You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Squease can I take this 1 back and start again :(

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Posted the whole hand, as theres 3/4 things I want comments on.

1. Good spot to squeeze pre?
2. The sizing of my squeeze?
3. The bet on the flop? - Once I've hit top pair, should I slow down as I'm no longer bluffing?
4. Am I right to call it off? I must b right?

Scotty opens quite wide from that position. He's just took half a stack off me on another table, with me making a move and snap folding to his shove. I probably look tilted, I am tilted, but still, it doesn't mean I can't have a hand here.

So he can fold alot, which should normally be job done.

If you forget the tilt bit, and analyse the hand as a 1 off, what do you make of it?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tom1937 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £7.72
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £30.76
  Your hole cards
  • K

hardman07 Fold     
scotty77 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £29.25
koppitekop Call  £0.90 £2.25 £22.97
tom1937 Call  £0.75 £3.00 £6.97
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £4.00 £7.00 £26.76
scotty77 Fold     
koppitekop Call  £3.40 £10.40 £19.57
tom1937 Call  £3.40 £13.80 £3.57
Flop

• K

tom1937 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £7.20 £21.00 £19.56
koppitekop All-in  £19.57 £40.57 £0.00
tom1937 All-in  £3.57 £44.14 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  £12.37 £56.51 £7.19
tom1937 Show
  • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show
  • K

koppitekop Show
  • K
  • A

Turn

River

koppitekop Win Pair of Kings £54.71  £54.71

Comments

• edited April 2011
    It would of worked spot on if he didnt have ak lol!

Not sure id of called his flop shove but you know what im like!

• edited April 2011
    just looks like spew to me
  • edited April 2011
    I waz unlucky tho! 

Some guy decided to pair-mine with his AK.

He must have known exactly what was going happen. He must have known I was gonna squeeze pre, then he must have put me on a worse king, and knew the flop was coming king high, and therefore knew he was gonna stack me, so just flatted the big 3bet.

Why can't it come 2 5 9 rainbow 1 time??? I didn't want a pair!!! :*(
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Squease can I take this 1 back and start again :(:
    I waz unlucky tho!  Some guy decided to pair-mine with his AK. He must have known exactly what was going happen. He must have known I was gonna squeeze pre, then he must have put me on a worse king, and knew the flop was coming king high, and therefore knew he was gonna stack me, so just flatted the big 3bet. Why can't it come 2 5 9 rainbow 1 time??? I didn't want a pair!!! :*(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    what did you think he had? flush draw?
    do you think you could of 3bet smaller pre?
    what do you think of checking flop?
    do you squeeze with any two or are there better hands to do this with and why?
  • edited April 2011
    Im very un-sure about this spot post flop.

That's why I posted, I really don't know.

I felt obliged to bet and call it off because I had bluffed pre flop and got lucky.

But looking back, I should check the flop, and probably call turn and/or river.

When I bet the flop, I convince myself he cud have alot of flush draws and am priced in to call it off. It just feels like I can't play it that way then lay top pair down, but obviously that's nonsense.

I need help.
  • edited April 2011
    i dont mind checking flop.  bar the flush draw there isn't actually anything that should be stacking off with us that we are beating.  check let someone make a pair that is between a 6 and below a King and then get it in.

i had like AJ i think.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Squease can I take this 1 back and start again :(:
    I waz unlucky tho!  Some guy decided to pair-mine with his AK. He must have known exactly what was going happen. He must have known I was gonna squeeze pre, then he must have put me on a worse king, and knew the flop was coming king high, and therefore knew he was gonna stack me, so just flatted the big 3bet. Why can't it come 2 5 9 rainbow 1 time??? I didn't want a pair!!! :*(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I dont think you got unlucky TBH and i think in a pot where your betting about 13 BB pre its safe to say that there is a huge chance at least one of them have a K and you cant be thinking your 7 is gonna come into play. I think your pre-flop raise would of only been effective if no picture cards come out as almost anyone is shoving if they hit top pair with that kind of pot.