You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

so...March in review...

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
well perhaps this more suited to a blog but here goes...

started March out real good, having nailed my 10k point target the month before (falling just shy of 12k), was dead chuffed with my priority club membership and even more so with my decent chunk of rakeback, tikay even hijacked my 'priority club pursuit thread', having forgotten all about my 12BI downswing, my confidence was good, and it showed on the tables, felt my game as top draw, getting good value of my hands, making big laydowns, making super thin value bets when i needed and making good reads and doing plenty bluff catching....so much so i Went on a 40BI upswing in like 2 weeks, which was like £2k, like an entire bankroll up! 

...But then the tables started to turn, variance kicked in....seemed ppl were hitting sets for fun against, flopping monster draws and/or chasing and just hitting every time, and obv id look em up 'cos they cant hanve the nuts ALL THE TIME' but of course they all did, threw me off my game, n played some bad sessions, like...5-6BI down sessions, id lose like 2BI then spew 4 more....anyway went on a 18BI downswing over the next 10 days, was having 'some' winning sessions and far more bigger losing ones and, anyway in this time i did drop to 30+40nl even tho i was overolled for it to get my confidence back, and was crushing them for a bit, but then everytime id take a shot at 50nl again id get a beatdown!, desperation crept in a couple of times, where it was late at night...like 2:30am and the games were so juicy, megafish with monster stacks pot betting into 3 ppl with mid pair, and thinking i could play any2 cards with these in position and it would EV+ but when fish run good they run sick-good, then took a  shot at 100nl, which to be fair started ok, standard wasnt 'that' much better n doubled up str8 away, but then got stacked with KK on rag-rainbow Q high board, i 3 bet from the blinds, dude called, i bet out he raised i shoved...he tanks it for ages then calls with Q7!! im like booom! 100 nugs coming my way...anyway river comes 7 then shortly after spew another buyin with 22 > my AA in a 3bet pot, he didnt get the right prices to set mine but he did and hit and i couldnt lay it down in my fury.

so what did i do, my target was 12k points i had hit 17.5k was gonna go for 20k but felt it was gonna cost me too much so i self-excluded myself from the site for 4-5 days and went back to studying, read Harrington on holdem again, downloaded loads of videos off cardrunners.com, id recommend anything by 'nikachu, brian hastings, irunlucky and leatherass9', and read a LOAD of stuff on 2+2, and then to re-evaluate my game, booted up poker-stars and HEM and logged about 8k hands and would review each session, ended up running 1.7bb/100 which was ok at 50nl, but more importantly i was paying way more attention to the tables, fortunately with HEM u can look at opponents VPIP/PFR, 3bet% fold to 3bet% and playing accordingly, and then pokerstoving marginal situations...i.e i raises KQs in cut-off and SB 3bets me and he has a 3bet % of 10 id stove that range n find i only have 42% equity if i flat in position.

anyway...my return, played my first session back tonight, felt my game was good and crushed the tables, ended up 6BI and at least another £100 under EV

so this month, aiming for about 16k points again, probs gonna reduce my number of tables played (sometimes i was playing up to 12-13 tables) to about 8max really, mostly 6-tabling i reckon. Need to work on my EQ (emotional intelligence) and try to learn to control my tilt more, and perhaps reduce my stop-gap-loss (i.e. quit tables after losing 2 BI instead of 4-5. other than that gonna keep occasionally playing on 'stars' just to keep my game in shape cos the standard is much better on there and most regs are sporting huds on there and the poker then becomes a stats game, but its a more shrewd preflop game, and then just review every session. Anyway hope i run good this month and probs will take a few more 100nl shots, i have railed a few of the games in the past and im confident i can beat them. wish me luck, see you at the tables

any1 else wana share their month's up n downs?

in before TL:DR

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I don't understand how an 18BI downswing shocks you so bad consideing how many tables you play :S
  • edited April 2011

Month of 2 halves!!

