You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Greghogg, NL20, Lay down overpair on flop

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok Greghogg said if I post this hand he will reveal what he had. He wants to know what Sully had and said to me in chat that his own play was bad and that I wouldn't believe what he had. I said I hope it was 8-9, 10-9, or J-10dd, he said no. So now I'm thinking QQ and you regret losing value Greg? Or maybe some mad bluff which seems a bit crazy, even for you (lol).

Anyway, the hand has some value on it's own I guess, but I think it's a standard laydown, right? Sully has been calling in position with big As and after he raises the flop with Greg behind I definately think  AQ makes up the majority of his range. When Greg 4b shoves the flop I think I make the right laydown, yeah?

Cheers guys...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceDOHHHHHHHBig blind £0.20£0.20£20.88 Your hole cardsKK   arthur1965Call £0.20£0.40£30.30JohnConnorRaise £0.80£1.20£22.91sully919Call £0.80£2.00£20.05GREGHOGGCall £0.80£2.80£18.93DOHHHHHHHFold    arthur1965Fold    Flop  9Q9   JohnConnorBet £1.80£4.60£21.11sully919Raise £3.60£8.20£16.45GREGHOGGAll-in £18.93£27.13£0.00JohnConnorFold    sully919Fold    GREGHOGGMuck    GREGHOGGWin £11.21 £11.21GREGHOGGReturn £15.33£0.59£26.54

Comments

• edited April 2011

Cheers JC

I will wait for other people's opinions before revelaing what i had and why i made the comments i did.

But i will reveal that I genuinley had you on AA/KK/AQ, and also that i knew you were capable of folding those hands in that spot.

I wasnt certain about Sully's range tbh, but i think it would have included AQ/KQ and possibly 9X hands... He isnt bluffing i think he is "seeing where he is" lol

I will also add that i think i played the hand badly. But i am a harsh critic on myself.

• edited April 2011
    Yh I have a lot of trouble calling here, the minraise on the flop from sully is suspicous but then for Gregg to shove all in after so much action it looks like a random 9 to me that doesn't want to see a turn and reckons they can get called by AQ/KK/AA.

I really doubt he has QQ as that shove would be scary bad.
  • edited April 2011
    We can rule out AA KK and QQ as Greg would 3-bet pre because he wouldn't want to go three way to a flop with these hands.

TdJd is the most likely holding here, although he has been known to go crazy with J3o (which he sees as the nutz).
  • edited April 2011
    Get it in and give him another stack.

If Greg has QQ or a 9x hand, I think his shove is bad on that board.

He's making it easy for hands like KK/AA to get away.

Flat the flop, give JC the opportunity to make a mistake when action gets back to him, and if not, it's easy to get it in on the turn/river anyway.

But I was like 60 quid down at 20nl last night. I find it hard there, it's easier to read players higher up ;););)

Holding J7 against 22 on a J 7 2 flop doesn't help either :(

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: FAO Greghogg, NL20, Lay down overpair on flop:
    Get it in and give him another stack. If Greg has QQ or a 9x hand, I think his shove is bad on that board. He's making it easy for hands like KK/AA to get away. Flat the flop, give JC the opportunity to make a mistake when action gets back to him, and if not, it's easy to get it in on the turn/river anyway. But I was like 60 quid down at 20nl last night. I find it hard there, it's easier to read players higher up ;););) Holding J7 against 22 on a J 7 2 flop doesn't help either :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ok the reason why i shoved was because i thought that at least sully would look me up, so i was shoving for value. I had no real reads but i think i was
    confusing this table with the others i was playing as they were loose!
    Anyhow, i must learn the subtlety of cash and not just jammin it in like a lemon. Its not often you flop trips, and basically they need a 9 to call me if they are half decent. So it was a terrible shove cos i lost out on valooo. lesson learnt...

Nice fold JC, you were close in your guesses btw:)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceDOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.20 £0.20 £20.88   Your hole cards 9 7       arthur1965 Call  £0.20 £0.40 £30.30 JohnConnor Raise  £0.80 £1.20 £22.91 sully919 Call  £0.80 £2.00 £20.05 GREGHOGG Call  £0.80 £2.80 £18.93 DOHHHHHHH Fold     arthur1965 Fold     Flop    9 Q 9       JohnConnor Bet  £1.80 £4.60 £21.11 sully919 Raise  £3.60 £8.20 £16.45 GREGHOGG All-in  £18.93 £27.13 £0.00 JohnConnor Fold     sully919 Fold     GREGHOGG Muck     GREGHOGG Win  £11.21  £11.21 GREGHOGG Return  £15.33 £0.59 £26.54
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: FAO Greghogg, NL20, Lay down overpair on flop:
    Yh I have a lot of trouble calling here, the minraise on the flop from sully is suspicous but then for Gregg to shove all in after so much action it looks like a random 9 to me that doesn't want to see a turn and reckons they can get called by AQ/KK/AA. I really doubt he has QQ as that shove would be scary bad.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    spot on sir, wd