You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

profits on sports beats on poker

edited March 2011 in Area 51
post hand here if you have made some money on sky bet and then get a night of shocking beats on the poker.
everytime a make a profit on sky bet you can guarantee the same night on poker will be full of bad beats for me is anyone else experiencing this because to be quite honest ive had enough of this site the amount of beats ive had on here recently is ridiculous wether it's people who won't let go of hands or the software im undecided but it is becoming unplayable and not enjoyable so im taking a break from here ive played poker for the last eight years and started off at 888 poker and never have i experienced as many beats or seen so many dished out on the many sites ive played on every flop is either paired,flushing or straight draws with so many players connecting it's just not proper poker it is totaly action induced.
anyway post your beats here if you win on sports lets see how many of us get bad beats for daring to win.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
topkat1045 Small blind  15.00 15.00 3725.00
j3ono Big blind  30.00 45.00 1250.00
  Your hole cards

G1nger Fold     
penguin7 Fold     
tilsleys24 Raise  60.00 105.00 4130.00
dalty All-in  620.00 725.00 0.00
topkat1045 Fold     
j3ono Call  590.00 1315.00 660.00
tilsleys24 Fold     
j3ono Show
  • A

dalty Show

Flop

• K
  • Q
  • K

Turn

River

j3ono Win Two Pairs, Kings and 8s 1315.00

Comments

• edited March 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BIGSHANN Small blind  10.00 10.00 1940.00
    dalty Big blind  20.00 30.00 1940.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

loydon Call  20.00 50.00 3280.00
    neil1968 Fold     
    DEMON Call  20.00 70.00 1830.00
    DannyMcs Fold     
    BIGSHANN Fold     
    dalty Raise  80.00 150.00 1860.00
    loydon Fold     
    DEMON Call  80.00 230.00 1750.00
    Flop

dalty Bet  180.00 410.00 1680.00
    DEMON Call  180.00 590.00 1570.00
    Turn

• A

dalty Bet  440.00 1030.00 1240.00
    DEMON Call  440.00 1470.00 1130.00
    River

dalty Bet  780.00 2250.00 460.00
    DEMON Call  780.00 3030.00 350.00
    dalty Show
    • A

DEMON Show

DEMON Win Three 8s 3030.00  3380.00
  • edited March 2011

Are the hands above the worst you can post?? Seriously??

Again, absolutely standard hands......

And if you can win money on sky bet you're a step ahead of most!!!! lol Hopefully I can get some sort of win on there soon to test the theory.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: profits on sports beats on poker:
    Are the hands above the worst you can post?? Seriously?? Again, absolutely standard hands...... And if you can win money on sky bet you're a step ahead of most!!!! lol  Hop efully I can get some sort of win on there soon to test the theory.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    your correct dohhhhhhh they are fairly standard especialy the 44 but my point is when i win on there i get outdrawn all night everytime and plenty of 1,2 outers ive experienced this for a while but to be fair  could you honestly remember now days or weeks after which days you made profit on there and bad beats from back then because i can't but i do remember it keeps happening so this is a thread for people to post bad beats if theyve won on sports nothing else as ive said im taking a break from here i play about five other sites everyday which i exclusively play cash (ive tried it on here and to be honest the beats keep comming so i stick to my other sites of which i play nl 10/20 and double my buy in on before moving on to the next site or if its a bad day move on imeadiatly ive been making 40-70£ a day regularly using this method for the last 12 months and only use sky for tourneys due to the amount of short handed tables which i prefer to the standard 9-10 seaters)
    ps if you can't make profit using sky bet i would stop gambling patience is the key and being very selective just like poker mate oh and variance does strike too ive had a load lately lol.
  • edited March 2011
    Are the hands above the worst you can post?? Seriously?? Again, absolutely standard hands...... And if you can win money on sky bet you're a step ahead of most!!!! lol  Hop efully I can get some sort of win on there soon to test the theory.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    just need to ask why is it the likes of yourself and djblacke and others feel the need to post in area51 and try and kill all discusions or smart insults to the op mate just let people get on with it,it does'nt matter one bit to you what other peoples opinions of this site are and you have nothing to gain from doing it so why bother.
    some people are sheep and belive everytrhing others stand out from the crowd and want answers to everything it's that simple.
  • edited March 2011
    Well everyone knows in poker about variance and swings, short term runs of bad luck, and good luck etc etc etc.