Signalled a new start for me did March 1st, it was the first month I started with my new PC, and serious multi tabling capabilities. It was all new, 4 was the most I'd previously played. I merged my poker bankroll and my everyday money in 1 account, leaving 20xbuy ins @30nl in my account. The plan was to get into the mindset that this alone was my poker BR, and that I would move up/down accordingly, whilst never withdrawing. I thought it might help stop me being such a BR nit in the long term. 

Week 1 was all about dyms. 11 quid buy in, I must have played 100's, ending in a friday session where I won 87% over 47 games, for 200+ profit. Was very happy with it, but It was a massive mistake.

I took the safe option in playing dyms, I knew I couldn't lose much if any at all, but it's just such a stupid idea for me to play them. However I was successsful, and made a few bob.

Week 2 I went back to cash. I tried 6 tabling nl30 and tbf I had a couple of shocking sessions -5 buy ins. I've never lost this badly at 30nl befote, but I didn't feel too stretched with the tables, but obviously it must have had a negative effect. I managed to turn the week around, by winning an mtt for 150 and grinding the HU sngs. Finished week 2 around 400 up for the month.

At the end of week 2, I was watching mastercash. As I felt confident I decided to sit and give it a go at 300nl. It was an instinctive decision, if I had actually thought about it, I would have talked myself out of it.

At the table were 3 players I had alot of experience playing against. Although Hurst, TommyD and crazyben are all good players, and have got alot better since I last played them, there wasn't a "fear factor" as such, it wasn't like I was sat with 5x 300nl veterans. I thought I could hold my own. 

Anyway, I had a good run for about 45 minutes, enjoyed the banter, the buzz, playing up to the rail, then got brought right back down to earth when my set lost to a straight otr. 700 pot is the biggest I'd ever played. It's the third time I've taken shots well above my level, and each time something like that has happened. I think I'm abit unlucky when moving up, but thats part of the game I guess, and it wont keep happening.

Anyway that was the sunday night, monday morning and back to the grind @ 30nl. I can't explain how demoralising it was logging back on to those games, back to about even for the month, having lost a 24xbuy in pot the last hand I played.

The last 2 weeks however have been brilliant. I recovered the mastercash loss within 4 days, which I was pleased with, but followed it up last week with 2x 11 buy in sessions. I've finished the last fortnight and therefore the whole month 1.1k up, playing mainly 30nl, I'd take 45x buy in fortnights for a while, would be nice :)

I'm also very confident playing up to 7 tables now, which is gonna help with cash 4 points.

I've increased my bankroll 200%, but can't help thinking what might have been. Next month maybe.....

