You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread*****

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Here's the runners and riders so far in Sky Poker's monthly elite game...

yoyo4000  wrongjohn14000  winner56034000  shawsok4000  ryan834000  rainman0014000  pumpkin234000  cummins4000  boby544000  andrew19474000  _4JACKS4000  TommyD4000  THETANK4000  Lisa_Marie4000  EBBERDON4000  Direwolf4000  12674000

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Hi all,Firstly- can I say how much everyone here at Sky Poker appreciates all the messages of support we’ve received from you telling us how much you’re enjoying our recent shows with special poker guests.It’s given the channel a new lease of life and has clearly moved it on from beginner status to the next level. James Keys, Sam Trickett, Neil Channing etc- they’ve all been excellent and Carlo Citrone the other night was a revelation.  He demonstrated a deep understanding of the game from years of experience and had a superb way of putting his point across.We’re on a roll now and we were due to have ANOTHER guest-show this Thursday with WSOP bracelet winner James Dempsey. Alas though, he’s had to pull out this time!(I’m reliably informed though that he will be back at a later date- so watch this space)But the show must go on! And what a show it is- it’s the £220 Sky Sports Doublestack. An exclusive 60 runner event, with wall-to-wall quality players contesting it.Taking you through all the action will be Tikay... 

and, fresh back from Vegas, Mr. Hartigan...

Who will come out on top out of those two? No contest…just watch this video, which just gets funnier the more you see it…Tikay and Hartigan have a fight
    Meanwhile, playing in the tournament itself is none other than EPT winner Julian Thew aka Yoyo!

...and the AJ merchant herself- LML!

The broadcast starts at 8 along with the tournament and runs till midnight. So make sure you’re watching this Thursday night on Channel 865!
    I'm sure James will be along here in due course to add his own take on proceedings and invite you to post comments on a topic of his choosing. In the meantime though, the thread is here to start posting on! Fill ya boots!:)
  • edited March 2011

I look like some kind of serial flasher, or perv, in that photo.

Marv.
  • edited March 2011

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

xxxLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLxxx

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    P.S. Is LML a phone guest or in the studio...
    P.P.S. Good luck Thewy
    xx

• edited March 2011
    LML! Hooray!

It sounds like another great show to look forward to, I'll be watching on Sky+ tomorrow.
  • edited March 2011
    Always enjoy watching the deepstack. Plenty of play in these better structured tournies.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread*****:
    W IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII xxx L M L M L M L M L M L M L M L M L M L xxx W IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII P.S. Is LML a phone guest or in the studio... P.P.S. Good luck Thewy xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    LML will be playing online and we hope to get her on the phone during the night
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread*****:
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread***** : LML will be playing online and we hope to get her on the phone during the night
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    CLAIRRRREEEEEEEE, Welcome back, hope you are feeling much better, hope our m0u5e is too.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread*****:

Carlo Citrone the other night was a revelation.  He demonstrated a deep understanding of the game from years of experience and had a superb way of putting his point across.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I actually have a man crush now after that show <3
  • edited March 2011
    I think there should be a last longer between Lisa-Marie and Julian... with forfeit.

:-)
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Rich
    With a bit (Maybe a LOT) of luck, you may be able to add my name to that list. I'm in the Semi-Final on Wednesday and will be doing my very best to make it to the party.

If not I can always watch.

Have a great show, hope to see you there.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Rich With a bit (Maybe a LOT) of luck, you may be able to add my name to that list. I'm in the Semi-Final on Wednesday and will be doing my very best to make it to the party. If not I can always watch. Have a great show, hope to see you there.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    That's great news Trev. Best of luck in that, mate. A £220 seat on a televised 60 runner tournamnent full of A-Class players is not to be sniffed at!

I'm not hosting the show, but I may drop by during the nightto say hello on the tables.
  • edited March 2011
    I look like some kind of serial flasher, or perv, in that photo. Marv.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ...if the cap (or should that be mac?) fits...
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread***** : I actually have a man crush now after that show <3
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Fair play Charles. I felt a faint stirring of bromance myself...
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread***** : That's great news Trev. Best of luck in that, mate. A £220 seat on a televised 60 runner tournamnent full of A-Class players is not to be sniffed at! I'm not hosting the show, but I may drop by during the nightto say hello on the tables.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    As your not hosting, get registered for this tournament..........this list of Z-class players wold be no match for your skills...............i confidently predict a victory for you (ps it would also possibly maybe perhaps destroy 1 of my threads for Friday!!!!)
  • edited March 2011
    Good luck thurs Rich should be great as usual!! Am in Amsterdam this week-end so Hit-Wife has said only ONE tournament tween now & nex week LOL, So this may as well be it....

"An exclusive 60 runner event, with wall-to-wall quality players contesting it.  !!"

