You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Avioding tilt

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi

I have just come off a pretty bad losing run, towards then end it could feel myself going on tilt and making bad decisions. I thought i would just give some advice i think might be useful to some people to aviod my pitfalls.

Cut your sessions down if you are constantly getting out drawn
When you FEEL like doing a big bluff or do do a big bluff - even if it works (especially if it is an all in) - sit out.. as will eventually get caught
Drop down a level where the money does not matter so much
Go out and have a cigarrette
If you feel annoyed at players CRA ZY call, which then outdraws you, get up and leave the table for a bit - dont think he is a fis h i will nail him - as you play a few too many hand and be inpatient.
Always evaluate your losing hand afterwards and if you played the hand badly sit out - if it was a cooler or the guy got luck (and you are NOT really pi ssed off) continue playing
Poker can be a very unjust game.. sometime fis hy players will just win and it is their session... If a guy keep outdrawing you it is best to leave and accept a small lost rather than continue in a annoyed state of mind.
Try to remember that you need fis hy player to play.. they may outdraw you here and there, but if poker was purely a game of skill (like say chess) they would not play - over the long run the better player will win..
Also, if you go on tilt - you will be the Fis hy player at the table... know your image... and if your image is become one of a fis hy player get up and leave..
Finally, try to chill out it only a game..

This is ofcourse easier said than done.. haha