------------------------------------------------------

Sikas, the cardrunners vids.....how much were they???
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: so...March in review...:
    Month of 2 halves!! Signalled a new start for me did March 1st, it was the first month I started with my new PC, and serious multi tabling capabilities. It was all new, 4 was the most I'd previously played. I merged my poker bankroll and my everyday money in 1 account, leaving 20xbuy ins @30nl in my account. The plan was to get into the mindset that this alone was my poker BR, and that I would move up/down accordingly, whilst never withdrawing. I thought it might help stop me being such a BR nit in the long term.  Week 1 was all about dyms. 11 quid buy in, I must have played 100's, ending in a friday session where I won 87% over 47 games, for 200+ profit. Was very happy with it, but It was a massive mistake. I took the safe option in playing dyms, I knew I couldn't lose much if any at all, but it's just such a stupid idea for me to play them. However I was successsful, and made a few bob. Week 2 I went back to cash. I tried 6 tabling nl30 and tbf I had a couple of shocking sessions -5 buy ins. I've never lost this badly at 30nl befote, but I didn't feel too stretched with the tables, but obviously it must have had a negative effect. I managed to turn the week around, by winning an mtt for 150 and grinding the HU sngs. Finished week 2 around 400 up for the month. At the end of week 2, I was watching mastercash. As I felt confident I decided to sit and give it a go at 300nl. It was an instinctive decision, if I had actually thought about it, I would have talked myself out of it. At the table were 3 players I had alot of experience playing against. Although Hurst, TommyD and crazyben are all good players, and have got alot better since I last played them, there wasn't a "fear factor" as such, it wasn't like I was sat with 5x 300nl veterans. I thought I could hold my own.  Anyway, I had a good run for about 45 minutes, enjoyed the banter, the buzz, playing up to the rail, then got brought right back down to earth when my set lost to a straight otr. 700 pot is the biggest I'd ever played. It's the third time I've taken shots well above my level, and each time something like  that has happ ened. I think I'm abit unlucky when moving up, but thats part of the game I guess, and it wont keep happening. Anyway that was the sunday night, monday morning and back to the grind @ 30nl. I can't explain how demoralising it was logging back on to those games, back to about even for the month, having lost a 24xbuy in pot the last hand I played. The last 2 weeks however have been brilliant. I recovered the masterclass loss within 4 days, which I was pleased with, but followed it up last week with 2x 11 buy in sessions. I've finished the last fortnight and therefore the whole month 1.1k up, playing mainly 30nl, I'd take 45x buy in fortnights for a while, would be nice :) I'm also very confident playing up to 7 tables now, which is gonna help with cash 4 points. I've increased my bankroll 200%, but can't help thinking what might have been. Next month maybe..... ------------------------------------------------------ Sikas, the cardrunners vids.....how much were they???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nice going JJ. How many hours do you think you played this month in total? Also how many c4p did you get and is this included in the 1.1k profit?

Hope you don't mind me asking.
  • edited April 2011
    Nah I don't mind....

My volume is still shocking, and theres no excuses really. 

I'm still playing every other day. I managed every day for like a week, but I soon went back into my old habit of getting trashed 1 day, whilst playing, then just having the next day off. 

So every other day, I log on about 3pm, mess about in tournys (here and elsewhere) until about 7pm.......

This in itself is a big leak I think. I should use at least some of this time playing cash, maybe a 2 hour session between 4 and 6pm. This is something I will look to start doing in April. Only playing 15 days a month, I should really be making sure I make the most of them. even if I bust the mtt's early, I will spend the time messing about on HU sngs, reading forums etc, anything but grind really.......

I'd typically start playing cash at around 8-30, then take a break around about the time the main event reaches the final table - about 11ish. I'll watch that/and or play a forum sng, then log back on to cash around midnight for a "proper grind"

Midnight obviously co-incides with me being pretty sozzled, which is gr8, this is prime time, when I'm playing some good stuff. The problem sozzled soon becomes too sozzled and I only get like 3 more hours in before I can't see! lol. 

So overall, I'd say I have 2x 3 hour cash sessions, 15 days a month. 90 hours cash a month roughly?....That sounds alot more than I thought it would be. Add on top 2/3 mtts a day, at £5/10, and 7/8 £10.50 HU sngs per session, and it came to a total of 5,400 cash for points........

That's 100 bonus I think, and isn't included in this months profit. Nor was last months bonus, which was only 50 quid. I withdrew that as soon as it came through, and will do the same this month. 

This last week, as I've statrted doing 7 tables, I've been making 600/700 points per night. Hopefully this month I can go better and get closer to 10k

