You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

King of the Felt

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Ok, so i,ve stolen the title from elsewhere, but that could be changed (maybe King of the Ring)

The main idea is to find the best MTT player/players on Sky

A weekly NHLE tournament with a registration fee ( £10+£1 ) affordable to all players who would like the chance to represent TSP, running for 10 or 12 weeks. (coinciding with the current quaterly priority club)  There could be a vote on which night would suit

2500 or 3000 starting stack with 15 min blinds starting at 6.30pm-7pm (freezout)

The winner gets a place on TSP and the 6 runners up play in a well structured STT for another seat. In the event of a tie the player with the most wins/highest positions goes through

As well as the normal cash prizes depending on runners (perhaps a £1000 gtd to get 100 runners ) you would get points for the follwoing positions each week

!st    10 points
2nd  8  
3rd   6
4th   5
5th   4
6th   3
7th   2
8th   1

If someone really wants to be in TSP they will make the effort to play in as many games as possible and by just playing once a week the league would be ongoing , generate more interest culminating in a gr8 climax toward the end

Obviously it would take some doing and ideas to tinker with it could be considered (eg sats similar to TSP classic), but I,m sure Sky could pull it off and hopefully it could grow and grow 

Ps - The more ppl vote and get behind the idea, the more chance of something like this will have off taking off

I,ve left an option for any extra ideas  

Comments

• edited April 2011

Bumping this thread to all the ppl who moaned and debated recently, including me that they will never get the chance to represent TSP  

At least if thread goes dead no-one can complain about it anymore, so won,t mention it again

Ps - The current points needed in MTT,s to get into priorityclub realistically means playing the Primo, Open, TSP classics etc etc on a regular basis costing £200+ a week  

This cost £10 a week

A dissalusioned MP