You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bank Roll Challenge - Anyone doing one?

edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

I decided to withdraw my profits from last few months (nothing huge just low triple figure) and start from £0.00, just for a personal challenge really. It would bring me a lot of satisfaction to even make £10 from zero.

This means freerolling (yes the dreaded £20 ones, the Weds' £250 and now the Community £250 ones).

I'm up very minimally at mo, but deciding to use up all my poker points on entering the freerolls. When the points reach 0 this leaves me with my starting bankroll. Really hoping to land a top spot in the £250 to boost it up.

Anyway assuming I manage to grind say £5 into my bankroll (no wins but cashing consistently).. what do ppl advise I should play with that? 60p dyms? or go sit on a 2/4p cash table with the lot? or risk ££ on a MTT?

Also does anyone have similar experiences to share? I think this would make interesting reading.

Cheers,

Dave

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Well i started with £5 and began with 60p DYM's, played simple ABC poker, got to a tenner and moved up, same again to £20.

Currently i'm sitting at just over £100 all down to simple poker and DYM's.

Best method i think.
  • edited June 2009
    Hi Dave! As you know I follow the 'PokerSpinners Plan' (whatever happened to that site?) which is essentially Chris Ferguson's plan which can be found on his personal website. 

At the point of being -£200 down on Sky Poker, because I used to continually insert money just to play the big TV MTTs and then not cash, I decided to make my last deposit of £50 and employ proper bankroll management. I enter SnG only that have a buy-in within 5% of my BR, so at £50 I'm ok to enter the £2.25DYM and at £110 I'm ok to enter the £5.50DYM.

Currently on £146 (-£82 down) and playing the £5.50DYM. I had peaked at £180 recently but form/luck is up and down.

I wouldn't join any cash tables until you have at least £80 in your BR, and then only the 2p/4p tables. That way you can sit down with 100 'big blinds' £4.00 which is 5% of your BR.

Good luck Dave, see ya around :-)

• edited June 2009
    Cheers guys,

Well I assisted the mrs out on her newbie freeroll got 7th (£30) which we had agreed i can take 50% of the winnings.

Slightly grey area there,but was still a free tournament lol

So my roll is at the moment £15.88

As much as I hate to admit it, I think DYMS do protect against the variance of the cash tables. So I am going to start grinding from Monday. EEEEK!

Dave

p.s. Noseybonk, Think Steve is taking a sabbatical from poker for a while.
  • edited June 2009
    dont use the money to play mtts, it only takes one outdraw or the loss of a race and you are out. I am kind of doing a bankroll challenge, i withdrew money to leave me with 300, since sunday evening ive gotten it upto just under £1,000 by playing cash games and dym stts.
  • edited June 2009
    i hope to reach around £4000 by the end of august so i can finally get a car since i past my test over a year ago.
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Bank Roll Challenge - Anyone doing one?:
    i hope to reach around £4000 by the end of august so i can finally get a car since i past my test over a year ago.
    Posted by hurst05
    Well done Hurst! Agreed on your MTT advice... i had turned 10 into about 130 before but needed the money lol... so trying again.

I think it's good to have an aim to save for. I am looking perhaps to get new tv.
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Bank Roll Challenge - Anyone doing one?:
    I think it's good to have an aim to save for. I am looking perhaps to get new tv.
    Posted by Grimstar30

Now I can just about cover the tax disc for that F430 Scuderia I want :-)

• edited June 2009
    Yes

Started 10th June 2009

Loaded £10 into my old Sky Poker account and currently upto £35.05 but down from yesterday from £52.04.

Anyone on facebook can follow my "Poker Bankroll Builder" quest:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=105872029488

Only playing cash NLHE 2p/4p to start multi tabling 4 tables

Bankroll Management:
    CASH - 20 buy-ins / moving up to 40 then 60
    SnG - 40 Buy-ins / moving up to 80
    MTT - 100 Buy-ins

Will be using the Sky ponits for the freerolls but they run when I'm normally busy but will try the wednesday community freeroll to which I just found out about.

Sky Poker
    £35.05
    452 points