This has turned into another essay! sorry!! lol - can you tell I'm trying to motivate myself to get stuck in today !!!! - Gonna be almost impossible with all the great sport on TV :(
  • edited April 2011
    Nah I don't mind.... My volume is still shocking, and theres no excuses really.  I'm still playing every other day. I managed every day for like a week, but I soon went back into my old habit of getting trashed 1 day, whilst playing, then just having the next day off.  So every other day, I log on about 3pm, mess about in tournys (here and elsewhere) until about 7pm....... This in itself is a big leak I think. I should use at least some of this time playing cash, maybe a 2 hour session between 4 and 6pm. This is something I will look to start doing in April. Only playing 15 days a month, I should really be making sure I make the most of them. even if I bust the mtt's early, I will spend the time messing about on HU sngs, reading forums etc, anything but grind really....... I'd typically start playing cash at around 8-30, then take a break around about the time the main event reaches the final table - about 11ish. I'll watch that/and or play a forum sng, then log back on to cash around midnight for a "proper grind" Midnight obviously co-incides with me being pretty sozzled, which is gr8, this is prime time, when I'm playing some good stuff. The problem sozzled soon becomes too sozzled and I only get like 3 more hours in before I can't see! lol.  So overall, I'd say I have 2x 3 hour cash sessions, 15 days a month. 90 hours cash a month roughly?....That sounds alot more than I thought it would be. Add on top 2/3 mtts a day, at £5/10, and 7/8 £10.50 HU sngs per session, and it came to a total of 5,400 cash for points........ That's 100 bonus I think, and isn't included in this months profit. Nor was last months bonus, which was only 50 quid. I withdrew that as soon as it came through, and will do the same this month.  This last week, as I've statrted doing 7 tables, I've been making 600/700 points per night. Hopefully this month I can go better and get closer to 10k This has turned into another essay! sorry!! lol - can you tell I'm trying to motivate myself to get stuck in today !!!! - Gonna be almost impossible with all the great sport on TV :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thank you, I find it really interesting hearing how other people go about their poker day.

I used to grind cash on another site for about 5 months last year when I didn't have a job. I used to play nl20 and nl50 (annoying that there wasn't a level in between!), this was euros btw. I didn't intend on making a living from poker, it just coincided with me being unemployed. I was still desperately trying to find work but poker sort of came to my rescue.

The first four months were great and the rakeback deal was also great. I seriously thought about not looking for work and doing this for ever. However, the fifth month was awful. Luckily, this is when I found a job! So things worked out well in the end.

I agree you should push yourself to play more, but it's a fine balance between too little and too much.

Great reading, thanks.
  • edited April 2011
    great reading peeps
  • edited April 2011

np.

I forgot to mention my new lucky t-shirt too. The last 4 sessions, Ive worn the same t-shirt, as I had a day inbetween to get it washed....

Yesterday though I totally forgot, and had it in the washer this morning, and have spent the last 20 mins giving it the hair dryer treatment.

Lucky t-shirts are definitely +ev
  • edited April 2011
    Sikas, the cardrunners vids.....how much were they???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Ah well one of my best mates is a staked player and he has a 'corporate' login to cardrunners/sharkscope etc... that he has kindly shared with me so i have pretty much unlimited access to these

I don't understand how an 18BI downswing shocks you so bad consideing how many tables you play :S
    Posted by Blackfish3

well 18BI is a lot of money and can take a lot of time to win back, but yeah your variance is more pronounced the more tables you play, the only thing that shocked me about it is the sheer brutality of it, literally everytime i got QQ-AA it got cracked 100% and would have to either stack off or throw it away, and when i make the str8 on the turn they'd make the flsuh on the river...over and over again, it really is horrible when it happens, was contemplating giving up, cashing out etc...finding a new hobbie cos i obv suck at this one, but worst of all it was affecting my 'real' life, i was in a bad mood for a few days and a bit 'off' with my misses and my mind was elsewhere at my day-job (constantly going over hands in my head, going over my play etc...)
  • edited April 2011
    np. I forgot to mention my new lucky t-shirt too. The last 4 sessions, Ive worn the same t-shirt, as I had a day inbetween to get it washed.... Yesterday though I totally forgot, and had it in the washer this morning, and have spent the last 20 mins giving it the hair dryer treatment. Lucky t-shirts are definitely +ev
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Sikas likes this

:-D
  • edited April 2011
    Quality thread, folks.
  • edited April 2011
    1st March  BR  £25.