Whenever I doubt things, my game, my moves, my bankroll management, my table selection etc etc etc, I turn to people for help/advice explanations etc etc etc.

The people I ask are people better than me, more experianced and knowledgable than me, as they ultimately know more than me.

When I see people question things such as the site being rigged/faulty or whatever, I feel obliged to comment/help/advise these people, as I am normally more experianced and knowledgable than them, and ultimately know more than them......

A random losing player could genuinely believe the site is rigged, and not realise they are playing poorly. If nobody corrects them, they'll go on believing it's fixed and totally ignore their own faults - therefore never getting any better, and probably getting worse.

They maybe just have no idea about how bad variance can be, they under-estimate it, and it's so much easier them to look for something else to blame.

It's called the attribution theroy.

It's not the main reason I comment, but it is true that these losing players that insist the site is fixed and therefore go to play elsewhere, are the kind of players I want to see in my games. So the more that stay the better for me.

Raise awareness imo.

The debate on baggs thread is different, hes a really solid winning player over time - so my posts on his thread were more out of surprise/shock than anything else.

I'm sorry if I caused offence, but you're simply barking up the wrong tree. It's also bad for your game if you play with such a suspicious mind.

• edited March 2011
    Well everyone knows in poker about variance and swings, short term runs of bad luck, and good luck etc etc etc. Whenever I doubt things, my game, my moves, my bankroll management, my table selection etc etc etc, I turn to people for help/advice explanations etc etc etc. The people I ask are people better than me, more experianced and knowledgable than me, as they ultimately know more than me. When I see people question things such as the site being rigged/faulty or whatever, I feel obliged to comment/help/advise these people, as I am normally more experianced and knowledgable than th em , and ultimately know more than th em...... A random losing player could genuinely believe the site is rigged, and not realise they are playing poorly. If nobody corrects them, they'll go on believing it's fixed and totally ignore their own faults - therefore never getting any better, and probably getting worse. They maybe just have no idea about how bad variance can be, they under-estimate it, and it's so much easier them to look for something else to blame. It's called the attribution theroy. It's not the main reason I comment, but it is true that these losing players that insist the site is fixed and therefore go to play elsewhere, are the kind of players I want to see in my games. So the more that stay the better for me. Rais e awar en ess imo. The debate on baggs thread is different, hes a really solid winning player over time - so my posts on his thread were more out of surprise/shock than anything else. I'm sorry if I caused offence, but you're simply barking up the wrong tree. It's also bad for your game if you play with such a suspicious mind.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

That's a rather arrogant assumption. You know little or nothing about any of the people who post on this forum. Their knowledge, intelligence, insight and experience are unknown factors and should be accepted as such. Underestimating people you don't know actually shows immaturity and shallow experience on your part.

Everyone has the chance to post, agree, disagree and challenge in equal part.

• edited March 2011
    Not really, it's just honest. 

The majority of area 51 posters are bad, losing players, it's just a fact.
  • edited March 2011

Dear Dalty,

i am not taking sides,but if you push all in preflop,with 44 , you aint beating much,just as some advice,you should have 3x raised,and shoved the flop...

my thoughts,and if you think hitting a 6 outer is terrible,then we play different games.....

like i keep saying,i used to be there, then i went away and did some studying,ran some maths programs to find out percentages,and so on,

if you are a winner on the betting,how exactly did you win?....was it by blind luck or do you have some knowledge about the games/horses/dogs you bet...??

obviously the better you are at something the more chance you have at winning....

also 1 point i would like to make.....

I NEVER INSULT,BERATE OR MAKE ANY DEROGATORY REMARKS ABOUT ANYONE....

AND I ONLY FEEL THE NEED TO POST WHEN I SEE THREADS THAT LEAD ME TO CONCLUDE ,THAT THEY WOULD LIKE ADVICE...

