You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

reckons he had jq!!!

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
swiper Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £40.00
pod1 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £74.99
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

fow125 Fold     
Bergman Fold     
tatohead Fold     
DADSARMIE Raise  £1.20 £1.80 £73.02
swiper Raise  £3.40 £5.20 £36.60
pod1 Call  £3.20 £8.40 £71.79
DADSARMIE Call  £2.40 £10.80 £70.62
Flop

• Q

swiper Bet  £8.10 £18.90 £28.50
pod1 Call  £8.10 £27.00 £63.69
DADSARMIE Fold     
Turn

• K

swiper All-in  £28.50 £55.50 £0.00
pod1 Fold     
swiper Muck     
swiper Win  £25.65  £25.65
swiper Return  £28.50 £1.35 £54.15

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Snap fold preflop.
  • edited April 2011
    Its possible, he does have the insurance of the re draw to the straight, he knows you have something after calling his pre 3 bet.  Maybe he felt 3rd bullet had to be huge, after putting in 40% of his stack.  He cant lead out fold, jamming would seem like his best play.

Pre flop I re raise or fold here.
  • edited April 2011
    dude tell me you are kidding!! he swears blind he had jq, but never trust a poker play ah. think he did to be fair he has reloaded 3 times. king slowed me down or i was shovin
  • edited April 2011

It is definitely a fold pre flop.

You should include in the O.P the history. He's re-loaded 3 times? How did he get stacked those 3 times? How has he played since?

If he's going nuts I like getting it in on the flop.
  • edited April 2011
    top pair only on the others, for some reason i had him on ak and was going all in after he fired again, like i say k was the worst card i wanted to see
  • edited April 2011
    LOL how do you survive flat calling reraises pre with AQo ?
  • edited April 2011
    I think it depends dudeskin.  He was sat at the table, i'm not always going to fold AQ there (i do either re raise or fold to be fair).  If you think the SB is re popping a serial button raiser then its not so terrible to get involved.  Hard to make a judgement on one stand alone hand with out the contextual information.  But again, I would definately raise or fold, not likely call.
  • edited April 2011
    he had been pot  betting all streets all night, had been some banter on table about his play and he just said he was pi s s ed and can play like he wanted, any big hand pre he just kept firing, hence the reloading. first reloaded was 99 and potted it down to river 2nd reload and it was qq. mtt i MIGHT of contimplated putting it down, but with how this table, esp this player was playing i didnt think it was a bad call and reavelate on the flop. as for not "surviving" playing like this, im surviving quite nicely thank you!
  • edited April 2011
    Without the back story, looks like AsKs...

With his reloads and persistence and from what you say willingness to continue through the streets, I can easily believe paint paint (QJ)

Tough spot tho, I would probably fold pre (but that's with my MTT head on)
  • edited April 2011
     pf my biggest concern is how to keep the sb in the hand, with all the information i could call the 3bet pre if i think the button raises light and the sb would fold to a 4bet, as played im never folding the turn to this player and if i was value betting im not slowing down on scare cards
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011

4bet to get it in pre against the sb, fold to a 5bet from the btn.

also in your OP's give reads/table dynamic and leave out results so you get unbiased responses.

• edited April 2011
    thanks, will do