You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

kk

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
help please how do you guys play kk after a raise say 3 times the big blind.i usually go all in but someone with a rag ace always gets the ace.thats happen to me 3 times in a row recently.i am now thinking i should fold kk after a raise unless i get in first

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Reraise to around 9/10 times then snap off any shove.

If they call your 9x rause just play the flop strong as long as no Ace hits which it isn't very likely to.
  • edited March 2011

you are massive fav against one over.. shove all in unless you have an ABSOLUTE read that they guy has aces.. I have folded kk preflop only once and not sure it was right but i knew the guy was soo tight that it had to aces or kk.. in the long run if against an unknown a shove is the most profitable play

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: kk:
    Reraise to around 9/10 times then snap off any shove. If they call your 9x rause just play the flop strong as long as no Ace hits which it isn't very likely to.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    thanks
  • edited March 2011
    you are massive fav against one over.. shove all in unless you have an ABSOLUTE read that they guy has aces.. I have folded kk preflop only once and not sure it was right but i knew the guy was soo tight that it had to aces or kk.. in the long run if against an unknown a shove is the most profitable play
    Posted by hamster880
    thanks will try that
  • edited March 2011

If you play perfectly you should still lose sometimes.

If you keep playing perfectly, you will win overall, if you play alot.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing - keep it up.
  • edited March 2011
    Reraise to around 9/10 times then snap off any shove. If they call your 9x rause just play the flop strong as long as no Ace hits which it isn't very likely to.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    This! ^^^^^^^^
  • edited March 2011
    If you play perfectly you should still lose sometimes. If you keep playing perfectly, you will win overall, if you play alot. Sounds like you're doing the right thing - keep it up.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thanks
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: kk : This! ^^^^^^^^
    Posted by DrSharp
    thanks
  • edited March 2011
    Reraise to around 9/10 times then snap off any shove. If they call your 9x rause just play the flop strong as long as no Ace hits which it isnt very likely to.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    OMFG i do hope and prey that this is a level yeah?
  • edited March 2011
    with kk,you raise ,if you get re raised your shoving,its a hand that plays itself pre
  • edited March 2011
    with kk,you raise ,if you get re raised your shoving,its a hand that plays itself pre
    Posted by thejudge10
    this
    I've lost a couple recently when the ace has hit but will still do it. more often than not you are ahead post flop