You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sigh.....does sky ever accept responsiblity?

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
I was playing in a bh sat the other day when after about 45 mins our table started to run slow.

so slow infact that we never got cards for 30 seconds then our options to bet either took about 20 seconds or timed us out.

after 5 mins of this we started to comment on the problem so i pulled up some of the other tables and watched and they were alright.

i asked a couple of tables if they had any problems but they said they had not.

i then went on to live chat and after about 5 mins got in touch.
the oparator told me to wait untill the game finished and then report it.
(so whats the point of live chat?).

the table got back to normal after 20 mins of running slow and i was the only one of the original 6 left, i was left with well below average stack and got jj so pushed v 22 and he hit his two(sigh another bad beat story)

anyway after a few emails back and forth i got this reply
Hi Dave
Thanks for your email.
The slows downs on the Poker site should now be resolved. As all players were experiencing the same problems and no player was seen to be losing chips the decision was made not to reimburse any buy ins.
Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,
Jen
 now this was a low buyin sat (£4.80) but my point is i knew before i  emailed what the response would be.

just wondered how mant people have experienced the same situation.
because i know it was not all the players and it did effect the chip stacks and the outcome with some players calling all in with nothing just to either double up or get out of such a frustrating game......

cheers,dave

Comments

• edited April 2011
    keep at them.  you'll get your BI back.  whenever I've taken this line, it always takes a couple of emails before they do refund me.

i too experienced the slow tables a few days ago, however it didn't actually affect my play too much only meants that hands took a couple of seconds more.
  • edited April 2011
    not sure this is any way unusual

when dealing with any corporate entity there is always a reluctance to re-imburse.

Maybe seen from their perspective they have to be seen as fair so if they re-imbursed you straight away everyone will/could claim for any & every slight grievance - wont be in business long with this approach i'll wager.
  • edited April 2011
    Had a similar situation in a £55 DYM the other night. OK, it was the same for us all, but we were managing 2 hands per level. You can't play a £55 buy-in with what was effectively a 1 minute clock. I got on live chat and was told there would be no reimbursements. As it happens I snook through, so didn't have cause to ask for my BI returning. However, treat your customers shoddily, and they'll fins a place that doesn't.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sigh.....does sky ever accept responsiblity?:
    Had a similar situation in a £55 DYM the other night. OK, it was the same for us all, but we were managing 2 hands per level. You can't play a £55 buy-in with what was effectively a 1 minute clock. I got on live chat and was told there would be no reimbursements. As it happens I snook through, so didn't have cause to ask for my BI returning. However, treat your customers shoddily, and they'll fins a place that doesn't.
    Posted by Eyeman
    heh heh,and heres me moaning about £4.80!
    but it wasnt about the money it was that i wanted a game of poker then couldnt play for 20 mins and was forced to just shove when it returned to normal.
    if im honest i knew what there response would be and i think thats why i am peed off because i wasted my time on it...