.

You aren't folding out anything making it 3x, which you obv want to do w/33, and your hand isn't strong enough to play for value.

Keep re-matching.
  • edited March 2011
     I meant why shouldnt he win. Poor call I agree and probably only made out of stubborness.
    But the betting was odd from the start. Undersize weakish raise, followed by weak reraise, then the shove ?

So he was calling 885 to take a pot of 2115. 78 suited was just about good against anything but an overpair.

Maybe I am a bit biased coz it is the sort of spot I get myself in too often in h/up play. His reraise was so weak but he probably felt it committed him to the pot.
  • edited March 2011
    Have to agree with P7,

First hand it was a poor call by him, however he wasn't that far behind,   you never are with two live cards

Second hand... did you really want a caller with a pair of 3's.  You either shove pre flop, or just check it and go set mining.  Soon as you saw the texture of that flop.  No more money in the pot for me 
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Why is this site so bad:
     I meant why shouldnt he win. Poor call I agree and probably only made out of stubborness. But the betting was odd from the start. Undersize weakish raise, followed by weak reraise, then the shove ? So he was calling 885 to take a pot of 2115. 78 suited was just about good against anything but an overpair. Maybe I am a bit biased coz it is the sort of spot I get myself in too often in h/up play. His reraise was so weak but he probably felt it committed him to the pot.
    Posted by penguin7
    Dont agree with your logic. This wasnt a cash game with infinite hands. By calling he has lost on approx 60% of occassions. On the other 40% he hasnt actually won anything, he is only in the chip lead. Say he loses half of the games where he sucks out. Does it still make sense to call?
  • edited March 2011
    Have to agree with P7, First hand it was a poor call by him, however he wasn't that far behind,   you never are with two live cards Second hand... did you really want a caller with a pair of 3's.  You either shove pre flop, or just check it and go set mining.  Soon as you saw the texture of that flop.  No more money in the pot for me 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Poor call? Its totally abysmal. You know you arent beating any hands yet put your money in anyway for a 40% shot. Thats just degenerate.

Given he wont fold 78 shoving 33 is in my opinion poor. At least if I get him to see a flop he might have the nouse to fold if he misses. This then removes the river and turn beats from an all in pre shove
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Why is this site so bad : Poor call? Its totally abysmal. You know you arent beating any hands yet put your money in anyway for a 40% shot. Thats just degenerate. Given he wont fold 78 shoving 33 is in my opinion poor. At least if I get him to see a flop he might have the nouse to fold if he misses. This then removes the river and turn beats from an all in pre shove
    Posted by baggs
    lol
  • edited March 2011
    You want these calls.. it's a dream call... omg 
  • edited March 2011
    LMAO. Do you really need me to answer your hand one question, "why shouldnt he" What hand is he possibly beating? Given pretty much nothing he is going to lose circa 60% of the time.  Is that a good enough reason?
    Posted by baggs

To be honest all you have shown here is that you lost two races,AK was a bit unlucky,but 33 is never going to beat much apart from 22...

i can see that you are frustrated,i used to be there,until i realized that there was a part of my game missing,you too in time will realize this....

good luck 

toby
  • edited March 2011
    ITS SO BAD COS ITS FIXED SIMPLES
  • edited March 2011
    Dont agree with your logic. This wasnt a cash game with infinite hands. By calling he has lost on approx 60% of occassions. On the other 40% he hasnt actually won anything, he is only in the chip lead. Say he loses half of the games where he sucks out. Does it still make sense to call?

Logically there is still SOME sense to the call. After the strange bet and raise he obviously has two choices.

CALL: 41 out of 100 times he will take the pot and then have 2070 chips to your 930 and then have a good chance of winning.

FOLD: He will have 885 chips to your 2115, does he have a 40% chance of winning from there?

I do agree with Chirpy though, I  love people making these calls, but have to accept that sometimes they are gonna hit.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Why is this site so bad : To be honest all you have shown here is that you lost two races,AK was a bit unlucky,but 33 is never going to beat much apart from 22... i can see that you are frustrated,i used to be there,until i realized that there was a part of my game missing,you too in time will realize this.... good luck  toby
    Posted by djblacke04
    You were blogging all over 2 + 2 about this site being rigged so forgive me if I ignore your advice
  • edited March 2011
    Dont agree with your logic. This wasnt a cash game with infinite hands. By calling he has lost on approx 60% of occassions. On the other 40% he hasnt actually won anything, he is only in the chip lead. Say he loses half of the games where he sucks out. Does it still make sense to call? Logically there is still SOME sense to the call. After the strange bet and raise he obviously has two choices. CALL: 41 out of 100 times he will take the pot and then have 2070 chips to your 930 and then have a good chance of winning. FOLD: He will have 885 chips to your 2115, does he have a 40% chance of winning from there? I do agree with Chirpy though, I  love people making these calls, but have to accept that sometimes they are gonna hit.
    Posted by penguin7
    Theres logic but its massively flawed. There is logic in betting on red every spin in roulette but its not very good
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Why is this site so bad : Theres logic but its massively flawed. There is logic in betting on red every spin in roulette but its not very good
    Posted by baggs
    it's just variance lol,baggs ask a nice friend who you trust to open a nice new account and just watch them bad beats disapear it's amazing same player but such a big difference brings back belief in your own game again same player same game totaly contrasting results i wonder why?
    just to note it's not me thats done this but seen it done by a freind and his results were of total contrast could not win on one account could not lose on the other.