You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Totally Random Outcome Of Course

edited March 2011 in Area 51
First two hands arent big favourites I agree but at that point I think to myself well Im clearly not going to win this one and shock horror look at the 3rd hand. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............But of course its just variance right.

Hand History #355312213 (17:51 25/03/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebaggsSmall blind 15.0015.002342.50HTHMBBig blind 30.0045.00612.50 Your hole cardsA8   baggsRaise 75.00120.002267.50HTHMBAll-in 612.50732.500.00baggsCall 552.501285.001715.00baggsShowA8   HTHMBShowQ10   Flop  QQK   TurnHand History #355313064 (17:54 25/03/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceHTHMBSmall blind 15.0015.00835.00baggsBig blind 30.0045.002120.00 Your hole cardsAQ   HTHMBRaise 105.00150.00730.00baggsAll-in 2120.002270.000.00HTHMBAll-in 730.003000.000.00baggsUnmatched bet 1300.001700.001300.00HTHMBShowK10   baggsShowAQ   Flop  848   Turn  7   RiverRiver was a King of course!

Hand History #355313964 (17:56 25/03/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceHTHMBSmall blind 15.0015.001595.00baggsBig blind 30.0045.001360.00 Your hole cardsJJ   HTHMBRaise 105.00150.001490.00baggsAll-in 1360.001510.000.00HTHMBCall 1270.002780.00220.00HTHMBShow2<span style="padding-right:0px;background-position:1px 100%;display:block;padding-left:0px;font-size:0.9em;padding-bottom:10px;margin:0px 0px 0px 2px;width:15px;color:#000000;padding-top:0px;background-rep

Comments

• edited March 2011

A winning player, with a mentality like yours, shows just how soft this site really is.

Kinda depressing for other winning players tbh   :(
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Totally Random Outcome Of Course:
    A winning player, with a mentality like yours, shows just how soft this site really is. Kinda depressing for other winning players tbh   :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    A player with as many smart ar** comments as yourself just goes to show the type of people poker attracts

Lets play heads up again, didnt do so well last time did you?
  • edited March 2011

I think we drew 1-1 and u didn't offer a 3rd re-match.

Nor did I.

I prefer to play losing players, not winning ones.

Your record here is vvvvv good. Yet u moan and complain about standard hands. That makes me more inclined to think you aren't very good.

Which means the players you and I am beating day in/day out, must be terrible.....

So the poker world must be sooooooooooo much tougher than you, a winning player here.

Which depresses me.

If you wanna play some games to "make a point" or whatever, we can play a series of £1 games, best of 21, loser donates £20 to charity, but if we're talking decent money, i'd rather play losing players that are EVEN WORSE than you and I.
  • edited March 2011
    I think we drew 1-1 and u didn't offer a 3rd re-match. Nor did I. I prefer to play losing players, not winning ones. Your record here is vvvvv good. Yet u moan and complain about standard hands. That makes me more inclined to think you aren't very good. Which means the players you and I am beating day in/day out, must be terrible..... So the poker world must be sooooooooooo much tougher than you, a winning player here. Which depresses me. If you wanna play some games to "make a point" or whatever, we can play a series of £1 games, best of 21, loser donates £20 to charity, but if we're talking decent money, i'd rather play losing players that are EVEN WORSE than you and I.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lol thought not. Maybe if you actually had some perspective on how good u are it wouldnt depress you.
  • edited March 2011

This is what I'm trying to say.

You give me perspective.

I use winning players here to judge how good I might be elsewhere.

My record isn't dis-similar to yours here, yet you moan and winge like a total donkey/fish would. I like to see the winning players be uber confident, and understand the sick variance that goes with HU - esp sngs.

But I mean...u're moaning about the rng, and ur thousands up.....wtf.....

Get a grip.

If all the losing players disappeared, you would be the first winning player I would look for in the lobby.

Maybe you ran amazing for 6 months now you're getting a reality check. Who knows. 
  • edited March 2011
    This is what I'm trying to say. You give me perspective. I use winning players here to judge how good I might be elsewhere. My record isn't dis-similar to yours here, yet you moan and winge like a total donkey/fish would. I like to see the winning players be uber confident, and understand the sick variance that goes with HU - esp sngs. But I mean...u're moaning about the rng, and ur thousands up.....wtf..... Get a grip. If all the losing players disappeared, you would be the first winning player I would look for in the lobby. Maybe you ran amazing for 6 months now you're getting a reality check. Who knows. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lets play then. You're full of comments constantly putting people down.
  • edited March 2011
    Sadly agrees with Dohhh
  • edited March 2011
    Now just hang on a minute. Baggs hasn't come on here ranting and raving - in fact he's pretty relaxed in the initial post. Then he's jumped on and suddenly it's made all personal. 

