You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Enter The Raiser: ****Thursday Night's Official Show Thread*****

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Ian's back? MEGA!

Fortunately I've never had a bad job and since I've run my own IT company for 20 years (20th anniversary this month as it 'appens) the only bad days are because of seriously boring things!

Have a great show, lookin' forward to it.

Comments

• edited April 2011

‘tis Thursday!

And tonight sees another Sky Sports £15K Bounty Hunter- broadcast live on Channel 865 from 8pm and simulcast on Sky Sports 4 from 10pm.

What do you need to do to fully enjoy this unique interactive experience where YOU are part of the action AND featured between hands?

Simple- enter the tournament here...

and then post on this thread below with your hand requests and general questions/banter.

Your hosts this evening:

Rodney Trotter…

And Delboy…

Yes- making his Sky Poker debut tonight as a fully-fledged analyst is Ian ‘The Raiser’ Frazer!

Yes, he’s the newboy on his first day of the job. And, on an entirely unrelated note, here’s tonight’s hot topic…

What’s the worst job/

or day on a job you’ve ever had?

The funnier or more cringeworthy the better. And the one we like best will get free entry into a TSP Classic of their choice.

Should be a good 'un tonight. See you there!

• edited April 2011

Awful thread, if you ask me.

PS - Please give Ian my very best wishes for tonight.

• edited April 2011
    great to see ian onboard again

can ian talk about any other touches he landed when he had horses with the excellent gaye kelleway, i once part owned a moderate beast with her called iamback she managed to win a few with

all the best
  • edited April 2011

So if Ian is the 'new' boy, that must make you the 'old' boy Rich?

So tonight Ian is you and you are.........Tikay, ONE TIME!

Hope you both have a good show.
  • edited April 2011
    HAVE A GOOD SHOW GUYS, RICH TO BE OWNED BY IAN AGAIN
  • edited April 2011
    Good to see Mr Frazer back on the show.

I've only had one nightmare job, it was when I was signed upto a job agency. I stupidly agreed to go and work in a fresh chicken factory. I can honestly say I have never hated one days work so much.

Stood there for hours at a time with fresh chickens coming at you from all angles at 100mph. Having to then box them up to the correct ammount depending on which supermarket chain they're being sent to. Tbh, this is when I started going wrong as different buzzers indicated if you're packing 10,12 or 14 into a box and with it being my first day I was gettting them a little mixed up at times.

I was supposed to be there the following week but I chickened out (pun intended) after having nightmares about chickens all of the following night.

If I remember correctly I made £22 for a days work that started at 4am and finished at 7pm.
  • edited April 2011
    Hmmmmm.....now where shall I start.....

Obviously, this is the best job I've ever had (...sorry but it's nearing bonus time), but as for the worst job ever - I don't know how to pick, I've had a few, but here's a couple.....

I once was a 'flower maid' - this involved standing at train stations, in a lovely (!!) straw hat & pinny, selling wild orchids and roses.....and, with THE cheesiest grin on my face, I used to have to say/sing 'wild orchids....roses....wild orchids....roses.....' over and over and over and over again.  Groan!!

I was also an ice-cream man for a day......that's as long as I lasted... Apart from the lad 'training' me, who used to see how fast he could get the ice-cream van to go, being a complete you-know-whatty, the smell of ice-cream for hours on end makes you feel physically sick - and in fact, although this day from hell was many moons ago, until today (Mr Whippy outside the studio was just too tempting) I had not had an ice-cream since.   

There are several others I could tell you about, but Orford already moans about the length of my posts.

Enjoy the show! :)
  • edited April 2011
    Is Ian going to get some kind of 'initiation ceremony'..?
  • edited April 2011
    I worked in a pig slaughter/ buthcery/ packing plant for 8 years.  I saw alot of things that most people would bork at but there are two events that are memorable and were probably what some would consider has being a bad day at work.

The 1st was the day I was shown around the lairage.  There happened to be a lame pig in the pen and the standard practice is to put any injured animals to rest humanly.  I was asked if I wanted to watch and naively said yes.  Welll the slaughter guy loaded his bolt gun, shot the pig through the brain and this pig went mental!  We were in the pen wish was easily 30ft by 30ft, and this pig was dancing round wildly for what seemed like for ever, coming right up to us and then back to the other end of the pen like a bucking bull.  I was mildy alarmed to say the least. 

I was told after that this is normal and that it is the nervous system that causes this.

The 2nd was working as a Quality Assurance Operative, and doing regular checks in the Slaughter area.  The pigs were electrical stunned and they had their throats slit before being hung to bleed out.  Often they would have pigs that were bigger or smaller than average, and the electrical stunners would not stun the pigs properly.  The guys had some hand held tongues that would complete the job if this was the case.  However on this particular day the pig had not been stunned at all.  It shot out of the race and again went mental.  It ran towards me and I just managed to get out of the way as it shot through and began to run riot in the factory.  Another exciting day!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Enter The Raiser: ****Thursday Night's Official Show Thread*****:
    Hmmmmm.....now where shall I start..... Obviously, this is the best job I've ever had (...sorry but it's nearing bonus time), but as for the worst job ever - I don't know how to pick, I've had a few, but here's a couple..... I once was a 'flower maid' - this involved standing at train stations, in a lovely (!!) straw hat & pinny, selling wild orchids and roses.....and, with THE cheesiest grin on my face, I used to have to say/sing 'wild orchids....roses....wild orchids....roses.....' over and over and over and over again.  Groan!! I was also an ice-cream man for a day......that's as long as I lasted... Apart from the lad 'training' me, who used to see how fast he could get the ice-cream van to go, being a complete you-know-whatty, the smell of ice-cream for hours on end makes you feel physically sick - and in fact, although this day from hell was many moons ago, until today (Mr Whippy outside the studio was just too tempting) I had not had an ice-cream since.    There are several others I could tell you about, but Orford already moans about the length of my posts. Enjoy the show! :)
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    Our lovely Handy Mandy