...May as well put a bit of value in too LOL!! Hitpup is in for 50%, rest hopefully made up from a tin on the Bar in Al's place !! GL all, esp LML, & Julian tho i do owe him a bink from Luton fri b4 SPT !!
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Rich With a bit (Maybe a LOT) of luck, you may be able to add my name to that list. I'm in the Semi-Final on Wednesday and will be doing my very best to make it to the party. If not I can always watch. Have a great show, hope to see you there.
    Posted by POKERTREV
     Good luck Trev.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread***** : CLAIRRRREEEEEEEE, Welcome back, hope you are feeling much better, hope our m0u5e is too.
    Posted by acebarry10
    I am fine it was the lovely Mandy who was off sick. She is much better and back at work :)
  • edited March 2011
    Now 20 on the starting grid...

yoyo4000  wrongjohn14000  winner56034000  shawsok4000  ryan834000  rainman0014000  pumpkin234000  phil12uk4000  cummins4000  boby544000  andrew19474000  _4JACKS4000  TommyD4000  THETANK4000  Lisa_Marie4000  JAEGERBOMB4000  HITMAN_RV4000  EBBERDON4000  Direwolf4000  12674000

• edited March 2011
    Thanks, Rich.

Yes, I'm back from Vegas - which means the epic "Orfordathon" on channel 865 can finally end :)

By the way, thank you to everyone who railed me on Twitter as I crashed and burned in The Venetian's daily donkaments.  Talking of Twitter, tonight sees the return of...

MASTERS OF THE TWITTERVERSE!

And this time YOU get the chance to play - and potentially win yourself free entry into the Team Sky Poker Classic.

The game involves trying to identify famous poker players from their tweets.  So, if you're an avid follower of the biggest names in the game, or feel like making some lucky guesses, why not give it a go?  We're looking for three contestants.  Just post in this forum thread: "I'd like to play Masters of the Twitterverse!" and you could be hearing from Sky_Mandy later today and appearing (on the phone) on tonight's live show.

• edited March 2011

Meanwhile, 33 hopefuls have already booked their seats.

alter024000
    andrew19474000
    BobaFett114000
    boby544000
    cummins4000
    DAIBOOT4000
    Direwolf4000
    DrMarbles4000
    EBBERDON4000
    HITMAN_RV4000
    HUGHMANS4000
    hurst054000
    JAEGERBOMB4000
    Lisa_Marie4000
    MP334000
    Nutter59324000
    peg14000
    phil12uk4000
    pumpkin234000
    rainman0014000
    ryan834000
    sara36dd084000
    scotty774000
    shawsok4000
    SoLack4000
    THETANK4000
    TommyD4000
    welp4000
    winner56034000
    wrongjohn14000
    yoyo4000
    _4JACKS4000
  • edited March 2011
    Looking forward to it already

Satelited in from 2 quid

Ps  Any luck with the TSP STT yet Tikay?

MP

edit - got this hand -1st hand of the game Hand History #357320026

Ps I think i,m in with a chane - got whacko90 to my right and glitterbabe to my left
  • edited March 2011
    Please note that is:MASTERS, not MARSTERS ;)

• edited March 2011
    good luck with the show guys.......gotta admit i see the field and it fills me with fear.........probably 1 of the strongest fields ever assembled.

Hope to be around late this evening but prob railing from 9pm :(
  • edited March 2011
    Probably the best field I can remember for this.
    Plenty of lower stakes forum regs have qualified one way or another.
    My predeiciton for a top 4, obviously influenced by who I'd like to see do well, but are well capable also....
    Wacko90The HitmanRVBobafett1LML 
    1,2,3,4, u watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)
    GL all.
  • edited March 2011

show this for history bluffing workd people

UL Mr DaiBoot :(  GL
  • edited March 2011
    omfg why did i double up yoyo table move plz
  • edited March 2011
    haveing no cards and playing what i get bad,not worth showing yet lol
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live with James, Tikay, Julian Thew and LML****official show thread***** : LML will be playing online and we hope to get her on the phone during the night
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Thanks Claire!!!!

Excellent to have LML on the phone...can't wait for her to return to 865 in May!!!

GO LML, Show Thewy and the other boys how it done ;o))

xx
  • edited March 2011
    Hi to all the sky poker presenters,
    so glad that the doublestack is finally on again
    hope the runners do well i forgot to enter, blimey
    i am happy to say that my 2 favourite presenters are TIKAY AND LML, TIKAY I AM ALWAYS ON YOUR TKO SIDE AND JUST SEEN THE VIDEO OF YOU BEATING JAMES IN A FIGHT. SHAME ON YOU JAMES, SHOW IT ON THE SHOW TO GET JAMES ANNOYED AND HAPPY TO PLAY YOU SOON
  • edited March 2011
    uggh.   Played as weak as a vegan arm-wrestler tonight and had a spectacular exit.

Standard.

Good luck all