You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HI-LO IT'S OMAHA FREEROLL

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Okay, so I've been crowing about introducing this for a while but it seems to get lost in the day to day stuff...so with the 'forum invent a competition' competition I've decided to throw this one into the nether to see how everyone else feels about it...

Omaha Hi-Lo has been launched as an alternative to NLH for a while now but it still doesn't attract anywhere near the traffic it deserves.

I have a plan to fix this...

Currently Sky Poker very kindly offer 5 freerolls per day...In order to intorduce the beautiful game of Omaha Hi-Lo to newbies of this 4-hole card poker game without those players risking their bankrolls I think ONE of the freerolls PER DAY should be changed to an Omaha Hi-Lo...

Starting stack 3000k chips
Entry time early evening..maybe 8.30 start time
Blinds increase every 5 mins
Buy in 35 points
£75.00 guarentee

The reasoning is that the more people introduced to PLO8 (Hi-Lo's proper name), the more traffic will increase on the pay per play games....

Simples!!!!

Let me know what you think

xx

Comments

• edited April 2011
     good call the game needs  more players involved
  • edited April 2011
    Defo, as long as they are also rebuys!!!

then i might play for the valooooo

• edited April 2011
    Great call skip have tried omaha a few times and luv it
  • edited April 2011
    Good idea, get more ppl interested in frerolls then will knock on for cash and buy in MTT's
  • edited April 2011
    Great idea trips and would defo make.....................................................

TOTAL CARNAGE
    xxx
  • edited April 2011
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

14 people voted yessssssssssss

Another 20 or thirty and we may get a PLO8 freeroll implemented

xx
  • edited April 2011
    P.S. is it me or have sky poker changed the logo??

I'm sure it wasn't white & blue last week.....or was it?

xx
  • edited April 2011

Brill idea , i suggested this some months ago but to no avail. Hope you get your 20/30 votes.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HI-LO IT'S OMAHA FREEROLL:

it's a ' obviously ' from me.....n1 irene
  • edited April 2011
    Good idea Irene - i,d give it a go if it was just Omaha w/o the hi/lo 

Would be a good way to learn the game properly

Ps - and if you win this comp you,ll get 10 free entries :)

MP

Ps - i would also like to see a similar tournament for Fixed limit as it doesn,t seem to have taken off on this site
    Once ppl get used to used to it and the different strategys involved - it could also generate some interest on the cash tables which at the moment are impossible to get a game on
  • edited April 2011
    I play a lot of PL08 on here and fully support this, great idea

Dave
  • edited April 2011
    P.S. is it me or have sky poker changed the logo?? I'm sure it wasn't white & blue last week.....or was it? xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    It was white writing with the standard blue background.  They updated it and added a big round button too. :-)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HI-LO IT'S OMAHA FREEROLL : It was white writing with the standard blue background.  They updated it and added a big round button too. :-)
    Posted by Machka
    TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY

I THOUGHT I WAS RIGHT

xx
  • edited April 2011
    Anything to promote this game is a good thing imo. I currently have to play it elsewhere. Not to try to sound pessimistic but I believe it would take a huge effort on skypokers part in promotions and advertisments, if it is at all possible, to increase the awareness and interest of o8 enougth to get games running here on sky poker, its just a question of player volume that sky poker simply dosn't have it, to fill o8 games.

You just got to look at other sites/networks and compare player traffic and o8 games running to sky pokers traffic to see that it going to be difficult to get more players to play the game.
  • edited April 2011

I do like the idea and hope it gets through. I, however, would like to see BOTH versions of OMAHA given alternative days/weeks so there is a wider choice.

• edited April 2011
    I do like the idea and hope it gets through. I, however, would like to see BOTH versions of OMAHA given alternative days/weeks so there is a wider choice.
    Posted by MAXALLY

+1, also if this were to be implemented could it please be applied to one of the evening freerolls?
  • edited April 2011
    I'd definately like to see Sky do more to promote Omaha on the site and this sounds like as good a way as any +1

I agree with Maxally though (hard words to type) and think both forms should get freerolls.
  • edited April 2011
    P.S. is it me or have sky poker changed the logo?? I'm sure it wasn't white & blue last week.....or was it? xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Correct.

All of the SB&G "logos" (Bet, Vegas, Bingo & Poker) changed as of yesterday.

PS - LOVE this Thread idea, & I would 100% support it.
  • edited April 2011
    Just made it 30 for Yes.

Just my kind of fishyness this.
  • edited April 2011
    32 wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

A huge thanks to everyone that has voted so far, it would be really great to get some more people playing omaha and hi-lo.

I agree about trying both but i think that getting to know one variantat a time might be a better introduction..maybe run hi-lo for 3 months, then introduce omaha...i think hi-lo first as it's fun but with more play because of the split pots ad pot limit...

what do you think..

xx
  • edited April 2011
    I am a big hi-lo fan but it might be a bit of a head-bender for some. For this reason I would do standard Omaha first.

We have been banging on for these freerolls for months, but nobody has listened.
  • edited April 2011
    wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii skip there's an omaha freeroll in the lobby at 10.30 tonight £200 guar 50 points

TKP FTW
  • edited April 2011
    wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii skip there's an omaha freeroll in the lobby at 10.30 tonight £200 guar 50 points TKP FTW
    Posted by scouse_red
    This is about hi-low which hurts my head!! and i dont understand the tactics yet so yes for freerolls!!!
  • edited April 2011
    32 wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii A huge thanks to everyone that has voted so far, it would be really great to get some more people playing omaha and hi-lo. I agree about trying both but i think that getting to know one variantat a time might be a better introduction..maybe run hi-lo for 3 months, then introduce omaha...i think hi-lo first as it's fun but with more play because of the split pots ad pot limit... what do you think.. xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Hi Irene................i adore omaha pl (only been playing a short while), but only played Hi Lo once and that was by mistake and never realised it until half way thru as I was playing 2 tables at the time( I get tied up in knots when I do...lol)...........I, and I'm sure many others would dearly like to learn how to play Hi Lo without it costing us our br's, so vwd for pushing this to front of the suits and gl with your efforts.
    Ps: is Hi Lo more fun than standard Omaha? and I personally enjoy PL as opposed to NL but i'm not sure why lol  
    Pps:.............could you also push to get the time bar extended a touch, so many variables to think of in such a weeee space of time.
  • edited April 2011
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

we got one, we got one, we only flopping got one!!!!

10.30 tonight be there or be a pair ;o)

£200 guaranteed for freeeeeeee

gogogogogogogo

xx
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011