You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

yidette9 SHUTS UP and GROWS UP.........

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Picture this ...... After my daily fix of Hollyoaks, kids are out, time for Emmerdale knowing that half way through that, it will be time for my priority ... skypoker deepstack

Now picture this ..... By my side is Budgirl trying to beat the record for the worlds longest sulk.

Never mind, I'll just keep quiet and try not to rattle his cage!!!!

With 93 runners my immediate thoughts are that my little bankroll will be £2.20 lighter when I get knocked out as only the top 10 will cash and with Budgirl uttering words I have never EVER heard him say "I'm not in the mood for poker" I start the deepie knowing that I WON'T be getting any help or advice from him.

The silence is deafening 
Worse still, yidette is card-dead!

FOLD, FOLD, FOLD, my only involvement in the game is if no-one raises my BB, on top of that, to the limpers delight .... even the flop joins in the sulk against yidette!

I am a few hundred chips down after the first break and with the blinds up I know I need to change gear so I think to myself "Please dealer, just give me a decent hand to raise with(cos I haven't learnt how to bluff yet!).

THEN ... another table pops up!!!! OMG, I am meant to be a "SURVIVOR" too.
2 tables (short-stacked in 1), without Budgirls watchful eye ..... and yes, still in silence, I try my best to play 2 poker games at the same time ... MASSIVE TASK!!!

In the deepie I notice Maxally come to my table, now usually I am straight into the chat-box but knowing that I wouldn't get a nudge in the ribs when I miss my cards, I knew I had to keep chat-box well and truly CLOSED!! So I would like to apologise to Maxy for not saying "hello"

Then, lo and behold, I am dealt a hand worthy of a raise (J,J). Maxally, in SB, calls my 2xraise and we see a flop (drat, this flop has a sulky king on it). Here we go ....
Maxally bets ..... and yes, yidette folds the hooks. 

Maxally shows me his cards .... and I am sure that the king in his hand was sticking his tongue out at me!!!!! Although I feel like I have made a good fold, my chipstack is now in a sulk too!

So we continue and getting close to "my only move is "ship it" mode. I am dealt (A,10). I dare another raise, miscalculating what would (or wouldn't) remain of my ever-diminishing chipstack and yes, you guessed it .... some-one on my table has "a monster" and puts me all-in.
Well, I didn't raise to fold so I make the call. He has (K,K) so I prepare for the worst .....

HAHAHA ..... yidette hits an ACE!!!!! ..... and doubles up.

Budgirl must have been watching and actually said "Well done!!!"

Next hand, I am dealt (A,K). After some action on the table and it is my turn to act, Budgirl sits up straight and says in his best teacher voice "You know what to do". I re-raise all-in and win another big pot!!!

With my 16000 chips in the deepie, I am moved to Madmoo's table ...and yes,at this point I have died in the survivor tournament. Now, I usually have a good natter with Moo (if you read this Moo, I hope you will understand why I am now apologising for not saying "hello")

We play on and after such a bad start I somehow began to feel like I might cash!!!
I played the same deepie the night before and cashed in 10th place so tonight I desperately wanted 9th.

The bubble came ....... and BURST!!!   Yippee, my bankroll was safe.

Budgirl even managed a smile ....   ^_^ <------ like this.

9th place came and went, so too did 8th and 7th .....

yidette was on the FT, albeit short with 28000 chips!!!

Play continues, then, yes,yes,yes 6th place came and went.

I was the shortie so with (A,Q) hearts I ship it, only to be called by the chip daddy who was holding (6,9). I miss the lot ..... he hits his six .... and GAME OVER!!!

I FINISH 5TH and WIN £14.88 ..... and accept my defeat graciously (this is why I refer to "growing up" in the title of my thread.

The "shutting up" should speak for itself...

Thank you for reading this

Lorraine xx   (btw, Budgirl was talking to me this morning, I wonder if he still will be after reading this.   ooooooops   xx

Comments

• edited March 2011

Nice post Lorraine and nice cash. I departed in 23rd in this one 99 v A 10.

