You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Th... Th...Th...That's all folks........

edited April 2011 in Area 51
In Response to That's all folks........:
I recently won the Daily Mail Crossword competition. I enjoy doing cryptic crosswords and I've become rather good at them. With all the doubts surrounding Poker I have decided to retire from poker as of today and try to become the first Cryptic Crossword Professional. I can usually manage 3 a day but if I devote all my time I am confident that I can manage 6 a day. I will come back and post here occasionally to let you all know how I fare. GL all. Elsadog
Posted by elsadog
GL with your new venture but b4 you go...........here's one for to get your teeth into :-

'Wise as he is but young he isn't is sure to spell a mix of mischief'      ( ---  ----).

That's 3 & 4 letters and I just made that clue up.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I recently won the Daily Mail Cryptic Crossword competition. I enjoy doing cryptic crosswords and I've become rather good at them. With all the doubts surrounding Poker I have decided to retire from poker as of today, and try to become the first Cryptic Crossword Professional in Britain. I can usually manage 3 a day but if I devote all my time I am confident that I can manage 6 a day. I will come back and post here occasionally to let you all know how I fare.

GL all.

Elsadog
  • edited April 2011
    N1 Elsa have a good April fools day. With your form recently you would be mad to give it all up now. Run better.
    Ray
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to That's all folks........:
    I recently won the Daily Mail Crossword competition. I enjoy doing cryptic crosswords and I've become rather good at them. With all the doubts surrounding Poker I have decided to retire from poker as of today and try to become the first Cryptic Crossword Professional. I can usually manage 3 a day but if I devote all my time I am confident that I can manage 6 a day. I will come back and post here occasionally to let you all know how I fare. GL all. Elsadog
    Posted by elsadog
    I hope you take the same principles of bankroll management over to your crossword career, otherwise you'll be crushed!
  • edited April 2011
    you got to be able to do at least 12 at one time or you just aint a true degen lol
  • edited April 2011
    Bankroll management will be vital. I estimate £3 per day entry costs plus postage (2nd class) will be sufficient to start me off. If I start multi-puzzling I may have to invest in a franking machine for postage and a state of the art filing system. I will of course be buying all my pens in bulk at discounted prices. I also have plans to instal a newspaper recycling bin in the garden so that I can recoup some costs - think of it as rake-back. 

My wife is fully behind me in this venture and has already made plans to give up her work so that she can act as my secretary/filing assistant. Having tasted success with my £20 win from the Daily Mail I am confident I can do this. 

Wish me luck :o)

ps. I think the answer IS old sage (anagram of elsadog) so Lucy, well done. When I get into a position to take on apprentices you will be first on my list ;o)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: That's all folks........:

Wd lucy & elsa......... u have both won a free trip to Area51.....and whats more .....you don't ever have to leave if you both love it there that much...........:)- 
  • edited April 2011
    Hubby won a Weekend Golfing Holiday in Spain for him and his three mates. I got a call from Airport Security to say the lockers in departures had been broken into and items stolen but his golf clubs were safe and he could collect them on his return from Amsterdam. 
  • edited April 2011
    Hubby won a Weekend Golfing Holiday in Spain for him and his three mates. I got a call from Airport Security to say the lockers in departures had been broken into and items stolen but his golf clubs were safe and he could collect them on his return from Amsterdam. 
    Posted by logdon[/QUOTE

''OUCH!''
  • edited April 2011
    Hubby won a Weekend Golfing Holiday in Spain for him and his three mates. I got a call from Airport Security to say the lockers in departures had been broken into and items stolen but his golf clubs were safe and he could collect them on his return from Amsterdam
    Posted by logdon
    Us men got no sense of direction whatsoever..........I bet he's having a rotten time of it,..........so go easy on the poor soul....:)
    I wonder if they're bored stiff, ahemmm........without their clubs to play with,.....mind you, I believe there are plenty of clubs you can try over in Amsterdam.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: That's all folks........ : Us men got no sense of direction whatsoever..........I bet he's having a rotten time of it,..........so go easy on the poor soul....:)
    Posted by billyboots

I agree ............. Look on the bright side - if he hasn't been able to play golf at least he'll come back with all his balls.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: That's all folks........ : I agree ............. Look on the bright side - if he hasn't been able to play golf at least he'll come back with all his balls.
    Posted by elsadog
    AHaHAHa................i luv you Elsa

In a manly sort of way that is !
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: That's all folks........ : I agree ............. Look on the bright side - if he hasn't been able to play golf at least he'll come back with all his balls.
    Posted by elsadog
    And these clubs are v.popular with the golfers and do you Know why ?

They always come back with a handicap..........and usually scratch !

(but there's some vg creams for it nowadays) 
  • edited April 2011
    I have been multi tabling on the Mail and Telegraph for a while now. Neither have an Area 51 though and I do believe that the "random" draw for the lucky winner is fixed.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Th... Th...Th...That's all folks........:
    I have been multi tabling on the Mail and Telegraph for a while now. Neither have an Area 51 though and I do believe that the "random" draw for the lucky winner is fixed.
    Posted by penguin7

This is just not true. The hat is regularly tested and certified.