You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SNACH TOURNAMENT

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Nice idea, but how are sky meant to know where everyone is from? Itl take a lot of sorting out on their part but the principle of the idea is very good so i voted yes :)

Comments

• edited April 2011

My idea for a new tourney would be a Regional League which would consist of 6 MTTs running on Friday nights.
      The Leagues would be ,lets say, North west, North East, Scotland and Wales,Midlands,South East and South West.
      Each league to run for 6 weeks with the best 4 results counting for league position and the top 6 from each region   go forward to a regional final in week 7. 
       Regional finals would be 6 STT with the 6 winners going through to the Grand Final in week 8.The Grand final        would therefore be made up of the top player from each region and the winner would be crowned Sky NATional CHampion, or SNACH.   
      This setup may , i think, appeal to players from all bankroll levels and would certainly have a lively rail at the finals.
      I would propose a small buy in for the league games of say 2 quid with the prizes in the finals being donated by Sky who i am sure could come up with something to make it worth winning.
      ps. sorry about the title but best i could come up with and i am open to suggestions
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: SNACH TOURNAMENT:
    Nice idea, but how are sky meant to know where everyone is from? Itl take a lot of sorting out on their part but the principle of the idea is very good so i voted yes :)
    Posted by Wacko90
      TY Wacko, Sky do not need to know where everyone is from as each player will register for whichever touney they wish. Eg. I would register for the NWest cos thats where i am from and i would presume that other players would do likewise. However someone like say, Scottomus lives down South but hails from the NWest so he would register for whichever one he wanted to play in.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: SNACH TOURNAMENT :   TY Wacko, Sky do not need to know where everyone is from as each player will register for whichever touney they wish. Eg. I would register for the NWest cos thats where i am from and i would presume that other players would do likewise. However someone like say, Scottomus lives down South but hails from the NWest so he would register for whichever one he wanted to play in.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    I guess, but whats to stop me registering for a diffeent one? And can you only register for one only?
  • edited April 2011
    I voted no as Northern and Southern Ireland seem to be ommitted, Northern Ireland is as much a part of the uk as the rest, why not make it north east and west combined and let us across the water in and then i vote yes.
  • edited April 2011
    I voted no as Northern and Southern Ireland seem to be ommitted, Northern Ireland is as much a part of the uk as the rest, why not make it north east and west combined and let us across the water in and then i vote yes.
    Posted by loonytoons

Its bad enough he has let the Welsh & Scots in!! :))
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: SNACH TOURNAMENT : Its bad enough he has let the Welsh & Scots in!! :))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    And put them on the same team lol
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by loonytoons

Sorry loony these areas are not set in stone and were just really cobbled up to give an idea.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: SNACH TOURNAMENT : I guess, but whats to stop me registering for a diffeent one? And can you only register for one only?
    Posted by Wacko90
      You could register for any.
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    I just love the idea of snacking and poker - voted maybe 'cos it depends what's on the menu  :o)
  • edited April 2011
    I just love the idea of snacking and poker - voted maybe 'cos it depends what's on the menu  :o)
    Posted by elsadog

Will your snack of choice be French Fries Though?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: SNACK TOURNAMENT:
    Posted by elsadog

Especially for you Elsa we have a wide selection of treats including my favourites which are gravy bones.
  • edited April 2011

Blatant Bump.  Thought this would have gained more support , especially from the DTD regs.
      Any thoughts re tweaking would be appreciated.