I however was still playing in the £1.10 Deepstack which had 108 runners......Which I took down in first place! wiiiiiiiiiiiiii

^^^ Blatant brag in blatant brag thread ^^^

XX....more win (e) tonight me thinks...

• edited March 2011
    Excellent post and well done on a nice cash.

Often in tournaments you can be card dead for the first half and then hit nice cards in the second half. Others you hit all your nice cards early on and then have nothing in the later stages.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: yidette9 SHUTS UP and GROWS UP.........:
    Nice post Lorraine and nice cash. I departed in 23rd in this one 99 v A 10. I however was still playing in the £1.10 Deepstack which had 108 runners......Which I took down in first place! wiiiiiiiiiiiiii ^^^ Blatant brag in blatant brag thread ^^^ XX....more win (e) tonight me thinks...
    Posted by MAXALLY

wiiiiiiiiiii   Maxy. great win  :))
  • edited March 2011
    Nice post & well done!!
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Lorraine, thought you must have had chat off last night
    Nice post and well done on making final table
    The hand you went out was... well wow!!!
    Well done not putting chat on after it :)
    Will post my exit hand for you to see against same player.
    Lisa x
    ps Nice win Alan, well done x
  • edited March 2011

Still in shock after this one MADMOO Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 64203.62 welshy1986 Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 270828.87   Your hole cards A A       Mylena Fold     ronnie2313 Fold     MADMOO Raise  9000.00 13500.00 55203.62 welshy1986 Call  7500.00 21000.00 263328.87 Flop    7 6 J       MADMOO Bet  21000.00 42000.00 34203.62 welshy1986 Call  21000.00 63000.00 242328.87 Turn    K       MADMOO All-in  34203.62 97203.62 0.00 welshy1986 Call  34203.62 131407.24 208125.25 MADMOO Show A A    welshy1986 Show 2 2    River    2       welshy1986 Win Three 2s 131407.24  339532.49

• edited March 2011
    nice post lorraine, sorry but i cant comment as im not speaking to you......................  xxxx
      Sick beat mooooooo
  • edited March 2011
    nice post lorraine, sorry but i cant comment as im not speaking to you......................  xxxx   Sick beat mooooooo
    Posted by budgirl
    Reason for mammoth sulk or it didn't happen ;o)

P.S. WP Lorraine!!!

xx

• edited March 2011
    Still in shock after this one MADMOO Small blind   1500.00 1500.00 64203.62 welshy1986 Big blind   3000.00 4500.00 270828.87   Your hole cards A A       Mylena Fold         ronnie2313 Fold         MADMOO Raise   9000.00 13500.00 55203.62 welshy1986 Call   7500.00 21000.00 263328.87 Flop     7 6 J       MADMOO Bet   21000.00 42000.00 34203.62 welshy1986 Call   21000.00 63000.00 242328.87 Turn     K       MADMOO All-in   34203.62 97203.62 0.00 welshy1986 Call   34203.62 131407.24 208125.25 MADMOO Show A A       welshy1986 Show 2 2       River     2       welshy1986 Win Three 2s 131407.24   339532.49
    Posted by MADMOO
    hi Lisa ......  oh no, your exit hand was even worse than mine!!!  Ah well, Steve said to me that welshy probably had lucked his way to the chip lead!!!
    Was he laughing at me in the chat box??
    GL at your tables, see ya soon.
    Lorraine xx
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: yidette9 SHUTS UP and GROWS UP......... : Reason for mammoth sulk or it didn't happen ;o) P.S. WP Lorraine!!! xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    hello Irene, reason for mammoth sulk ..... hmm dare I publish it????  Let's just say I now understand why he calls himself budGIRL !!!!   only joking, just a domestic really.

Yes, the sulk did happen and I am glad he has snapped out of it ...... AT LONG LAST

GL at your tables, see ya soon,
    Lorraine xx
  • edited March 2011

Both beats where really bad, had to walk away from computer after mine.
    Notice the chip lead he had after taking me out in 4th, think there was about 400,000 chips in play he had 339,000. Ten minutes later looked at the table and he was out in 3rd!!!!
    He didn't laugh at you, he didn't use the chatbox at all, not surprising really
    Oh well friday night drunks make poker even more entertaining :) xx

• edited March 2011
    Just for the information of all the women on here.

