You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too fast, or just fast enough?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Playing 10handed $100 dym. 

Maybe 8 hands in, I'm the only player sat above starting stack.

I'm in mid position with 9c9d.

I've been pretty active, but with hands.

Blinds 20/40, 1500 Starting stack

UTG limps, UTG +1 limps.  I make it 135 to see what they do, but felt like one of the was playing possum, due to my HHF.

BB calls as do the two limpers.  Flop comes 9s8d5d.  560 in the pot

BB opens for 100, intitial limper makes it 350, second limper flat calls.  On you with 1360 in the pot, 350 to call with a stack in total of 2100. 

Easy decision right??

Comments

• edited March 2011

Fold - ain't gonna happen
    Call - yeah right
    Min-raise - and give him the pot odds for the diamond or gutshot - insane
    Raise 1,050 - pot commits you, though could entice a loose call

Realistically, it's a shove. If one of these limpers happens to have 67 (quite possible by the way) then good luck to them.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, instant Jam.

Got called by AA and 10Jd, faded all trouble, then made the top 5, for the DYM.

The high value ones can be profitable.  Ran my BR up by 1400$ in 3 hrs doing them once, lost it all the next day :p
  • edited March 2011
    with 1360 in the pot you really want all folds after ya shove, giving you 3460chips going forward, giving you 90%+ of winning
  • edited March 2011
    You didnt really need to post this did you?

Even me mr nit is only ever shoving there!

• edited March 2011
    It its all folds seems like 100%? :p

I'd of taken 1 call, I think I'm only really getting called by a big D draw, with maybe the inside straight draw.  Dont know about you, but all the post flop action, I fold an overpair there, 4 to a flop.  If I get outdraw I can live with it, played the hand as well as possible, rather it go that way than call and let the turn help one of the remaining players and not know where I am.  Bound to come the 6d or such :p
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Too fast, or just fast enough?:
    You didnt really need to post this did you? Even me mr nit is only ever shoving there!
    Posted by donkeyplop

To be honest bud I'm so confident with my live game I worry that I've become kind of blinkered.  Just wanted to see if other people advocated a different approach.  Perhaps the pre flop limp, or something different on the flop.  I am a big time losing online player and am very curious to your guys input and approach.
  • edited March 2011
    folding an overpair would seem wize :)
  • edited March 2011
    dont know if thats sarcasm or not bud but you do have 4 to the flop, a lead, a good sized raise and a flat.  Pretty crazy to fall in love with an overpair there.  Plus its a DYM
  • edited March 2011
    no, no sarcasm just agreeing with you that i folds an overpair, like you said its a nasty spot with 3 opponents and that action on the flop