You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Idea- Sats for Mastercash £300

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

Buy in £30, Winner takes all 10 Seater and gets entry into the saturdays Cash 300 STT Qualifier

Buy in £30 1 in 10 entrants get entry into saturdays cash 300, MTT Qualifier(10 minute blinds)

Final Qualifiers on a friday night @ 9

daily sats for fridays finals to get in....

£3 x 10 10 handed winner takes all

£3 - 1 in every 10 get entry via MTT qualifier(10 minute blinds)

Rules any person who qualifies can select any free master cash seat of their choice as a normal one would. Must play 1 hour and a half before they can stand, they can sit out at any point but money will stay on the table until they have played for a certain length of time or certain amount of hands

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I voted for the 'needs some tweaking' as i reckon 1 hours play is enough imo.

This was suggested a while back and DID receive a good bit of support BUT was overlooked by the powers that be.

Well done for bringing this up again though as i think its a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat idea

xxx
  • edited April 2011
    Ty debs, yeah i think an hour wouldnt be too bad i think thats where could do with some tweaking on how long they should play for/ or how many hands

Defo liked it before and would give someone like us a chance for high stakes glory etc for small price

sort of knicked idea too as been mentioned a few times
  • edited April 2011
    This doesn't win then i'm a dutchman
  • edited April 2011
    only issue I can see is that the software couldn't cope with needing to stay on table for X amount of hands/X amount of time

set up a new 'holding' account per qualifer, so if I made it thru my ID would be MC_scotty77.  if I don't play for the 90 mins, then I don receive the stake back/profits.  if I do then the money is transfered into my main account as soon as possible
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Tournament Idea- Sats for Mastercash £300:
    only issue I can see is that the software couldn't cope with needing to stay on table for X amount of hands/X amount of time set up a new 'holding' account per qualifer, so if I made it thru my ID would be MC_scotty77.  if I don't play for the 90 mins, then I don receive the stake back/profits.  if I do then the money is transfered into my main account as soon as possible
    Posted by scotty77
    Yep that should work xxx
  • edited April 2011
    Yes scotty baby +1 top idea dude, once 1 hour or 90mins up then they can transfer when the player chooses to leave into their normal account.

Please make this happen sky be sick!
  • edited April 2011
    it sounds like a fine idea but would the powers that be want it..for example i am a small stakes player and if i was to sit on a mastercash 300 table i would not want to risk that 300 quid..so i would sit there letting the time run down never playing any hand unless very very premium, no value for the other guys playing no rake for sky bad for everyone but me, i will wait my alloted time and then i will be off, clutching my 200ish quid and running
  • edited April 2011
     Went for the third option mate because of the fundamental flaw in the whole tourny. The winner sits down with only 1 buy-in which as you know can easily disappear within 1 hand.Now either they they continue to top up to play or sit out which will occupy a seat on the table which they have control over until the allotted time runs out leaving a shorter handed table than necessary.

The basic idea is still good and would allow someone the chance to punch above their wait for a glorious while.
  • edited April 2011
    U earn the £300 via sats so its up to u how u use it, the time limit is to encourage people to play a bit and not fold every hand

Can have a timer somewhere showing how long is left either just to person who has qualified or to everyone, any thoughts people?

Me for eg. although £300 is alot for my bankroll i would look to try to spin up as could be worth alot more, not claiming i can outplay higher stake players but every dog has their day and would make the mastercash more interesting. Also regardless whether they choose to play properly it will generate more action by the higher stakes players going after their blinds and any pots etc

Those that are afraid to risk it dont need to enter it
  • edited April 2011
    you need to offer some sort of incentive for finishing with more than your £300. Like a bonus seat in the 5/10 mastercash game for the qualifier who finished with the most money out of all the qualifiers that month. This also has the added plus of meaning the 5/10 game will fill every month without fail and make for interesting tv.

The player should also have to play for 2 hours or 2 and a half minimum, this would make it a lot harder for people just to sit and blind away.
  • edited April 2011
    you need to offer some sort of incentive for finishing with more than your £300. Like a bonus seat in the 5/10 mastercash game for the qualifier who finished with the most money out of all the qualifiers that month. This also has the added plus of meaning the 5/10 game will fill every month without fail and make for interesting tv.

The player should also have to play for 2 hours or 2 and a half minimum, this would make it a lot harder for people just to sit and blind away.
  • edited April 2011
    Good point Offshoot maybe incentive for them to try to finish up? let the sky bosses decide

I wouldnt mind 2 hours minimum also but i think it will lack as much appeal, well slightly as people may think i have to sit for 2 hours vs all these high stakes players i have no chance, again not me i dont care tbf, if im doing well will play all night if i lose i will leave

another reason this would be good means likes of JJ can play in it more often as he's too much of a nit to play properly, also im sure the higher stakes players would enjoy a few new ppl a week ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Good idea but defo needs tweaking. If you played the sattelite and won, why should you be lumbered with conditions that the other players at the table don't have to abide by. I know you want to stop a player from just cashing the money, but its a bit like the 17th century when employers would pay the workers wages in tokens that they could only spend in the company shop. To work the way you are proposing would require and extra add on from sky that justifies the restrictions. FWIW i think the prize needs to amount to a full rebuy so have £600 in the prizepool not £300
  • edited April 2011
    No problem Loonybin, thanks for ur input and another good suggestion although may take out of reach of micro's

Well put it in the hat tho ;) thanks for commenting
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Tournament Idea- Sats for Mastercash £300:
    No problem Loonybin, thanks for ur input and another good suggestion although may take out of reach of micro's Well put it in the hat tho ;) thanks for commenting
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    offshoot idea is very good
  • edited April 2011
    Good idea but you know sky would have to close down at least 7 times to implement the needed changes :)
  • edited April 2011
    I reckon take a few ideas here obviously including what offshoot has said and it has the making of something very new and very exciting xx