You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Deep & Sleep (Tournament Idea)

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
this sounds good.  2 day event gives it a different dynamic too.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    So we have some doublestack tourneys, a few deepstacks and the regular 8pms. But we don't have a proper structured tournament - most end up quite shallow towards the business end.

I'd like to see a comp with long levels, decent starting stack, which has no duty to the tv show and can allow for a lot of play.

Deep & Sleep £100+10

10,000 starting stack
    Blinds start at 10/20
    Blinds go up every 30 minutes

Or

20,000 starting stack
    Blinds start at 25/50
    Blinds go up every 30 minutes

To take place first Sunday of every month (possibly some sort of entry for priority club members?), starting at 2pm and running through the day. If demand is high, this has the potential to become a 2 day event.

Is this something we would like to see implemented? I know the 220DS has been criticised for becoming a crapshoot towards the end, this certainly would allow for plenty of play.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Deep & Steep (Tournament Idea):
    So we have some doublestack tourneys, a few deepstacks and the regular 8pms. But we don't have a proper structured tournament - most end up quite shallow towards the business end. I'd like to see a comp with long levels, decent starting stack, which has no duty to the tv show and can allow for a lot of play. Deep & Steep £100+10 10,000 starting stack Blinds start at 10/20 Blinds go up every 30 minutes To take place first Sunday of every month (possibly some sort of entry for priority club members?), starting at 2pm and running through the day. If demand is high, this has the potential to become a 2 day event. Is this something we would like to see implemented? I know the 220DS has been criticised for becoming a crapshoot towards the end, this certainly would allow for plenty of play.
    Posted by pryce6
    You cannottttttttttt be serious. 

Wont vote but I would need to be bought in free, and paid on top to play this.
  • edited April 2011
    great idea if you can afford it :((
  • edited April 2011
    I thought "Deep and steep" on other sites meant a big chip stack but fast blinds? .. Well what ever, good idea, bit of a pain for family folk like me though, can't imagine the Mrs or kids liking this idea lol. But i've liked it anyway
  • edited April 2011
    Its a good idea just as long as there are plenty of low priced satellites into it.  Depending on the blind structure maybe have the tournament stop after level 10 (5 hours) and then restart the next week to be played to a conclusion.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Deep & Steep (Tournament Idea):
    I thought "Deep and steep" on other sites meant a big chip stack but fast blinds? .. Well what ever, good idea, bit of a pain for family folk like me though, can't imagine the Mrs or kids liking this idea lol. But i've liked it anyway
    Posted by FlashFlush
    yeah maybe. I did it quick lol.

will change in a bit.

edit: I liked the name it sounds cool..anyone got a better suggestion?
  • edited April 2011
    What about Deep and sleep rather than deep and steep?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: £100 Deepstack (Tournament Idea):
    What about Deep and sleep rather than deep and steep?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    YES CHARLES. Hero x
  • edited April 2011
    I've put no boss, mainly cos blinds too long for me. Can understand the idea and also allowing for alot of play but who has enough time to do these.

Possibly if was saturday 4 hours and sunday another 4 hours approx, then would be interested

GL
  • edited April 2011
    i like,i like alot,and i wouldnt need a break