... you know, that conjours up an image in my head that a young innocent lad like me should'nt have :0

Mandy, are you the producer tonight?, if you are, who is the boss?, you do as many as you want :)

Have a great show Rich, Ian, and Mandy
  • edited April 2011
    Can someone explain to Ian how bounty hunters work before the show this time please? ;-)

Worst job I ever had was at the Vauxhall factory in Luton: stand in front of machine, grab hot plastic part, stack on trolly. Get 10, take to spraying room, rinse, repeat. I'd spend 8 hours at work then 8 hours settling down from the rage. I do not handle boredom well.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey, first bounty hunter tonight, would love to see a hand analysed.

My worst experience at work was as a freshfaced 16year old in a nursing home. Am elderly lady had been admitted and I was tasked with signing in her property. I realised soon after she had only one slipper, having searched about for a while I decided to ring her daughter who could bring in the missing slipper. I went home that day with my tail between my legs having been informed of the reason she had only one slipper. The poor ladys leg had been amputated a  number of years earlier.
    Almost 20 years later I am still in nursing and now manage a unit, suffice to say I no longer have responsibility for signing in property!!!
    Keep upthe good work, love the shows.
    Regards
    Celtbhoy
  • edited April 2011
    I was part of the security team at the Commonwealth Games in Manchester. On X-ray duties one day, scanning people's belongings, Tanny Grey-Thompson showed up. To my absolute mortification, no joke, policy meant we had to X-ray her wheelchair. The look in her eyes could have powered the machine for a week.
  • edited April 2011
    worst days at work - getting on the chopper taking me to rig

best day at work - getting on the chopper coming home :) wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Have a great show, good to see the baggies trouncing that awful koppite mob, I honestly wont be watching some silly golf tournament on sky, honest............oh mcilroy 7 under??? not that im watching it honest
  • edited April 2011
    hi gents. looking foreward to the show.
    my worst day at work work invoved an apalling and eye-watering accident.
    in my youth i worked for a large chain of supermarkets in the goods inwards bay. whilst offloading a delivey, the forklift truck was forced to stop suddenly and it's pallet slipped off the end crashing to the ground , narrowly missing me.
     doesn't sound so apalling does it?
    the pallet in question was piled high with very expensive bottles of booze, nearly all of which smashed. how apalling is that?
    now comes the eyewatering bit. i had to clean it up! dozens of botles of spilt alcohol, all types mixed together. the fumes were definately eyewatering, (and somewhat intoxicating).
    how bad a day was that?
    have fun.
    laurie/lozgo
  • edited April 2011
    Couldn't you find any straws Lozgo ?
  • edited April 2011
    Loving it all so far!

20 mins to transmission :)
  • edited April 2011
    Worst job.....door to door cream salesman, embarrasing white coat to wear!!

Best job......door to door cream salesman, housewives mmmmm

GL for the show!
  • edited April 2011
    Dare I ask what kind of cream Dave was touting to housewives? No, I dare not.
  • edited April 2011
    I can't say I've ever had a bad job but I'd imagine Producing Orford and Tikay can be pretty 'challenging' at times!
  • edited April 2011
    Tikay has gone for one show and look what haappens.......

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Enter The Raiser: ****Thursday Night's Official Show Thread*****:
    Tikay has gone for one show and look what haappens.......
    Posted by AcidMan27

I'm quite concerned that they're not approving that photo!!
  • edited April 2011
    I can't say I've ever had a bad job but I'd imagine Producing Orford and Tikay can be pretty 'challenging' at times!
    Posted by Machka

I don't fully agree Aaron.......Tikay is an absolute joy to work with - Orford, mehhh not so much :)
  • edited April 2011
    Orford and Tikay ..... That takes me back ,he"s  doing stair lift ads nowIn Response to Re: Enter The Raiser: ****Thursday Night's Official Show Thread*****:
    Posted by Machka
  • edited April 2011
    The cheek.

Yeah i'm in Sheffield, the job was near Lincoln.

Never been back to Lincoln since.
  • edited April 2011
    Nice to see Ian again, Rich who will replace you ???? ;)

Worst job ever, when I helped my friend in a funeral company collected "customers"
  • edited April 2011
    In my old job I used to drive tipper lorries.

One day we were sent out to a chicken farm to haul away chicken poop/dead chickens!

It was July and about 30 degrees, we had no air con so all windows were down, which made the stuff stink and made flies come into the cab.

The smell from the amonia was so bad we got banned from going through a village on way to the field where we were tipping the muck as the villagers complained to enviromental health! So we had to go an extra 5 miles round the village each time!

We had to do this for 2 days, and i will never forget that smell, and it really put me off eating chicken for a while..........

• edited April 2011

359602344 - just wondering if i did anything wrong or should i have folded to the all in?

ps. a great show as always

• edited April 2011
    Can't commen on this topic had no Job yet lol

you seem to know a lot about Vegas Rich.... you going this year ?
  • edited April 2011
    359612418 - fun hand!

P.S. say, "hi" to Ian - I was sitting next to him at Luton (I wasn't Shaz)