You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big Brother's Little Brother (Tournament Idea)

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
In Response to Big Brother's Little Brother (Tournament Idea):
Quite simple this one. Run a Tournament at exactly the same start time/structure/blind level etc as ANY of the Main Events (8pm Mon - Thurs/8pm Fri - Sat & 8pm Sun) apart the buy in will be for the lower bank roll players . ie....ME = £20 +2,  BBLB = £2 + 20p       ME = £50 +5, BBLB =  £5 + 50p Even the monthly £220 could also be run as a £22 buy in. One important proviso which may or may not be easy to implement - you can ONLY enter ONE of these tournaments per night i.e. if you reg for one you can not reg for the other on the same night. No guarantee to begin with to see how the numbers compare against the Main Events. 
Posted by MAXALLY
I had a Similar idea  - would also be good for those who bomb out of the main one, so in that respect could run at 9pm or something to get the "outs" from the ME?

Comments

• edited April 2011

Quite simple this one.

Run a Tournament at exactly the same start time/structure/blind level etc as ANY of the Main Events (8pm Mon - Thurs/8pm Fri - Sat & 8pm Sun) apart the buy in will be for the lower bank roll players.

ie....ME = £20 +2,  BBLB = £2 + 20p
          ME = £30 + 3, BBLB = £3 + 30p
          ME = £50 +5, BBLB =  £5 + 50p
    Even the monthly £220 could also be run as a £22 buy in.

There would also be a possibility of some mention on  the Thurs/Sun night TV shows of the cashers and where time permits, the FT runners. 
    No guarantee to begin with to see how the numbers compare against the Main Events. 
    * EDIT - The winner of the BBLB gets free entry into the ME of the same for the following week (thanks goes to Pete, JOCKBMW, for this addition)
  • edited April 2011
    sounds good to me Maxy think wot we all got to remember is that there are some good players here who simply can't afford higher buy-ins so +1 from me
  • edited April 2011
           i just voted "yes please" for this idea

sounds like just the job for me and my little bankroll    ^_^ x
  • edited April 2011
    How many low buy ins do u guys want !!!

:p
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Brother's Little Brother (Tournament Idea):
    How many low buy ins do u guys want !!! :p
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    the more the better lol
  • edited April 2011

As a matter of interest, becase the question is bound to be asked, why this rule?

"...you can ONLY enter ONE of these tournaments per night i.e. if you reg for one you can not reg for the other on the same night....."

I'd also add (& I'm just trying to be helpful here) that....

1) As a principle, I doubt Sky Poker would ever allow a Tourney where players are "banned" from entering another, unrelated, Event. "Locked" Events apart, all players should have the right to enter all "public" Tourneys.

2) It needs to "work" for the Site, & saying "if you enter one, you cannot enter the other" is not going to float many boats in HO. Why should players not have the choice to play either or both?

I think the idea is fantastic, really excellent, & must (or would....) be well in the running for a Prize, but that "Rule" would deffo need to be removed imo. 

I will have no say in judging this, by the way, nothing to do with me, but I know they would not find any form of discrimination acceptable.

NB - Entrants are free to amend their proposals.  

• edited April 2011
    As a matter of interest, becase the question is bound to be asked, why this rule? "...you can ONLY enter ONE of these tournaments per night i.e. if you reg for one you can not reg for the other on the same night....." I'd also add (& I'm just trying to be helpful here) that.... 1) As a principle, I doubt Sky Poker would ever allow a Tourney where players are "banned" from entering another, unrelated, Event. "Locked" Events apart, all players should have the right to enter all "public" Tourneys. 2) It needs to "work" for the Site, & saying "if you enter one, you cannot enter the other" is not going to float many boats in HO. Why should players not have the choice to play either or both? I think the idea is fantastic, really excellent, & must (or would....) be well in the running for a Prize, but that "Rule" would deffo need to be removed imo.  I will have no say in judging this, by the way, nothing to do with me, but I know they would not find any form of discrimination acceptable. NB - Entrants are free to amend their proposals.    
    Posted by Tikay10
     I do take on board your points raised and to an extent 'agree' with you.

However....and this is the grey area.....the smaller BR player might not have the choice to play the higher BR tournament due to BR levels whereas the higher BR will defo have the choice. I am probably on a sticky wicket here but the principle of my idea is that the smaller BR players get the opportunity to play the larger MTT games but at their buy in levels.

Perhaps this was worded incorrectly but my sentiment is in the right place, I hope. Obv my rule has been deemed to be offside :)

• edited April 2011

Up to you, Alan, & I note your comments, & I reiterate, I will not be judging this.

I still don't quite see why players should not have the choice, but it's your suggestion & you are free to suggest it.

As worded, or intended, that players do not have the choice to play both, there would be absolutely nil chance of it being given the nod upstairs, that's the "steer" I'm trying to help you with, really.

I guarantee someone will modify your suggestion, but allowing players the "either or both" choice though, if you don't, because it's such a grand idea, & it looks to me odds on to be a Top Six (& thus Prize) contendor.

Modify yours first, imo! 
  • edited April 2011
    Up to you, Alan, & I note your comments, & I reiterate, I will not be judging this. I still don't quite see why players should not have the choice, but it's your suggestion & you are free to suggest it. As worded, or intended, that players do not have the choice to play both, there would be absolutely nil chance of it being given the nod upstairs, that's the "steer" I'm trying to help you with, really. I guarantee someone will modify your suggestion, but allowing players the "either or both" choice though, if you don't, because it's such a grand idea, & it looks to me odds on to be a Top Six (& thus Prize) contendor. Modify yours first, imo! 
    Posted by Tikay10

Ok, someone has voted no now, so I will edit my o/p.

