You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Any Grand National "good things"!!!!

edited April 2011 in Betting Chat
I've backed The Midnight Club at 25/1(£5ew), after it came 4th in the Kerry national(i think that was the race) where i thought it was unlucky not to do better. What are your bets for the race? I will still back what ever nag i get in the pub sweepstake for a few £ and may also back something else on the day,Dave.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I backed a horse @ 150/1 4 weeks ago, was told it was deffo gonig to run, it was deffo prepared for this race and was deffo going to get backed in, right now 4 bookies still have it at 150/1 so wont even waste my time naming it
  • edited March 2011
    i have had a few pound ew on one cool cookie,fell twice in cross country races,early this season ran 3rd in the beecher chase over the national fences staying on over 3m 1f looks worth a sneaky ew at 40s
  • edited April 2011
    If Calgary Bay takes to the fences he will go close also Big Fella Thanks is my main fancy
  • edited April 2011
    d.welds horse at a big price e/w.gl .del
  • edited April 2011
    junior won as well as anything at cheltenham, currently 20-1, i think that's fair value, reckon it'll start nearer 12's.. gl to all between that and the masters it makes for a great betting weekend..
  • edited April 2011
    I won a free £5 bet via sky and thinking of backing a horse, any sure things to get a place?
    Im thinking 'Junior' ive watched him over the last few months and has looked very consistant, not the best jumper mind so he might struggle, no idea who to put my money on, any ideas?
  • edited April 2011

word of caution  for junior backers, he's currently 68 on the list and has next to no chance of getting in, needs half of field to pull out!! he'll certainly be worth a punt though @ sandown later in month if lining up there.

the nationals still a complete minefield for me at the mo, wide open as always, bigger prices which tickle my fancy are chief dan george and one cool cookie, both available around the 40's mark, though my main fancy probs ballabriggs

• edited April 2011
    add character building to the 'outsiders' list also!!! : )
  • edited April 2011
    should have posted this all together, brain dead at this time of morning (though some may argue im brain dead full stop) anyhoo, if running in the topham chase @ aintree on the friday, ballyholland must hold a big chance, took to the fences last year but did'nt see out the trip so this be more up his street. frankie figg is another worthy of mention, although the latter could still be involved in the national itself
  • edited April 2011
    i have my show horses on a racing yard  mulligans pride is down to run at easter and should be a good ew bet at cartmel
  • edited April 2011
    Vic Venturi 33/1 is my only bet in the race will be backing it every day till the race
  • edited April 2011
    forget one cool cookie its dead
  • edited April 2011
    yeah read sadly he was put down over weekend after fatal leg injury.

topham chase prices on oddschecker, ballyholland 20/1 best price and frankie figg 10/1

will be backing frankie win only as saver, big e/w on ballyholland i've been waiting to back him since last years national, trained about 20 miles up the road from me, ate the fences up but trip stretched his stamina too far, trip ideal and big fence experience, galway plate winner also, if running from a more well known yard would surely be half the price, doubt he'll go off @ 20's more like 8's or 9's

if frankie figg's jumping holds up (IF) he could prove very hard to pass, holds strong course form
  • edited April 2011
    I have just done my grand national bet:

Oscar Time 11/1
    Ballabrigs     14/1

£2.50 e/w on each
  • edited April 2011

Only have a few bets running for me now after withdrawals:

State of Play
    In Compliance
    Tidal Bay

• edited April 2011
    ballabriggs coz its trained down the road and because i couldnt see