You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Surely not a calling station???

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Played two very odd hands against two very familier cash players this afternoon. 

5 players sat £3/6 with $1ante, (home game).  Buy in £250 min £1000 max.

I was the only one who bought in for less than the max, i started with £600.

I know the players very well.

Played for around three hours and last nights form continued.  Managed to come back to even then.

UTG limps as does +1 button folds, SB makes up the blind I check with Q8o

Flop comes AK6r, checks round.  Turn comes 7, checks round.  River comes 6.  No flush draw out. 

I check, UTG checks, UTG +1 bets £22 into £32.  SM folds, UTG limper folds out  of turn, just leaving it to me with no action behind.  I cant put him on an A, K, 6 or PP.  He may be betting a 7 at best.  I decide to call with Q high, he announces J high and mucks.  Felt like he'd bet a 10J, 10Q type hand there, given that I know he wont check back again for the third time there. 

Few hands later I make it £25 to go with a couple of limpers with AKs.on the button.  Board comes very dry

267Q2. No made flush.  Opponent bets turn after I check back flop, I elect to call.  Turn is checked.He asks me how much I have on the river, then bets BIG.  I've seen this guy do this a lot and just decide if he hit the Q fair play, if not I'm going to call and make him show his hand, but seriously contemplated raising him for a very long time.

He forces his hand into the muck, gets up has a good rant about me being a calling station!! lol

Given the knowledge of these players I think they are exceptionally good calls, are they really that bad??

I did have a secondary reason to call though, i knew catching them would put a little steam into them + it would really help me get a sense of their paricular mood in that session.