FTAO the person who voted no - any chance you could give reasons? PM me if you want. TY.
  • edited April 2011
    How about this as a little add on for the LB event.

The winner is given an entry into the next equivalent BB event.

Just a thought 
  • edited April 2011
    How about this as a little add on for the LB event. The winner is given an entry into the next equivalent BB event. Just a thought 
    Posted by Mod_JockBM

If you posted that on your own account, I would of liked that :)

Excellent idea though.
  • edited April 2011

Yes for me, provided I don't gift most of my chips to scouse too often like in last nights Tikay. :-(

• edited April 2011
    like the idea. don't like banning people from playing.

fwiw i would play in both tournies if they were offered.  if i was banned from playing in both, the bigger buy in main event would always be entered.
  • edited April 2011
    Yes for me, provided I don't gift most of my chips to scouse too often like in last nights Tikay. :-(
    Posted by harding10
    no no no feel free anytime lol pity I couldn't put them to any use tho :(

• edited April 2011
    like the idea. don't like banning people from playing. fwiw i would play in both tournies if they were offered.  if i was banned from playing in both, the bigger buy in main event would always be entered.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1. I also like the idea of the winner getting a Big Brother buy-in (would have to be for the same event the week after)
  • edited April 2011
    I agree with Tikay in the fact you shouldn't stop certain players from playing. The never ending debate of are "high staked player"s better than "low staked players" is always being talked about, so if the "lower staked" players believe they are just as good why can the "High staked" players not be allowed to play, its just like saying "they are too good they are not allowed".

Other than that, good idea and I think it would work well
  • edited April 2011
    Nice idea, dont really care whether restricted if i got in main i doubt i'd play the cheaper format. No biggie if ppl do
  • edited April 2011
    I voted yes good idea
  • edited April 2011
    being one of those with a smaller br, i like the look of this idea. the added bonus of the winner gaining entry to the bb is brill.
  • edited April 2011

Nice idea Max, its a yes from me.
  • edited April 2011
    This got a yes from me too.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Brother's Little Brother (Tournament Idea) : If you posted that on your own account, I would of liked that :) Excellent idea though.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Great,  if you win and my idea is added does that mean I get one of your primo entries ;o)

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Brother's Little Brother (Tournament Idea) : Great,  if you win and my idea is added does that mean I get one of your primo entries ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW

Of course.....if I can be a MOD for the day!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Brother's Little Brother (Tournament Idea) : Of course.....if I can be a MOD for the day!
    Posted by MAXALLY

SPlutter, Spew, Cough, cough, Splutter, Cac, cack,  Spew,  ARRRRRRRAAAAGGGGHHHHHH

We'll see 

• edited April 2011
    How many low buy ins do u guys want !!! :p
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    That's v. generous of you JJ.................can you put me in for 3 per week to start with....I can't spk for the others but i'm sure they'll let you know in due course......thanx bud :)-
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Brother's Little Brother (Tournament Idea) : That's v. generous of you JJ.................can you put me in for 3 per week to start with....I can't spk for the others but i'm sure they'll let you know in due course......thanx bud :)-
    Posted by billyboots
    haha
  • edited April 2011

I've voted for a resounding yes Alan........and gr8 additional suggestion by JockBMW.

Now  u 2 could get together and become the new Morcombe & Wise, Cannon & Ball.............so here goes how, about.......

........................ModMax & BM W ally  
  • edited April 2011
    Great Idea, got a yes from me Alan!!

Reference the 'play in both' debate, I would say this should be encouraged in fact!!

Would certainly benifit Sky, and the double promotion of both tourneys, obviously you don't HAVE to play in both, but......

1,  If 'Higher rolled' players played in the smaller tourney, does that not make the tourney maybe a better quality, & more attractive to ALL !!

2,  Conversley, the 'Lower rolled' players can have the choice of maybe treating themselves maybe once or twice a week/month to play in a different field/style of tourney !

3,  To Conclude, How about an prize for the best aggregate score/finish, have seen this work well before, and it would certainly encourage play in both!! Would help begiinners [like me] start to MTT multi-table too !!

Alan you can have those ideas on me, mines a pint in Al's bar ta !

X
  • edited April 2011
    This is an excellent idea Alan, a big YES from me! 

However, I do not believe that you should try to restrict entry at all.  As we know there is quite a range of abilities in both "High-Rolled" and "Lower-Rolled" staked players.  In my opinion there is absolutely no reason for the "Lowers" to be phased by playing against the "Highers", there is everything to gain and nothing to lose.  Besides I have always found that, in many competive situations over many years, the stronger the opposition the better I have played, and even won more than a few.

The down side for Sky could be that they lose some entries from the satellites into the ME, thus reducing the final numbers, but I think this would be more than compensated by entries into the BBLB.  It could also make the Sky site more attractive to current non Sky players, there must be a lot of "Low Rollers" out there who could find this attractive.

I feel sure that once everything is "tweaked" that this idea will be adopted by Sky and we, as a community of players, will all benefit.  So it looks like Win! Win! to me.
  • edited April 2011
    great idea Alan.. good luck hope it wins

p.s i voted yes