You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker Heads Up Championship

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

Why? - There are no heads up MTTs currently on Sky. I think having an official 'heads-up championship' would attract alot of the 'names' on the site as there will be great bragging rights for the winner. It will also attract recreational players due to the buy in not being too steep. Not to mention that a heads up tournament would, in my opinion, come as a refreshing change to many players (myself included) who play 6 max all the time.

When? - I would propose the first Thursday of every month so that it is one week after the £220 D/S which is already the main tournament for bragging rights on Sky. I didn't want to say Sunday as they're already pretty packed and Saturday is 'cash' night for a lot of players. Alternatively it could run Friday. I propose that it is a monthly event to keep it fresh and to ensure the bragging rights are worth winning (as they belong to the winner for a whole month).

Buy-in? - £22. This is in line with some of the Open events and as such should make it accessible to recreational players. It should also prove worthy enough to be won by the bigger players on the site.

Structure? - The structure is simple really. You just play heads up vs your opponent with the winner progressing to the next round, which commences as soon as all round 1 games are finished, and so on... There would be hourly breaks as usual. I would propose 7 minute blinds as this should be enough for a heads up game. It should also ensure the games finish in a decent time. I would suggest using the same blind levels (amounts) as those currently used for the Open events (10/20, 15/30, 20/40 etc).

I would propose that the final 4 places (the 'semi-finalists') get paid, although this could be expanded to the top 8 or even 16 depending upon field size.  

That is my idea anyway, I do think it could be really popular (I for one would love to see something like this). Let me know if you like the idea guys, and any other comments are welcome and appreciated.