You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a standard shove

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Against tag in a 6 max £0.25/£0.50 I raise with pr 8's get a call from BB. flop 8d kh qh so me set 8's I raise he goes all in for £23. Assume he has hit 2 pr or over pr or more likely flush hunting? he therefore has 9 outs (for flush) so 2/1 odds or if we discount to say 7 outs he has only 3/1 odds is this standard shove?

I eventually call hit quads he hits flush on turn

Opinions please

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I don't understand your point really... are you saying should he be shoving?

Obv you are calling his shove every day so that's not a question, you played the hand great- for him, you could be c-betting with 9s-Js, in which case he gets you off, you could have AQ/QJ and fold to strength, and maybe even could be got off a hand like KJ/K10 (probably going nowhere with AK). And assuming you have hit a set/2 pair, he still has live outs with his flush draw, so I don't see he's done anything horrendously wrong either, he gets a fold out of that fairly often. Much better than calling and then having a tough decision on turn, and if you're calling with suited cards to fold with a big flush draw, you need to just fold preflop.

Don't see any real problems with the play anywhere personally.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this a standard shove:
    I don't understand your point really... are you saying should he be shoving? Obv you are calling his shove every day so that's not a question, you played the hand great- for him, you could be c-betting with 9s-Js, in which case he gets you off, you could have AQ/QJ and fold to strength, and maybe even could be got off a hand like KJ/K10 (probably going nowhere with AK). And assuming you have hit a set/2 pair, he still has live outs with his flush draw, so I don't see he's done anything horrendously wrong either, he gets a fold out of that fairly often. Much better than calling and then having a tough decision on turn, and if you're calling with suited cards to fold with a big flush draw, you need to just fold preflop. Don't see any real problems with the play anywhere personally.
    Posted by DeucesLive
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks... So your saying he's correct even with those odds?

In Response to Re: Is this a standard shove:
    In Response to Re: Is this a standard shove :
    Posted by moneymakur