If the posts in here annoy you so much Dohhhhhhh, I suggest it's you that needs a break. Get real, area51 is for just this type of thing - it isn't the clinic and it definitely isn't is a duck-shoot where anyone with an inflated ego can chuck out personal insults to anyone who posts here.

If the guy wants to blow off some steam - that's his prerogative in here.
  • edited March 2011
    Can you not have normal discussions in A51 now then?

edit - anyway, i dnt rly care wether I can or not, I will until I'm told otherwise.

The guy is someone I respect*, I'm not sla gging him, just questioning his mentality.

Theres no notice on the A51 door saying sore losers only, I reckon we're all allowed in.

Im not personally attacking the guy either, just saying he can't be anywhere near as good as I thought he once was. 

Good players don't blame the dealer.
  • edited March 2011
    You made it personal talking about the guys mentality.

He was obviously upset by that. Rather than back off you went in some more. That's not normal.
  • edited March 2011
    He makes money from poker.

It's not like I'm rubbing down a losing player, telling him how bad he is.

• edited March 2011
    Area51 would be a pretty pointless place if nobody responded to any bad beat posts :)
  • edited March 2011
    He makes money from poker. It's not like I'm rubbing down a losing player, telling him how bad he is.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I make money from poker and I'm an Olympic standard whinger. He has great stats that's for sure. That must mean he knows his way around a poker table. As such the guy should be treated with a little more respect for whatever point of view he wishes to put forward. Anyone can agree or disagree with his point of view but there are ways of doing it without it getting personal.

• edited March 2011
    His stats suggest he's good.

He plays on sky, so he may not be as good as his stats suggest.*

His mentality/attiitude suggests he's nowhere near as good as his stats suggest.

Look at the hands he's posted at the top of this thread. Absolutely standard for a heads up game.

He's just run good and exploited bad players to get that record, he clearly hasn't got a clue about the game. It's just not possible to be a good HU player when u cry about losing a 60/40. wtf????

If sky closed tomorrow, he'd be the type of player I'd be looking for elsewhere.

* He isn't

"play him then, money where your mouth is"

- No, coz there's plenty even worse than him.

• edited March 2011
    His stats suggest he's good. He plays on sky, so he may not be as good as his stats suggest.* His mentality/attiitude suggests he's nowhere near as good as his stats suggest. Look at the hands he's posted at the top of this thread. Absolutely standard for a heads up game. He's just run good and exploited bad players to get that record, he clearly hasn't got a clue about the game. It's just not possible to be a good HU player when u cry about losing a 60/40. wtf???? If sky closed tomorrow, he'd be the type of player I'd be looking for elsewhere. * He isn't "play him then, money where your mouth is" - No, coz there's plenty even worse than him.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohhhhhh you say his mentality/attitude suggest he isn't as good as his stats suggest. His stats state very clearly that he's in the top % of players on Sky for profitability. 

How you can determine this guys mentality/attitude from what he said in the OP is beyond me -

Quote;  First two hands arent big favourites I agree but at that point I think to myself well Im clearly not going to win this one and shock horror look at the 3rd hand. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............But of course its just variance right.

Cut the guy some slack 

• edited March 2011

He thinks the site is rigged/fixed/not fair.whatever, because he's running bad.

Read his previous posts. 

A winning player, with those sorts of opinions, makes me v v v upset :( He's prob better than me, but in the real poker world, he isn't v good :(

So that makes me even more "not very good" than him.

• edited March 2011
    I'm not as good as any of you but even I see that these are standard HU hands.  I suggest that the OP revisits his reason for posting - what you trying to say? 
  • edited March 2011
    His stats suggest he's good. He plays on sky, so he may not be as good as his stats suggest.* His mentality/attiitude suggests he's nowhere near as good as his stats suggest. Look at the hands he's posted at the top of this thread. Absolutely standard for a heads up game. He's just run good and exploited bad players to get that record, he clearly hasn't got a clue about the game. It's just not possible to be a good HU player when u cry about losing a 60/40. wtf???? If sky closed tomorrow, he'd be the type of player I'd be looking for elsewhere. * He isn't "play him then, money where your mouth is" - No, coz there's plenty even worse than him.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This whole area is for letting off steam isnt it

However this is hilarious. "He's just run good and exploited bad players to get that record" but i wont play him because "theres plenty even worse than him" - You are actually selecting players to play based on their stats, surely the irony of this isnt lost on you.