In feb I had set myself a challenge of turning £1 into £100.  Managed to do this so at the end of Feb I thought I'd have a go again.  This time I decided that playing from a £1 start was too little so I decided to start from a £25.  My reason for this was simple.  i was intending to start with £3.30 DYM, and this BR allowed me to play a few , with loses.

I had decided that I would play £3.30 DYM's until I reached £50, then move up to £5.50,  than at £100, £11.  That was the plan anyway.  Along the way I would dabble at MTT's of similar buy in.

I am proud to say that I have stuck to my BR management pretty well throughout the month.  With one exception.  Lost 2 X £11 DYM's in a row, both to tremendous bad beats,  so I lost if for a second and ended up playing a £55 DYM... which I won ;o)

Anyway Credit where credit is due,  I have to thank one of the members of Team Sky Poker.  I was listening to some of the advice that he was giving, one thing he said stuck home and I have used it to good effect.  I won't mention his name, as I don't want to embarrass the lad, I have thanked him via PM and he was kind enough to reply.  Anyway taking his advice on board ,my BR has gone from £25 on 1st March to £335 on 1st April.

Before anyone asks..........  I'm not telling what the advice was lol

A combination of reasonable runs in MTT's, a lot of 2nd places in Bounty Hunters, and good win rate at the £11 DYm's is the main way I have increased my Bank Roll 

March was a good month for me.  I know the monetary value wont appear much to many of the players on here but for a social player who has only been playing the game 18 months, this has been one of my best ever returns and I hope a change, for the good, in my poker skills.

GL on the tables everybody 
  • edited April 2011
    Good reading, thanks folks! WP jock :)

February was awful for me, a string of bad luck that put me on permatilt which turned a drama into a crisis. Lost about a quarter of my BR in 4 weeks so was determined to do something about it in March.

As of March 1st I spent a lot more time reviewing my game than I have done previously (and time at all is a lot more than 'none' of course), trying to spend 10% of my poker time reviewing sessions, watching vids, railing, etc. My results were still up and down but generally tending in the right direction.

By mid march I felt I'd spotted quite a few leaks, spots where I was losing value etc so I put it all together and made some small but fairly fundemental adjustments to my game. I'm being much more disciplined (perhaps too much, but that's better than the other extreme), working a lot harder at range narrowing through the streets, being more aware of and trying to use table dynamics, etc. All stuff I was doing before to an extent but I am approaching this a bit more seriously and trying to do it every single hand.

Results since then have totally turned around and I've been on a real heater for the last two weeks of March. Binked a few of the £10 tourneys, made the top three in a bunch more, nice deep runs in some main events and the primo (both times rivered by a 3 outer by an oppo who went on to make the final table, lol), all going swimmingly.

Last day of the month I was feeling very good about my game anyway, felt I was having a particularly good day, so took a shot at the 8 KDS sattelite...a big BI for my roll but I felt I was playing probably my best poker ever so if not now, when? Sailed through that and went into the main event very confident despite the sick field.

Ended up playing what is probably my single best session ever that night, felt like I more than held my own against very stiff competiton, and ended up bubbling the FT...AJ cracked by Q10 as it happens but you can't really complain when it's down to shove or fold. So that was a nice cash, then I went straight into the midnight £11 tourney after that and won that to cap off march nicely :)

tl;dr version: great month, really worked on my game and it's paid huge dividends, really feel like I've turned a bit of a corner.
  • edited April 2011
    I wrote this in a different thread on the variance section but looks appropriate to C+P it onto here... so here is my story for March...

I had a terrible month this month. I play a lot of cash and I play with a 40 buyin bankroll. I was down to 22 at the weekend and it was really hurting.

Somebody who I am sort of mentoring (God help him) said to me just take a break from cash and go back to MTTs for a bit as we both know thats my strength. I played a £500bh and won it for £150. I then played the primo that night and cashed 14th for £127. The next day I decided I would stick to MTTs and played the 8pm 8k bh, and went on to win it for £1300.

