You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can someone explain to me why these sort of players win like they do

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
all this guy done was trow abuse all over the table he was the worse player but kept on winning, mainly on the river, when players do this it does get in my head and i play so much worse
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sim62 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £7.47
Vil Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £17.98
  Your hole cards

thebrick Call  £0.10 £0.25 £8.57
leon621 Raise  £0.50 £0.75 £6.43
steviejean Fold     
sim62 Fold     
Vil Raise  £0.80 £1.55 £17.18
thebrick Fold     
leon621 Call  £0.40 £1.95 £6.03
Flop

Vil Bet  £0.40 £2.35 £16.78
leon621 Raise  £3.15 £5.50 £2.88
Vil Call  £2.75 £8.25 £14.03
Turn

Vil Check     
leon621 All-in  £2.88 £11.13 £0.00
Vil Call  £2.88 £14.01 £11.15
Vil Show
  • J

leon621 Show

River

Vil Win Two Pairs, 7s and 6s £12.95  £24.10
Hi, I have amended this post to delete the offending players name as naming and shaming is in breach of the forum rules.  FYI if a player is being offensive at the tables please report them to cuatomer care.

ModKiwini (Steve)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I think some do the whole chat thing on purpose to tilt you. It's often the bad players too but they will probably lose more than they win over time.

• edited March 2011
    I think the fact you're re-raising with 44 and calling the big flop bet with an under pair answers your question. It tilts some players and makes them make poor decisions.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Leon

May I suggest you edit your OP to remove the names, otherwise I think you will find the mods may well do.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: can someone explain to me why these sort of players win like they do:
    I think the fact you're re-raising with 44 and calling the big flop bet with an under pair answers your question. It tilts some players and makes them make poor decisions.
    Posted by DannyMcs
    the thing is i made my raises knowing the villain is holding squat so i thought he is probably gonna fold but still manages to completely donk his way in on the river, not to mention im ahead from start to river on this hand so my raises are justified
  • edited March 2011
    Against these types of players I tend to tighten up my range alot.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: can someone explain to me why these sort of players win like they do:
    Hi Leon May I suggest you edit your OP to remove the names, otherwise I think you will find the mods may well do.
    Posted by acebarry10
    leave them in don't you want the info?
  • edited March 2011
    Against these types of players I tend to tighten up my range alot.
    Posted by AcidMan27

This out of position.

In position, just adapt how you play them, use pot control, don't cbet or get pot committed without a strong hands, check behind, induce bluffs, call their bets on the end wider, tilt them more into playing agro bad, rather than passive bad......, stack them!!

.....And reload to the max.

• edited March 2011
    That's my problem. In position I used to play any two cards against players like that, believe they've got zilch and when I hit my raggy top pair with no kicker i'd end up calling their overbets or shoves and spew off all my money.

That's why I  tightened up in position and out of position to make it easier for myself.

• edited March 2011
    the thing is i made my raises knowing the villain is holding squat so i thought he is probably gonna fold but still manages to completely donk his way in on the river, not to mention im ahead from start to river on this hand so my raises are justified
    Unfortunately even squat often beats 44 by the river, and even if the villain has raised the last 100 hands and shown air every single time you still don't KNOW they have air. By all means punish the loose player but if you are going to go to war you need a stronger hand than pocket 4s OOP if you don't hit the set on the flop. Shove his RR pre if you have to play it because you are rarely getting a nice looking flop for 44, but if he's as loose as you say I'm sure you can find a better spot.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: can someone explain to me why these sort of players win like they do : leave them in don't you want the info?
    Posted by stien
    Please see the edit by the mod :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: can someone explain to me why these sort of players win like they do : the thing is i made my raises knowing the villain is holding squat so i thought he is probably gonna fold but still manages to completely donk his way in on the river, not to mention im ahead from start to river on this hand so my raises are justified
    Posted by leon621

Thats not the point bud.  No matter what junk he's holding you have no advantage against the spewy player.  Also, how do you play your hand post flop??
  • edited March 2011
    These players DONT win! They might get the odd result here and there but lose in the long run. Its hands like this that keep them coming back. If the fish NEVER won they wouldn't play. bad beats are great!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: can someone explain to me why these sort of players win like they do : Thats not the point bud.  No matter what junk he's holding you have no advantage against the spewy player.  Also, how do you play your hand post flop??
    Posted by AMYBR

well i play almost all my hands the same post flop and thats aggesively if i believe im ahead so i get maximum value, if im being honest he does fold, but i think he was so busy saying how much of a complete lady garden (put very nicely) someone was and was simply clicking away. Im not actually upset about this loss, but merely that i see this kind of player come onto a table throw loads of abuse and luckbox there way to double or treble there money and shoot off faster than squirrel chased by bear.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: can someone explain to me why these sort of players win like they do : well i play almost all my hands the same post flop and thats aggesively if i believe im ahead so i get maximum value, if im being honest he does fold, but i think he was so busy saying how much of a complete lady garden (put very nicely) someone was and was simply clicking away. Im not actually upset about this loss, but merely that i see this kind of player come onto a table throw loads of abuse and luckbox there way to double or treble there money and shoot off faster than squirrel chased by bear.
    Posted by leon621
    Hi Leon

I know that Sky Poker take abuse at he tables very seriously, I suggets you contact Customer Care with the tabl ID, they can then pass it on to the relevent dept who can act upon it.
  • edited March 2011
    I think the majority of us come across this typ of player. DOHHHHHHH has basically told you how to play them and FlashFlush has basically outlined the fact that over time these players go busto probably daily. Dont get sucked in to playing like they do.

Other bits i could add would be, turn the chat off if it is getting to you, concentrate on the cards. Also, make a note of the player and search for him, get on the same tables as him and play him right and stack the fool over a number of weeks/months/years.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to can someone explain to me why these sort of players win like they do:
    all this guy done was trow abuse all over the table he was the worse player but kept on winning, mainly on the river, when players do this it does get in my head and i play so much worse Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance sim62 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £7.47 Vil  Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £17.98   Your hole cards 4 4       thebrick Call   £0.10 £0.25 £8.57 leon621 Raise   £0.50 £0.75 £6.43 steviejean Fold         sim62 Fold         Vil  Raise   £0.80 £1.55 £17.18 thebrick Fold         leon621 Call   £0.40 £1.95 £6.03 Flop     6 6 7       Vil  Bet   £0.40 £2.35 £16.78 leon621 Raise   £3.15 £5.50 £2.88 Vil  Call   £2.75 £8.25 £14.03 Turn     3       Vil  Check         leon621 All-in   £2.88 £11.13 £0.00 Vil  Call   £2.88 £14.01 £11.15 Vil  Show J 10       leon621 Show 4 4       River     7       Vil  Win Two Pairs, 7s and 6s £12.95   £24.10 Hi, I have amended this post to delete the offending players name as naming and shaming is in breach of the forum rules.  FYI if a player is being offensive at the tables please report them to cuatomer care. ModKiwini (Steve)
    Posted by leon621
    sky got the site proggrammed for the luckers to keep the players depositting as well as chancers who get there wins by being the river rat set up by sky
  • edited March 2011
    ^LMAO

god u all suck so bad at poker