You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A strange way of making a profit - Thoughts?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hey guys

While playing the D/S last night I was playing a NLHE $1/$2 Cash game on another site (you see them in the sky at night, well, unless you live in London).

I was playing a villain who I've played a lot, loads in fact.  I know the guy inside out.  He's a weird fish.  Detailed notes on him, basically he's an ego merchant.  He can't play the game really but it all depends on his start.  If he busts his original buy in early he disappears but if he has an early good run he'll keep reloading after his first bust out believing he's better than the table IMO and trying to get the profit back.

It's about the sixth or seventh hand in and long story short, I flop a flush draw and turn a royal.  WOOHOO!  I thought. We get 90% of the stacks in (I had him covered by just under $100).  Then I read the notes I have on him again, as detailed above.  He shoves the river for $20 odd and I decide for some reason it's more profitable to fold.  Obviously I have the nuts but I think it's really +ev to give him some confidence, get him a near double up and keep him at the table long term to spew 9 or 10 buy ins as he has a history of doing this.

Thoughts on this 5th level thinking?  Can you fold a royal flush here looking at long term EV rather than the one hand?

Comments