• edited March 2011
    Well everyone knows in poker about variance and swings, short term runs of bad luck, and good luck etc etc etc. Whenever I doubt things, my game, my moves, my bankroll management, my table selection etc etc etc, I turn to people for help/advice explanations etc etc etc. The people I ask are people better than me, more experianced and knowledgable than me, as they ultimately know more than me. When I see people question things such as the site being rigged/faulty or whatever, I feel obliged to comment/help/advise these people, as I am normally more experianced and knowledgable than th em , and ultimately know more than th em...... A random losing player could genuinely believe the site is rigged, and not realise they are playing poorly. If nobody corrects them, they'll go on believing it's fixed and totally ignore their own faults - therefore never getting any better, and probably getting worse. They maybe just have no idea about how bad variance can be, they under-estimate it, and it's so much easier them to look for something else to blame. It's called the attribution theroy. It's not the main reason I comment, but it is true that these losing players that insist the site is fixed and therefore go to play elsewhere, are the kind of players I want to see in my games. So the more that stay the better for me. Rais e awar en ess imo. The debate on baggs thread is different, hes a really solid winning player over time - so my posts on his thread were more out of surprise/shock than anything else. I'm sorry if I caused offence, but you're simply barking up the wrong tree. It's also bad for your game if you play with such a suspicious mind.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    mate you may be more knowledgeable than me or be a better player we will never know unless we play countless games together all i can say is that i play five other sites mainly cash as i don't have time to play 10 seater tournys with large fields as they take  so long to play which is why i like the tournys on here small fields and short handed but i turn a profit on my other sites playing 10/20 nl cash only for about an hour or so a day i have a time limit for each which works for me and makes me profit on each one and yes of course theres variance on these sites and you cant win every day but over a week a do nice enough from them to keep me happy,now moving on to this site ive experianced variance on here before of course ive been on here since its been runnning and experianced bad runs before but theres something iffy with the software at the mo or it could be the amount of novices on here also getting lucky but im taking a break off here for a little while probly not long knowing me to look at my tourny game etc as my cash game on other sites is fine maybe because you don't get so many novices on them?? so games are tighter.your comment with the hands i posted i agree with there not massive beats but i can't be bothered or remember others apart from a two outer on sunday 3rd hand after winning on sports all i wanted is for others how make profit on sports to post beats here to see if there was a pattern or if it is me adjusting my game expecting it due to past experiance.
    dj blacke i did not say you insulted people it just feels a little arrogant that you come on spouting off at people all the time that you should give them advice i understand more where your comming from though as ive read your many blogs on sharkscope and can see the amount of abuse you took for them and i salute you sir for adjusting your game and great results but it does come across like you are both cavaliers of sky poker and people do question why? which is why i asked.
    ps dohhhhhh if you want more info on where i play or question my honesty i will happily pm you and tell you and my reasons for using so many.
  • edited March 2011
    Dear Dalty, i am not taking sides,but if you push all in preflop,with 44 , you aint beating much,just as some advice,you should have 3x raised,and shoved the flop... my thoughts,and if you think hitting a 6 outer is terrible,then we play different games..... like i keep saying,i used to be there, then i went away and did some studying,ran some maths programs to find out percentages,and so on, if you are a winner on the betting,how exactly did you win?....was it by blind luck or do you have some knowledge about the games/horses/dogs you bet...?? obviously the better you are at something the more chance you have at winning.... also 1 point i would like to make..... I NEVER INSULT,BERATE OR MAKE ANY DEROGATORY REMARKS ABOUT ANYONE.... AND I ONLY FEEL THE NEED TO POST WHEN I SEE THREADS THAT LEAD ME TO CONCLUDE ,THAT THEY WOULD LIKE ADVICE...
    Posted by djblacke04
    dj as for the shove with the 44 i was shorts stacked in a bounty hunter id had 27 29 2j etc all night so i wanted to shove with it to get a heads up draw not with other stacks involved as that hand is very very weak simple as,and as you know if you only have 600 chips left in bounty if i put a good raise in everyone is calling so best way shove some other muppet will defo shove getting me hopefully one oppo,yeah i could of limped but how short do you wanna go before shoving???
  • edited March 2011
    Not really, it's just honest.  The majority of area 51 posters are bad, losing players, it's just a fact.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lol, losing players perhaps, bad players not essentially so.

