You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Harrington cash books

ybyb
edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I was bored and started reading them the other day, and some of the things in there are just plain wrong imo, like a 70x 3bet size, advocating loads of open limping etc.

Why are they held in such high regard for learning cash play?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    each to their own bud.  I have no issue open limping in a 300+BB cash game.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Harrington cash books:
    I was bored and started reading them the other day, and some of the things in there are just plain wrong imo, like a 70x 3bet size, advocating loads of open limping etc. Why are they held in such high regard for learning cash play?
    Posted by yb
    i know a lot of good players say they haven,t read any books, but was wondering if you had read anything YB that you would recommend?
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Harrington cash books:
    In Response to Harrington cash books : i know a lot of good players say they haven,t read any books, but was wondering if you had read anything YB that you would recommend?
    Posted by MP33
    no this was the first poker book I'd ever read tbh.
  • edited April 2011
    HoH for tournaments are great books for beginners when i came to reading the cash game ones i already knew a bit and was pretty dissapointed by them i think they are mainly designed for 9handed live games rather than 6max online
  • edited April 2011
    i dont tihnk theyre held in high regard at all are they? the tourney books are but ive never heard anyone say the cash books are a must read. I think Harrington admitted himself thats hes never really played online at all so i doubt they have any decent advice with regards to that.
  • edited April 2011
    his mtt books are well outdated now, if i recall they were geared for intermediate players but i guess they are fine for beginners who need to learn a basic understanding