You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i keep playing the same way through this bad losing streak?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
1st off sorry if iv posted in the wrong place. Right ever since iv tried implementing new techniques into my game ie 3 fold betting etc iv just hit 1 big poker wall and aint winning no tournaments at all? Before i tried this i was winning more than i was losing is it just a case of gradually implementing these techniques into your normal game or just going back to the way i played before? also could anyone suggest any good books on strategys because im playing way too aggressivly at the moment with hands that are costing me anyway thanks 

Comments

• edited March 2011
    If you're playing well and generally not making silly mistakes then you should stick to your game plan. Saying that, when losing you should give your game a once over or two and try to spot mistakes you've made then try not to make them again. So, don't change your basic game, just fine tune it.

The first book I read was Helmuth's Play Like the Pros. It's good for absolute beginners - it helped me win my pub league just 3 months after taking up the game. But if you want a more in depth read with more useful tips I'd recommend Harrington On Hole 'Em. It comes in two parts about £30, but if you shop around you may find it cheaper.
  • edited March 2011
    Helmuths play like the pros is the worse possible poker book u could read, it will do u more harm than good
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i keep playing the same way through this bad losing streak?:
    If you're playing well and generally not making silly mistakes then you should stick to your game plan. Saying that, when losing you should give your game a once over or two and try to spot mistakes you've made then try not to make them again. So, don't change your basic game, just fine tune it. The first book I read was Helmuth's Play Like the Pros. It's good for absolute beginners - it helped me win my pub league just 3 months after taking up the game. But if you want a more in depth read with more useful tips I'd recommend Harrington On Hole 'Em. It comes in two parts about £30, but if you shop around you may find it cheaper.
    Posted by ExLeper78
    thanks ill give it a look