You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Heads up for heads" (Tournament idea)

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
I know this exists on other sites, but I like the tournament and I think Sky should have it.

The idea is a "Heads up MTT". Once the tournament starts you are all drawn in a HU game (everytime there is an odd number 1 player will have to wait for an opponent). They play until 1 player has lost their chips, then as soon as there is a free opponent from another game they are matched up to play so you are not sat waiting for all HU games to finish.

Each player has a bounty on their head, so the quicker you knock some1 out the more opponents you get and more bounties. There will also be a prize pool for the top finishers (standard payout structure applies).

The clock is continuous but you keep the chips from your last game, so round 1 you get 2000 chips. If you win that the next game you will have 4000 chips etc etc, so the quicker you beat your opponents the more BB's you will have for your next game.

Name: Heads up for heads
Start time 8.30pm
Buyin £5 +50p
2k starting stack 10 minute blind clock.
Structure:
10/20
15/30
20/40
30/60
50/100
75/150 (5 minute break)
100/200
150/300
200/400
300/600
400/800
500/1000 (5 minute break)
600/1200
750/1500
1000/2000
1500/3000
blah blah blah, you get the idea.... (steady blind increases = lots of play even near the end)

Runs on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
No Limit holdem

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Wiiiiii yes, but it shud just be a straight knock-out, when u beat someone, you make the next round. Wait for the other games to finish, and be drawn a new opponent.

In the next round, re-set stacks and blinds and clock.

Final best of three.

Prefer 100% in the prizepool, but ppl here get aroused by the term "bounty hunter" so maybe thats the best way to go.

Plzzzzzzzzzzzz pick this idea!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Lol Flashy, you beat me to it about heads up mate, never mind mate I'll leave mine up anyway as it's a monthly one I suggested. Great idea mate.
  • edited April 2011
    Yes, good idea, though knock-out format prefered (and a faster structure to stop it taking too long).
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: "Heads up for heads" (Tournament idea):

This looks fun,...what a gr8 idea Flash, vwd.

If it takes off (and hopefully it will), perhaps the suits could incorporate some smaller buy-ins so that wud attract more ppl and if poss, a turnaround time of say 2-4 hrs, or alternatively, vary the starting times to include early starts ie; afternoons  as well pls, this wud allow persons like myself (and quite a few others) who have shift work etc, to have a chance to get a piece of the action.....we seem to miss out a lot on these type of fun games initiated by the members on the forum..........gl with it all   
  • edited April 2011
    Like the idea, although the waiting is annoying another idea would be to just constantly play againsr dif opponents and person who ends up with all the chips wins, although there would be prizes for 2nd/3rd
  • edited April 2011
    I was about to vote "yes" until I saw...

blah blah blah, you get the idea.... 

Sigh.  The impatience of today's youth!

• edited April 2011
    Cheers for the feedback so far guys, glad you all like the idea!

A couple of you said about doing it as knockout rounds. There is a couple of probems with this, its very rarely going to have a correct amount of runners (16, 32, 64 etc) so you could get a lot of players sit out the 1st round whih isn't much fun. Secondly if you KO your opponent pretty quickly, there is always 1 game that takes forever to finish, and as nobody on Sky has any patience I thought this may put people off.

@ Crazyben, What your saying is already my idea, as soon as you beat some1 you get the next available oppo so you can gain a bigger head value and more chips (So you could reach the final with a 2:1 / 3:1 chip lead for example).

@ James.... Sigh, shall I carry on with the structure up to 100,000 / 200,000 ;-)
  • edited April 2011
    I voted for yes but would have voted 100% yes sigh

Love the idea
  • edited April 2011
    10000000% yes!!! 
  • edited April 2011
    Most definately yes, not only would it promote heads up play on the site which is starting to become very popular, it would also be an oppurtunity to pit your wits against a player that normally plays at a higher level!