As far as a profit/loss across the board goes, these two ASSUMPTIONS needent go hand in hand.

• edited March 2011
    I'm talking about the majority.

You get at least 4/5 every friday and saturday night from people who have goldfish bowls on skope.

As far as I'm concerned, the proof is in the pudding. Results cannot possibly lie over a long period of time. 

Very good players can lose by trying to beat even better players, and compete at levels where they cannot compete, and will get found out. Although they are still miles better than the lower stakes reg, their table/game selection must be appauling, thus making them bad players, imo.

Sharkscope the next 20 random A51 posters over the next couple of weekends work out a total profit/loss for them all, then tell me they aren't big losing players.

• edited March 2011

Also, the last 2 weeks for me has been horrific.

The link below is just a taster for what's been happening. Also, I took a shot at 300nl, 10x the stakes I normally play. 

I got my money in with 22 on a flop of 2 4 7 rainbow, and lost a £740 pot to 56, that got there on the river. (I know u prob saw the hand, but it's easy to forget)

So thats 13 buy ins at my normal level gone, in 1 hand, plus all the sickness in the thread below, set over set etc etc u know the drill.

Through putting in alot of volume, playing more tables, for longer, and grinding it out, I've just got myself back into profit for the fortnight, despite running well below ev in most sessions.

You need to be disciplined, set strict BR guidelines, and increase volume, to ride it out. The majority of A51 posters don't understand that.

Here's the link if u're interested.

• edited March 2011
    I'm talking about the majority. You get at least 4/5 every friday and saturday night from people who have goldfish bowls on skope. As far as I'm concerned, the proof is in the pudding. Results cannot possibly lie over a long period of time.  Very good players can lose by trying to beat even better players, and compete at levels where they cannot compete, and will get found out. Although they are still miles better than the lower stakes reg, their table/game selection must be appauling, thus making them bad players, imo. Sharkscope the next 20 random A51 posters over the next couple of weekends work out a total profit/loss for them all, then tell me they aren't big losing players.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i totaly i agree mate about the majority mate i really do but as i say i play other sites and do not like what im seeing on here at the mo wether this is because of the amount of bad players getting lucky against me or variance or something else im undecided at the mo a need to take a look at the way i play on here to perhaps i play a lot looser and more aggresive due to these factors?? i need to look but i does not change the massive amount of  action flops on here mo which you just do not see as regulalry on other sites yeah you get runs but not like this.do you play any other sites dohhhhhhh on different networks etc
  • edited March 2011

I've got accounts all over the place.

The site I played 99% of my poker on before WillHill.......I would imagine my record there would be quite impressive, had 3x $1k tourny scores.......

The big 2 sites I play also, but v rarely, and often deposit when I want to play a huge tourny, which I inevitably end up busting early on.

Strangely i skoped myself on both of those sites this morning and was -$50/60 on both over 230ish games.

I'd never play cash on the big sites as the players are so much better than on sky, that doesn't mean they're v good neccesserily, but it would just be daft to play tables with 1/2 fish on, when theres 3/4 on your average mid stakes tables on sky (20-50nl)

(I should never say never really sky could be just as tough 1 day, and then I'd obv go for the best rb/bonus deal, so could find myself grinding on another site. Would deffo have to buy some software though, to compete on a level playing field, as I'm pretty sure most regs on there will be using it)

