You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flips

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Can somebody tell me what percentage of flips are won by the person with the most chips. it still should be 50/50 but i reckon the person with the most chips wilns more like 75% of the time. This is a fact

Comments

• edited April 2011
    99.9999999% of the time imo

BUT i may be wrong;)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Flips:
    Can somebody tell me what percentage of flips are won by the person with the most chips. it still should be 50/50 but i reckon the person with the most chips wilns more like 75% of the time. This is a fact
    Posted by Roothlus
    lol!

This is a level...right?
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    If you say its a fact after a statement with capital letters and explanation marks it must be true !!lol
  • edited April 2011
    Well you learn something new every day don't you.......................
  • edited April 2011
    I shall add that to my.......  "Little book of Poker Factoids"

Along with.........  RNG's aren't Random

Online Poker is Rigged

Live poker is Rigged

Maxally is a Card Rack

ElsaDog is a Poker Genius
    Ace Jack is the nuts... ( Sorry LML, been a while since that one appeared ;o) )

Trains and Ducks ARE Interesting

Richard Orfords Spot has been donated to Medical research 

There are many more but I don't want to give them all away before the book is published 
  • edited April 2011
    Flips are won by the large stack 50% of the time (give or take the usual statistical margins). The thing to consider here is that the big stack is much more likely to be calling for a race, than a small stack. So they happen more often. When the big stack wins (stack gravity as I call it), you think the thing is rigged. When the bic stack loses, you nod in satisfaction, and forget it.

In poker, it really is wise to avoid flips where possible - if you love them so much - play the Russian Roulette sit-n-gos.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Flips:
    I shall add that to my.......  "Little book of Poker Factoids" Along with.........  RNG's aren't Random Online Poker is Rigged Live poker is Rigged Maxally is a Card Rack ElsaDog is a Poker Genius A ce Jack is the nuts... ( Sorry LML, been a while since that one appeared ;o) ) Trains and Ducks ARE Interesting Richard Orfords Spot has been donated to Medical research  There are many more but I don't want to give them all away before the book is published 
    Posted by JockBMW

Is this one of those odd one out competitions?

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Flips : Is this one of those odd one out competitions?
    Posted by elsadog

lol

How dare you question the factoidness of any of my Factoids.  They are all true,  they must be it's on T'internet ;o)

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Flips : lol How dare you question the factoidness of any of my Factoids.  They are all true,  they must be it's on T'internet ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW

Wouldn't dare m8 - problem is I agree with at least 2 of them. :o)

• edited April 2011
    When considering any percentage calculation we must always remember what the great Terry Pratchett said.

Million to one shots come in nine times out of ten.
  • edited April 2011
    When considering any percentage calculation we must always remember what the great Terry Pratchett said.  Million to one shots come in nine times out of ten.
    Posted by Talon
    In that case some so-and-so is doing very well at the lottery at my expense.