You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

running bad and tilting

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi

I have just come off a series of pretty bad losing sessions, with a run of horrible bad beats and some coolers. My aces were cracked preflop by a crazy guy who called with j/9. I ran into set over set, and a guy hit a miracle river to pair is ace, when i outkicked him. I just cant seem to make a profit lately - though thankfully i have not exhausted my backroll yet. 

I find i rarely tilt - however, towards the end of these sessions i was making some bad decisions - like i was more willing to do a coin flip gamble (which i would lose lol) or i would bet heavier with top pair and a weaker kicker (generally having less pot control)

Has anyone got any advice for dealing with a MULITIPLE series of losing sessions. Perhaps move down a level so risk less.. etc

Comments

• edited March 2011
    just keep making the correct decisions and play shorter sessions if your running really bad
  • edited March 2011
    A time out for a few days really helps! I am the king of tilting!!! When i run bad, i do it properly!

Have a couple of days off, get it out of your system and then start again.
  • edited March 2011
    play through the middle of the night loads of monies to be made thats when the fishies come on board and early in the mornings i had a tenner left on here friday and if i had lost it would probably of redeposited but have just been playing early hours in the night and up to midday and i have 80 quid now im not saying its a lot of money but simply saying that a lot of people call off light at these times.. why i don't know this has helped me get off a bad run