So I went from the lowest of lows, thinking OH SH!T if something doesn't change soon my bankroll could disapear, to then suddenly being £800 in profit for the month in 2 days.

Crazy game this poker thing!!

I'm going to have a quiet April I think, rather than grinding I'll just play what and when ever I feel like it. Probably going to drop from 9 tables of cash to 5 cash and the 8pm, I might start playing the TSP as well as I think there is good value in there.
  • edited April 2011
    i hit the big 1k c4p which is a rarity for me as i do not play much usually just linger around the forum and what not playing the odd dym or a bit of cash so to reach the 1k total with literally 4 minutes before midnight was good enough for me i think the most i have ever made was when i first signed up and played solely cash but even then only made around 2.5k c4p this month going to try and take things a bit more serious depositing every month is not fun so just gonna deposit a amount of money if i lose it i give up if i dont i carry on until i get to a nice amount where i can start to withdraw and have a comfortable BR or i busto
  • edited April 2011
    i played ~5-6 hrs a day for prob 29 days i won a bit then lost a bit then won a bit then lost a bit then won a bit then lost a bit

then i had a +25bi day

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

48k c4p bonus too :D
  • edited April 2011
    i played ~5-6 hrs a day for prob 29 days i won a bit then lost a bit then won a bit then lost a bit then won a bit then lost a bit then i had a +25bi day weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 48k c4p bonus too :D
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Sicko!
  • edited April 2011
    Wow I wish I could remember more about my poker in March!

All I know is I made more than I lost again ;)

• edited April 2011
    Early on the month I was mainly focusing on tournies.  Did well this month on Sky tournie wise.  Think its +2/2.5k I think or something I've taken quite a few down, nothing major with the biggest bink being the TSP classic for just under £500 but loads of £200-300 wins.

My biggest error this month was 4bet shoving into Thew's AA the other day in the 220.  That was lol.  But out of that came actually a nice realisation that my tilt is under control.  I made that move with 55 left and still managed to narrowly miss out on the cash at 11th.  Also at the same time I came 9th in the 15k BH for £190 so it wasn't a total waste of an evening and I played well.  Tilt has always been one of the big big errors that I face and I feel like I've turned a corner somewhat in managing it.

But yeah so binking a few tournies and grinding some low stakes ones meant that I ended the quarter top of the TSP MTT League which was my main goal.

Mid way thru the month I started playing cash a lot more.  Forgotting how good the games are, especially after 1am thru to 4-5am.  Messing with my sleep patern again but since I'm up £1.8k from mainly 30-40-50nl in 2 weeks I think its worth it.  Grinded to 11k C4P so am in Priority club this month which is a bonus.  Oh an £275 too is nice.

I binked a tournie on another site for 2k$US too.  I've played less than 20 tournies on there this month so quite decent considering the fields.

Live has gone ok.  Played 4 live £110 tournies for 1 cash of £900.  Dropped £200 at cash live twice but a recent visit to the Vic where I stood with a profit of £670 in a 1/2 game was a nice result.  Means that for live this month I am £700~ .

Been happy with my game this month and looking forward to the TSP MTT qualifier, which was my main goal for the at the start.

Great idea for a thread btw.  Would be good to get something like this going every month.
  • edited April 2011
    I LOVE reading stuff like this so ill do mine!

I'm fairly new here and not that experienced in poker really, as im 19, although i learnt the rules years ago i only started playing online about 8months ago.

Anyway, about 10 days before the end of march i put £30 on here, by the beginning of march i'd spun that up to about £500 i think, then from playing 20/30nl moving up to 40/50nl as my bankroll improved i got up to £1000 in another 10 days or smth. I then decieded to be an idiot and ignore bankroll management...

