You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Synchronised Breaks

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Synchronised Breaks

Sky Poker should introduce Synchronised Breaks across all tournaments*.

This would not only make it easier for players to multi-table but give players more incentive to play more tournaments at the same time. 

More players, playing more tournaments = Good Business.

*Exceptions may be televised tournaments on Thursday / Sunday as they need to run to a TV schedule and I'm not getting on the wrong side of Sky_Claire.

(This idea falls under - alter an existing tournament structure)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    great idea, but i sense they cant do it, the programming and logistics of it seem to be beyond them! It is fine if you have a break advertised on the hour every hour but that would mean either starting mtt tourneys all at the same time or having an mtt sometimes having a break after 5 minutes!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Synchronised Breaks:
    great idea, but i sense they cant do it, the programming and logistics of it seem to be beyond them! It is fine if you have a break advertised on the hour every hour but that would mean either starting mtt tourneys all at the same time or having an mtt sometimes having a break after 5 minutes!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Exactly this can and does happen on other sites.  Might seem odd but I think it's preferable to having to just blind away at some late stage of a tournament.
  • edited April 2011
    I think this well overdue.
  • edited April 2011
    yes and make sure the sycn is at 55 past the hour plz!
  • edited April 2011

Thats best idea i,ve heard , apart from mine of course which dont seem to have had a mention 

Simple but effective . especially after missing out on a big pot the other day coming back from toilet when dived for the mouse and nearly broke my neck

• edited April 2011
    yes and make sure the sycn is at 55 past the hour plz!
    Posted by scotty77
    This This and erm This 55 past the hour every hour is the way forward whether the tournament starts at 50 past the hour syncronised breaks make life so much easier as u have a full 5 minutes to regroup and get back in the perfect frame of mind when i play 3 or 4 tourneys on here on a monday sometimes i find my self having a maximum of about 2min break over 4 tourneys. So Syncronised Breaks at 55 past every hour or on the hour every hour really needs to be put in place to allow the people who do multitable mtts a full break as well as some sort of order
  • edited April 2011
    It has been mentioned many times b4, response from Sky Jordan was our players like a break every hr see community suggestions, what improvements page 45. I agree with you 100% this should be standard for Health and Safety reasons staring at a comp screen for hrs on end is no good for your sight just hope it is do-able and the community agree.
  • edited April 2011
    Yes please, and it must be at 5 minutes to the hour for players who multitable across sites.
  • edited April 2011
    It has been mentioned many times b4, response from Sky Jordan was our players like a break every hr see community suggestions, what improvements page 45. I agree with you 100% this should be standard for Health and Safety reasons staring at a comp screen for hrs on end is no good for your sight just hope it is do-able and the community agree.
    Posted by a00rock
    Ahem! <cough /> rubbish <cough>

Synchronised breaks would lessen the need for me to take my laptop to the loo. Great idea. And an image you might struggle to shift for a while.
  • edited April 2011
    If Sky consider syncing their breaks please do it at the same time as FTP and Stars. Such a pain if you are on the tourney grind to not get a proper break at any point...
  • edited April 2011
    If Sky consider syncing their breaks please do it at the same time as FTP and Stars. Such a pain if you are on the tourney grind to not get a proper break at any point...
    Posted by simuk
    this is what i was trying to hint without saying FTP and stars lol cause i normally sundays play a few of the tourneys on stars 2 on FTP and a couple on here and i end up all over the place getting a perfect 5 minutes while playing the stars and ftp mtts but as soon as the sky one kicks in thats it everything goes disproportionate and i end up with a max 1 minute while playing max. 6 MTTs which kills me enough as it is lol
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by a00rock
    I think the poll tells the world that the community do not wish for hourly breaks

I play most of my tournaments on a site that does have sync breaks nd it make a huge differance. the only time it annoys me is when its HU or 5 mins into the first tournament that starts, but even then the time it gains me when that isnt the case far out greatens it. I actually get bathroom breaks with enough time to put the kettle on now.
  • edited April 2011
    You pee in your kettle?  Ugh