You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DOUBLE TROUBLE!

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

Okay the name might need changing (!) but i think this has potential offering the chance to play in a tournament series which is affordable and tests your skills at both Hold Em and Pot Limit Omaha.

The tournament would start at 8pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays culminating in a Final on Sunday which would be only open to the Top 20 finishers on Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Costs £3 Freezeout each tournament (Mon-Wed-Fri) with £2 towards that night's tournament pool and £1 towards the pool for the final. Assuming a regular field of 200 that would mean a nightly pool of £400 and that the final pool would be at least £600 which for a maximum field of 60 is not a bad pot.

Starting chips would be 2,500 for Mon/Wed/Friday with blinds set as most tournaments seem to be with 10 minute levels, but alternating between NLH and PL Omaha!

10/20 NLH
15/30 PL Omaha
25/50 NLH
50/100 PLO
75/150 NLH
100/200 PLO
-------------5 minute break
150/300
200/400.....You get the idea

The prize breakdown for each night's cash would be as normal but each finishing position from 1-20 would also get free entry into the Sunday 'Grand Final'. If there were only say (heaven forbid) 99 entrants one evening, the prize money would be split between 1-10, but 11-20 would still get entry into the final even though they hadn't won money from that night's tournament.

No-one would have to enter each of the events on Mon/Wed/Fri if they didn't want to as they all work as stand alone events and if someone qualified for the final on more than one night it would just mean that there are less entrants in the final (unless Sky could work out a way to fill any spaces created by double qualification by giving entry to people who finished in 21/22 etc) 

For the final the starting chips could increase to 5,000 with 12 minute blinds and pay 1-6 so that everyone on the final table gets paid.

So, what do you think?!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I posted this late last night and its slipped down to second page where it's unlikely to be seen, i make no apologies for trying to move it up the list!

Would appreciate views on idea cos i think it could work well but am genuinely interested in any opinions, it is interesting to see how people view different ideas.
  • edited April 2011
    I like it... :) Perhaps No Limit Omaha instead of PLO?

Only other potential issue will likely be that the software would need significant work to toggle bewteen 2 formats??
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks dtm75, shame no one seems to share your view!