You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is he strong or weak...???

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic

This Hand is Really bugging me,was late on in the primo,and i had to decide whether he was Raggy Ace or Even really strong ,i just need some other s thoughts...

Hand History #356177062 (23:56 27/03/2011)

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
Hampi2008 Small blind   1000.00 1000.00 8170.00
djblacke04 Big blind   2000.00 3000.00 11405.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

TONY509 Fold        
eirrabs04 Fold        
blizzard Raise   4000.00 7000.00 28375.50
Hampi2008 Fold        
djblacke04 Call   2000.00 9000.00 9405.00
Flop

• J
  • A

djblacke04 Check        
blizzard Bet   4000.00 13000.00 24375.50
djblacke04 Fold        
blizzard Muck        
blizzard Win   9000.00   33375.50 

Comments

• edited March 2011
    shove pre ainec
  • edited March 2011

Dunno about the maths of this situation, but I reckon even if he turns his hand face up and shows Ace x u still have to call to spike 2 pair, or a backdoor draw.

You really can't call a min raise out of a 6xbb stack, then fold at any point in the hand.

I watched this live, it wasn't close to a bubble or pay jump, think there was 16/17 left, the next jump was with 10 left.

Was scratching my head..... ??

What happened to shove/fold when you get to 10xbb?
  • edited March 2011
    Shove or fold only pre-flop with your stack. I shove unless the villain is an uber nit or we're right on the money bubble. I've no idea if he's strong or weak, there's only one way to find out.

I assume you're one of the shortest stacks still standing at this stage, if so you should be ready to gamble now before you get blinded out. When I shove with my QJ I'm happy to get called by anything except AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AQ, AJ, KQ or KJ. I don't mind taking my chances against AK or racing against an under pair. If you want to give yourself any chance of winning this tourney you need to double right now, there's no point meekly folding your way into oblivion.
  • edited March 2011
    Snap fold pre for me.
  • edited March 2011

i had too many tables open at the time,in my defence,and made a mistake,but i think next time i will shove pre...

• edited March 2011
    with less than a 7bb stack, on the bb, it'd take a pretty awful hand for me to get out of the way. You need a double up urgently, JQ has a fair chance of being in a flip, and could even be dominating if you're lucky. If you're behind, there's every chance you're not crushed. Jam it in preflop ftw and you never know, you may get a fold. V unlikely but still the best play by a mile.

If you're not gonna ship it pre, fold it. Calling is by far and away the worst option, unless you see a J high flop what are you liking? Any pair would have been good enough for me on that flop, regardless of the other cards- I'd definitely be shipping it. He could have had literally any hand in the deck the way you played it.