You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just a cooler live?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
£100 freezeout Luton tonight. Last hand of first level, blinds 25/50. Comfortable with 9000 chips.

10h 7h

175 bet from early position by known any two merchant and folded to me,.so I call. BB comes in too.

Flop 10c 8c 4c

Checked to me, so I bet 300, repping A clubs, but still with poor top pair. A call and a fold.

Turn 7c

2 good pairs but had to put him on a club so happy when he checked and I took the free card.

River 10d *edit !

He bets 1000, I have to put him on big flush, so raise to 2500 and he shoves and I call.

56 clubs !

Why did he check/call the flop ?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    i dont get why betting is for repping Ac, its mainly for protection/value imo and does set yourself up for being able to bluff multiple streets.

if we were repping Ac on the flop why arent we betting this turn card?  all it changes is that we are now ahead of overpairs without a club but we arent going to be able to extract value from the on the river anyway, and they will end up chopping or counterfeiting us /> 20% of the time!!

river is fine imo
  • edited March 2011
    Not sure why he check calls flop, maybe hopes you fire again with A10K10, if the turn comes a blank rather than protect his weak flush.  You have the 4th nuts, difficult not to get your money in there.  Ultra runner runner cooler to the 1 outer bud.  Pretty sure you dont get it all in on a different configuration.  Pretty sick, rivers a death card.

I dont think you did much wrong, you lead out on the flop, mostly looking for information? serious action I guess you fold?  Make a bad two pair on the turn, smart ewnough to check back the 4 club, then get it in with 10's full, with only 9cJc, 108 and the 56c beating you.  If you read him for a big flush your play is grest the vast majority, ultra cooler.
  • edited March 2011
    personally i would of kicked off with 2 of the same card in the pack!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011

They always seem to bink straight flushes at Luton

ive only been 3 times and have seen like five of them!

rigged imo...

Sounds like a cooler... its "ungetoffable" on the river. It wasnt chompy was it?

• edited March 2011
    heard about this from TK.  utter sickness.

fwiw you don't need to rep anything when you actually have a hand.  you only have to rep things when you have no hand/are trying to rep a bluff.
  • edited March 2011

Funnily enough Greg, Chompy was the "any two"!

Maybe I misdescribed my bet on the flop. On that flop I would have been happy to take the pot down there and then with a bet. And AMYBR is right when he says it was for information too. But on any suited flop I think the whereabouts of the ace is so important. I would rather have had that in my hand than what I actually held, top pair with a poor kicker.

• edited March 2011
    Dont mind betting out on flop, but disagree reps the Ac. As played why is it bad he checks his flush on the flop? he obv doesnt put u on Ac otherwise he probably bets or re-raises. Just a cooler after that river UL
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    I didnt know this was chompy btw, it was just based on your description and the way the hand played out. He is ooober lucky you see, and he wears the same t-shirt every day of the week so im told.