Im not sure why annoyance with getting beat when ahead influences how I play poker but you are entitled to your opinion. And for the record I am well aware I am very average but I would note that I am very pleased with my 4500+ game hot streak, Im also happy to play anyone who comes along and sits with me.

....And im aware beats are a fact of life when you are playing the odds, its just annoying when they happen seemingly continously for a month. Im sure it will turn soon ;-)

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Totally Random Outcome Of Course : This whole area is for letting off steam isnt it However this is hilarious. "He's just run good and exploited bad players to get that record" but i wont play him because "theres plenty even worse than him" - You are actually selecting players to play based on their stats, surely the irony of this isnt lost on you. Im not sure why annoyance with getting beat when ahead influences how I play poker but you are entitled to your opinion. And for the record I am well aware I am very average but I would note that I am very pleased with my 4500+ game hot streak, Im also happy to play anyone who comes along and sits with me. ....And im aware beats are a fact of life when you are playing the odds, its just annoying when they happen seemingly continously for a month. Im sure it will turn soon ;-)
    Posted by baggs
    Surely every winning HU sng player does this?

its +ev to play weaker games. I guess its the sng equivelent of table selection, which we all know is really important in cash games.

Playing better players to try and prove yourself might be good for your ego, and long term development, but it's not gonna do alot for your R.O.I.

• edited March 2011
    I think Area51 is great for letting off steam, its what its here for !

But it does surprise me when someone who is obviously a very very good player opens multiple threads with headlines similar to this one. If someone who is a bit of a fish posts on here about the RNG I love to laugh with them or even at them.

But when a better player complains of losing a series of pots where they have got their chips in ahead and blames the RNG, I have and will respond. Baggs, if you say it has been happening to you for a month I sympathise. It must be particularly frustrating if you play HU sng, as you must feel it is the same player who is constantly outdrawing you.

I see no evidence yet of a downswing in your results. But I have been through a couple of those myself,and I can tell you its even worse when you feel you are being outdrawn for three months and see your BR shrinking.

Its variance m8, it happens ! The danger is when you are not enjoying the game, and stops you doing the things that have always worked for you.

The last sentence in your last post is good to see:

..And im aware beats are a fact of life when you are playing the odds, its just annoying when they happen seemingly continously for a month. Im sure it will turn soon ;

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Totally Random Outcome Of Course : Surely every winning HU sng player does this? its +ev to play weaker games. I guess its the sng equivelent of table selection, which we all know is really important in cash games. Playing better players to try and prove yourself might be good for your ego, and long term development, but it's not gonna do alot for your R.O.I.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can honestly say I dont do this. I sit down and whomever joins gets a game. Its not anything to do with ego I just can't be bothered waiting for someone to appear at the level I want to play who may or may not be worse than me
  • edited March 2011
    I think Area51 is great for letting off steam, its what its here for ! But it does surprise me when someone who is obviously a very very good player opens multiple threads with headlines similar to this one. If someone who is a bit of a fish posts on here about the RNG I love to laugh with them or even at them. But when a better player complains of losing a series of pots where they have got their chips in ahead and blames the RNG, I have and will respond. Baggs, if you say it has been happening to you for a month I sympathise. It must be particularly frustrating if you play HU sng, as you must feel it is the same player who is constantly outdrawing you. I see no evidence yet of a downswing in your results. But I have been through a couple of those myself,and I can tell you its even worse when you feel you are being outdrawn for three months and see your BR shrinking. Its variance m8, it happens ! The danger is when you are not enjoying the game, and stops you doing the things that have always worked for you. The last sentence in your last post is good to see: ..And im aware beats are a fact of life when you are playing the odds, its just annoying when they happen seemingly continously for a month. Im sure it will turn soon ;
    Posted by penguin7
    Well I thought the doomswitch had moved on but in four hands I had pocket kings cracked by a full house and 88 vs 66 all in pre lose to finish me off in a SNG. Back to the drawing board lol