You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bum hunting sngs!!??? Or just common sense???

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

Was having a "debate" the other day with a winning HU sng player on sky, who's got a rly good record on skope.

We had a disagreement, and somehow got on to the subject of game/table selection.

I said that the first time I play a HU sng against someone I skope them, and make a note.

Win or lose, if their stats are impressive, I wont play them again, instead I will look in the lobby for a game with a losing player. Having got mental notes on the majority of players, I know the 4/5 players at my level that I'd rather avoid.

I don't think theres much point playing a fellow winning player, when there are tonnes of losing players available to play at most times throughout the day.

So I told this guy, that I thought the key to my success was pretty much game selection.

He insisted he would play anyone, which is kool, but seemed to disagree with my theory of playing weaker players as much as possible, and accused me of bum hunting. lol

Coming from a cash background, where table selection is V important, I just assumed it would be the same in HU sngs.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this???

Is it possible to "bum hunt" HU sngs??????

Comments

• edited March 2011
    The only people that moan about this are the people who say they will play anybody.

If you want to make money then it makes sense to be careful in who you select to play against.

Having said that, if you can afford it, I think you can learn alot by playing somebody who is at a higher level every now and then.

• edited March 2011
    Just looked 'Bum Hunt' up in the dictionary but its not there !!

Does it mean the same has an 'Uphill Gardener' :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Bum hunting sngs!!??? Or just common sense???:
    Just looked 'Bum Hunt' up in the dictionary but its not there !! Does it mean the same has an 'Uphill Gardener' :)
    Posted by goodylad21

I just googled it and got some very disturbing images

ChirpyChip is the only man that can answer this imo

• edited March 2011

HU sng is abit different.

More of a quick bum hunt, no strings attatched, with an option to re-bum hunt at the end, rather than a long term commitment to continually bum hunt over a period of time.

In poker terms, I guess if I was out of order people wud be quick enough to tell me so.

I'll sleep ok tonight now.
  • edited March 2011
    it means u wiil only play the weak palyers  and table selection  is everything
  • edited March 2011
    You get better when you play better players.

pros and cons and all that.
  • edited March 2011
    you do get better when you play better players, but who cares about that if you are winning consistantly
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Bum hunting sngs!!??? Or just common sense???:
    Was having a "debate" the other day with a winning HU sng player on sky, who's got a rly good record on skope. We had a disagreement, and somehow got on to the subject of game/table selection. I said that the first time I play a HU sng against someone I skope them, and make a note. Win or lose, if their stats are impressive, I wont play them again, instead I will look in the lobby for a game with a losing player. Having got mental notes on the majority of players, I know the 4/5 players at my level that I'd rather avoid. I don't think theres much point playing a fellow winning player, when there are tonnes of losing players available to play at most times throughout the day. So I told this guy, that I thought the key to my success was pretty much game selection. He insisted he would play anyone, which is kool, but seemed to disagree with my theory of playing weaker players as much as possible, and accused me of bum hunting. lol Coming from a cash background, where table selection is V important, I just assumed it would be the same in HU sngs. Has anyone got any thoughts on this??? Is it possible to "bum hunt" HU sngs??????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Spot on dohhhhh, you want to find the players with negative roi, they have these stats for a reason ie they lose in the long run.