Men don't sulk.......  we wait patiently for women to calm down......  so we can explain rationally why we are right ;o)
  • edited March 2011
    Great post Lorraine.  And a good result - I know it means a lot to you.  Good luck!
  • edited March 2011

Well done Lorraine.
  • edited March 2011
    Spot on Jock!!!!!!!!!!

PS, she just came 2rd in afternoon deep stack.  WP hun. Maybe tonight you will COME 1st. lmao

steve
  • edited March 2011
    Well done Lorraine
  • edited March 2011
    Very well done Lorraine and yet another blog worthing post.
  • edited March 2011
    Well done yidette and great post again.I watch emmerdale too but i can remember when the programme had a farm, set in the country and not a cow in sight.lol.
  • edited March 2011
    Nice post Lorraine sorry to take your chips the other day.  For your record you were right to fold to my all-in.  AA  I used to show my cards on a fold but was told this only antagonized players who " Quote" said if I wanted to see your hand I would have called you. end quote.  So now I don't show or say my cards. If it's any consolation I went out soon after you to monster.!!   I have only just started to play deep stacks so our paths may cross again in the future. Thank you for your request on my profile but I do not use the PM service due to it not being Private.  In that Sky although they say they are not monitored have been through my private mail. I know this for a fact as they were privy to information they could only have gained from reading my PMs. You are still my rising Star 2011. GL Hugs Annie x  
  • edited March 2011
    blah blah bl;ah yidette attention seekin 2 the max. U  did well but come on u & bud love yr own voices lol
  • edited March 2011
    Nice post Lorraine sorry to take your chips the other day.  For your record you were right to fold to my all-in.  AA  I used to show my cards on a fold but was told this only antagonized players who " Quote" said if I wanted to see your hand I would have called you. end quote.  So now I don't show or say my cards. If it's any consolation I went out soon after you to monster.!!   I have only just started to play deep stacks so our paths may cross again in the future. Thank you for your request on my profile but I do not use the PM service due to it not being Private.  In that Sky although they say they are not monitored have been through my private mail. I know this for a fact as they were privy to information they could only have gained from reading my PMs. You are still my rising Star 2011. GL Hugs Annie x  
    Posted by logdon
    Thanks for your reply Annie. Your explanation about your decision not to show cards makes a lot of sense to me. Bud says I show my cards far too often and this is a detriment to my game. I know I still have lots to learn. Some months ago when Bud taught me how to play I honestly thought a poker game could ONLY be won by the hands that we get dealt. Now. I know this is far from true and find something new in each game I play or watch. Sending yidette hugs your way. GL Lorraine xx
  • edited March 2011
    blah blah bl;ah yidette attention seekin 2 the max. U  did well but come on u & bud love yr own voices lol
    Posted by seppe
    Thank you for your comments about my post. All feedback be it positive or negative is greatly appreciated however I must say that, as a relatively new poker player I find that encouragement helps me to improve my game and where better to get the said encouragement than the community forum. I take it that you read the whole of my post as you did say I did well. Not meant to be attention seeking, just wanted to share it. Thanks again, Lorraine
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by seppe

Charming 

• edited March 2011
    Posted by seppe
    +1
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: yidette9 SHUTS UP and GROWS UP......... : +1
    Posted by stien
    my reply to you stien is the same as I gave to seppe.
    You have taken the time to express your views, so thanks for that!
  • edited March 2011
    Lorraine,

I enjoy your posts,  keep them coming.

By the way, Loved your response.  That is the behaviour of a true lady....  and a Proper Poker Player 

• edited March 2011
    Lorraine, I enjoy your posts,  keep them coming. By the way, Loved your response.  That is the behaviour of a true lady....  and a Proper Poker Player 
    Posted by JockBMW
    +1
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by seppe[/QU

Lorraine doesn't need to seek attention seppe!!!   She gets more than enough from me. 
    Also to be fair seppe, i don't come on the site as much as i used to, so as for loving my own voice i think ive got less posts than you!!!

Steve