From watching mastercash on a saturday night i decieded to take a shot at 200nl, which was being shown on tv as oppose to the normal 300nl because people where in Luton. Was playing a little with scared money you could say but i was also fearless because it was such exicement and an adrenaline rush compared to the lower stakes, esp when i hit a set against nut flush draw, all the money went in on the flop and the flush came but then i filled up for a £400 pot. WIIIIIII. Biggest pot ive won by a long way.

Over the next week i played abit at 100nl and 200nl and my bankroll stayed about the same £1200. On the next saturday i again played mastercash and ended up winning a couple of biggish hands taking my bankroll to £1500.

Then the badness came.. my AA lost to 43s on a board of something like Q4x4x losing a massive pot, i then spewed another buy in at 200nl. Took a short break and noticed there was a 400plo game going, after taking £500 out and putting it in my bank i decieded to use my last £400 playing this... you can see where this is going, all in pre with AA and hurst had AA against lol_raise's 88tt, 8 on the river killed me.

I then took a little break from poker and played and money on some other sites, after this i decieded to come back here because its my favourite site and depoist £300, using this i got my points total from 7.3k to just over 8k in time before the deadline for a nice £200 bonus.

Now you can find me grinding my way back up at 20/30nl using proper bankroll management! :)
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    Mehh mite aswell. Just turned  20 and this year decided to give poker a real go on the side whilst at university. 

I only play the reg speed heads up sit n goes on sky now after switching from the turbocharged games, played pretty much every day of march, 2-3 hours every night, played a total of 72 hours for march, which is around 16-20 hours a week. Earned 8k c4p, which earned me £250 instead of £200 rakeback as sky gave me some promotion, thanks sky!!

Week 1 went pretty standard, ended up £420, only played the at the 26.25 level. 

Week 2 added some 52.50 heads up games into the grind, ran pretty well (when i mean well i mean my hands actaully held up where i was favourite), pretty much always 2 tabled, one at the 26.25 level and one at the 52.50 level, ended up with £775 profit for the week which was pretty good.

Week 3 varaince started to kick in, had a good start to the week but the last few days of the week lost around £200 which wasnt good, but noticed i wasnt playing my A game as much, and playing with the dogs around and watching tv which obviosuly is dum.. Ended up £405 for the week.

Week 4 was back to reality, never seen so many suckouts, my hands were not holding up, opponents hitting 2 outers for fun, runner runner flushes, really was brutal, even considered posting in area 51 (joking). Just varaince but not nice, tilted a bit one day where i lost £300, playing some heads up cash and the turbo sit n goes. In the end only ended down £115 for the week, which isnt that much, but i know i lost like£500-600 in ev.

Last few days before the month ended made around £150, so overall had a £1.8k month. Trying to find games to play in the day, maybe dyms or maybe some nl30-50 cash, as the the reg speeds heads up games dont run as much in the day. Any advice feel free to PM. 
  • edited April 2011
    I was pretty quiet in March after not doing to well in Feb and family problems decided to take a brk for 2-3 weeks

i had satelited my way through 2 games at the start of the month for the DS semi on the 30th which Imanaged to get through - it was same structure as final and probaly leanrt more in those 2 games than I have for a while as I was playing against players I wouldn,t normally play against and felt I was starting to hold my own

Also read a few magaines and looked at a cpl of other forums for advice

So my plan for April is to take forward what i,ve learnt from other players styles and adapt them into my own game and see how the month pans out

Defiantely more confident with my game now though  

MP
  • edited April 2011
    I stopped working halfway through March. Played lots of poker since. Made some moneys at nl50. Won some tourneys. Went from 40th to 18th in the MTT TSP League. Made 10k C4Ps and Priority Club. Played live a few times. Shared a table with James Mitchell, Max Silver and Ross Boatman. Went busto to Ross Boatman.

This month I want to bink a tsp seat. Cash in an 8pm (one time pls). Go deep in a live tourney. Run as good as some people on this site.