• edited March 2011
    I've got accounts all over the place. The site I played 99% of my poker on before WillHill.......I would imagine my record there would be quite impressive, had 3x $1k tourny scores....... The big 2 sites I play also, but v rarely, and often deposit when I want to play a huge tourny, which I inevitably end up busting early on. Strangely i skoped myself on both of those sites this morning and was -$50/60 on both over 230ish games. I'd never play cash on the big sites as the players are so much better than on sky, that doesn't mean they're v good neccesserily, but it would just be daft to play tables with 1/2 fish on, when theres 3/4 on your average mid stakes tables on sky (20-50nl) (I should never say never really sky could be just as tough 1 day, and then I'd obv go for the best rb/bonus deal, so could find myself grinding on another site. Would deffo have to buy some software though, to compete on a level playing field, as I'm pretty sure most regs on there will be using it)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol just downloading hills as i type this i have not tired it yet so im going to give it a go for a lil while and see how it plays out,you obviously have found sky as your favorite site and enjoy i have another one myself where i do particularly well on which most people hate PKR loads of fish on there and very soft on cash games which is why i can't get my head around why i can not make dollar+ on here and will not touch cash anymore.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: profits on sports beats on poker : lol just downloading hills as i type this i have not tired it yet so im going to give it a go for a lil while and see how it plays out,you obviously have found sky as your favorite site and enjoy i have another one myself where i do particularly well on which most people hate PKR loads of fish on there and very soft on cash games which is why i can't get my head around why i can not make dollar+ on here and will not touch cash anymore.
    Posted by dalty
    forget the hills download its on the same network as p addy p ower so ive tried stan james which is on the same as l adbrokes plays a nice game.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm talking about the majority. You get at least 4/5 every friday and saturday night from people who have goldfish bowls on skope. As far as I'm concerned, the proof is in the pudding. Results cannot possibly lie over a long period of time.  Very good players can lose by trying to beat even better players, and compete at levels where they cannot compete, and will get found out. Although they are still miles better than the lower stakes reg, their table/game selection must be appauling, thus making them bad players, imo. Sharkscope the next 20 random A51 posters over the next couple of weekends work out a total profit/loss for them all, then tell me they aren't big losing players.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Really? Thats not what you said the other day. If I recall you stated I just ran hot for 4800 games, at least be consistent? Im not sure why you feel the need to belittle people who dont share your views but its not particularly pleasant

He thinks the sites RNG isnt random or hes just letting off steam, either way you dont ned to jump all over his post.
  • edited March 2011

I referred to you as a winning player umpteen times in your thread.

My point was, that to be a winning player on here, you don't need to be as good as I first thought.

And you are an example.

So is everyone really.

It's all relative.

A combination of your stats + your attitude definitely help to keep my feet on the ground.

• edited March 2011
    I referred to you as a winning player umpteen times in your thread. My point was, that to be a winning player on here, you don't need to be as good as I first thought. And you are an example. So is everyone really. It's all relative. A combination of your stats + your attitude definitely help to keep my feet on the ground.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you have no idea what standard I am. You come across as very arrogant and a bit of a bully tbh. If you were a 1/4 as good as you think you are you would be very rich
  • edited March 2011

can i just say, i am surprised by the prolific amount of posts from winning sports betting players....:)

there is just so many.....

sometimes you have to realize ,you make a connection,when you need an excuse...

• edited March 2011
    can i just say, i am surprised by the prolific amount of posts from winning sports betting players....:) there is just so many..... sometimes you have to realize ,you make a connection,when you need an excuse...
    Posted by djblacke04
    lmao perhaps no one wins on sports except me so i will have to post on punters corner now and be condesending to everyone who know nowt about sports and you have one hell of a short memory too mate with the blogs you put on sharkscope and to be fair some of your play situations questions get slated and rightly so because the answer is obvious to the masses.
  • edited March 2011

i know i m not perfect,and honestly i am trying to help,i make mistakes like any other human....

but ive realized that maybe i am to blame for some of the bad beats i took...

it dawned on me... the best players in the world win,and the worst players lose...

ratio of good to bad 1-100 or more....

good luck with the sports betting,like i said,i have no idea about it...

• edited March 2011
    i know i m not perfect,and honestly i am trying to help,i make mistakes like any other human.... but ive realized that maybe i am to blame for some of the bad beats i took... it dawned on me... the best players in the world win,and the worst players lose... ratio of good to bad 1-100 or more.... good luck with the sports betting,like i said,i have no idea about it...
    Posted by djblacke04
    glad to hear it mate nobody is perfect neither can you play a perfect game everytime and there is never any black and white answers for all situations as it would take a novel to explain some decisions on plays so people never get enough info on situations only what they see but it's never the full story as you have countless more info about the villan and your mindset at that time too.anyway as ive said i play other sites and do feel the beats on here are shocking but maybe it is down to the poorer standard of play on here or looser players time will tell i guess.good luck at the tables.