You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When Do You Withdraw?

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
No, I haven't got the wrong forum up, and "busty mammas" isn't open in another window.

When do people generally withdraw cash from their accounts? I will always withdraw after a decent tournament result, but recently I've had more of a slow-build. Allowing for the fact that once it's withdrawn it becomes "house finances", would people leave it knocking around in their Sky accounts? I'm sure this is 100% dependent on your bank-roll / playing levels. I generally play MTTs and DYMs in the 20 -30 level (maybe higher in the DYMs).

The problem is, that the more I have in my account, the more likely I am to fritter it away. We're not talking mega-bucks here, but my account has topped £500, and I'm thinking that's time.

Thoughts?

P.S. I did oreder a TV for £320 this week without getting permission of the accountant - maybe this could sort that out. :-)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Withdrawing = doom switch on

I've been punished many times.
  • edited April 2011
    I withdraw the bulk of any mtt wins immediately.

The best place for it is in my account.

Withdrawel Doomswitch = rubbish. Hefty account = doesn't matter attitude.

Keep it lean, keep it mean.
  • edited April 2011
    There's a withdraw facility?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: When Do You Withdraw?:
    There's a withdraw facility?
    Posted by Machka
    I think you need to have a positive balance, Aaron!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm more likely to fritter it away if it's in my bank account rather than my sky account so I tend to just let it stack up (or dwindle down)! For a while I have had a target of 100 BIs in mind though, at which point I'd withdraw half and try and spin the remainder back up. Just need a tiny nudge to get there now so hoping to do that this weekend.
  • edited April 2011
    I find this quite a good method

e.g.

Starting   Bank Roll          £100

Play till you double up       £200

Withdraw 50% of Profit        £50

Bank Roll now                £150

Play till Double up           £300

Withdraw 50% of Profit    £75

Bank Roll Now               £225 

And repeat this.

It allows you to build up your BR to play higher entry games , but also allows you to enjoy your winnings 

Hope it helps 

• edited April 2011
    In Response to When Do You Withdraw?:
    No, I haven't got the wrong forum up, and "busty mammas" isn't open in another window. When do people generally withdraw cash from their accounts? I will always withdraw after a decent tournament result, but recently I've had more of a slow-build. Allowing for the fact that once it's withdrawn it becomes "house finances", would people leave it knocking around in their Sky accounts? I'm sure this is 100% dependent on your bank-roll / playing levels. I generally play MTTs and DYMs in the 20 -30 level (maybe higher in the DYMs). The problem is, that the more I have in my account, the more likely I am to fritter it away. We're not talking mega-bucks here, but my account has topped £500, and I'm thinking that's time. Thoughts? P.S. I did oreder a TV for £320 this week without getting permission of the accountant - maybe this could sort that out. :-)
    Posted by Eyeman
    I learned a long time ago that i play better when im organised. I always withdraw on the 1st of the month, i calculate my monthly profit and withdraw 50% to fritter away on whatever ( it should be fun money but generally the wife prefers to pay BILLS!!, shes so sensible.) the other 50% i leave in to build my bankroll. I find this works for me.

p.s.  a word of advice,  after a few months bankroll building never leave the homepage open long enough for the wife to see, she will go mental and always wants to know... WHY DO U NEED ALL THAT MONEY IN THERE, U CAN TAKE THAT OUT, I NEED A HOLIDAY etc.

hope this has been some help.
  • edited April 2011
    I have a set amount I keep (or try to) my account at. Then every Sunday night if I am in profit I cash out back to that amount. Its nice to have 2 regular incomes coming in weekly, one from work and 1 from pokerz.
  • edited April 2011
    Generally I will try to keep my bankroll somewhere above £0.
  • edited April 2011
    whenever i get my c4p's weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited April 2011
    Careful now!!!!-- the withdrawal method is unreliable at best, and can get quite messy in certain circumstances!-- why not read up on alternative ways of achieving mutual satisfaction?