You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1.5/3: tp+nfd vs. weird line by villain

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LOL_RAISE Small blind   £1.50 £1.50 £620.84
lJAMESl Big blind   £3.00 £4.50 £468.80
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

villain Raise   £9.00 £13.50 £248.36
offshoot Call   £9.00 £22.50 £286.50
LOL_RAISE Fold        
lJAMESl Fold        
Flop

• A

villain Bet   £12.00 £34.50 £236.36
offshoot Raise   £36.00 £70.50 £250.50
villain Call   £24.00 £94.50 £212.36
Turn

villain Check        
offshoot Bet   £60.00 £154.50 £190.50
villain Raise   £123.00 £277.50 £89.36
offshoot?  

Comments

• edited April 2011
    villain is reg, not gonna give reads but just assume winning player. are you calling/stacking off here?

thoughts on flop? flatting better than raising?
  • edited April 2011
    the flop aggression followed by the check raise makes it look alot like 10's (imo).  But I probably do my stack.
  • edited April 2011
    good raise on the flop as thats when your hand holds massive value, so we're pretty much happy to get money in the middle here. dont think we should flat here as if we do turn the nuts the pot is still only relatively small and unless our opponent also has a huge hand we are going to find it hard to get the stacks in.

on the turn the value of your hand is massively reduced, although its still a big hand. your getting the odds to just flat the turn raise, but with the opponent only having £89 behind its unlikely we will fold even if we miss the flush. so i just ship it in. 
  • edited April 2011

Deffo raise flop with the intention of getting it in, obv.

Check behind on the turn and bluff-catch the river. If you get there, obv make a value play, if unimproved, just snap off his bet, unless you have a note on his sizing.

That's what I'd do anyway.

I don't think you need to protect against anything on the turn, and he doesn't call with anything worse than you have? 

Need to edit again, because maybe he does call worse FD's on the turn, but I think at this level they cud def bluff missed clubs otr? and if he get's there, u get his stack. I would say once he bet calls the flop though you can't beat alot, and if you do, u beat it by miles.
  • edited April 2011