You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best Player Not to Win A Major?

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
I was gonna say solack but he wins everything or isnt far away

It would have to be  lolodud, but doesn,t play as many

Comments

• edited April 2011

US Master's week at Augusta is just about my favourite week of the year.

The media always like to tag a few players with the'best player yet to win a major'.

Which got me thinking about SKY Pokers top players and which ones have the game but haven't so far managed to take down that Main Event.

Who are the Lee Westwood's, (consistently good, respected by all, but too many times the bridesmaid), Sergio Garcia's (bright tenacious talent, lost his way, but on his way back) Colin Montgomery's (dominated the game, but failed to deliver the big one, with his chance now all but gone), Nick Watney (has the talent and seemingly ready to win a big one) of Sky Poker?

Based on a comment he made on another thread, I think I am right in nominating....

HURST05 - The NIck Watney of Sky Poker, best player not to win a main event, but has the talent and must be close to that first major!

Who are the Sergio's and Monty's of Sky Poker?

• edited April 2011
    Tenner says Hursty takes down the primo, DS or the big BH in the next six months. The lad can only lose to 3 outers so many times.
  • edited April 2011
    Got a bad, sad feeling I'm Monty.

Swear if a blind zebra jabbing at the lappy with a stick in it's mouth who played as many mains as me would have at least one win by now.  To be honest I don't think I'll ever win one.

I suck.

Period
  • edited April 2011
    hard to say really a number of top players avent taken a big one yet for one reason or another.

Another thing you would then have to take into consideration is someone whos a quality player but doesnt play the sky main events regularly. e.g. Dohhhhh

again dohhhh might actually have won one. Im not sure,

Im sure there will be some good responces. Although i think your shout on Hursty is about right, he has the ability in the bag to do it.
  • edited April 2011

Was going to say Tommy but he's beat me to it, was playing with him down to about 8 or 9 the other week and he mentioned he'd never won an 8pm me, was shocked, player as good as Tommy thought he'd have won several!
  • edited April 2011
    Hurst has won the £33 BH already - the first time it changed to £33 iirc
    Not possible for the fish to bink another 1 imo :)

TommyD is a good shout tbf surely he will bink one this year - yet again it is TOMMYD!! 
    Best player not to have won a Major - got to be Ozzie08, if he concentrated on mtt and stopped donating on cash I reckon he would win a handfull of these bad boys!! 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Best Player Not to Win A Major?:
    Hurst has won the £33 BH already - the first time it changed to £33 iirc Not possible for the fish to bink another 1 imo :) TommyD is a good shout tbf surely he will bink one this year - yet again it is TOMMYD!!  Best player not to have won a Major - got to be Ozzie08, if he concentrated on mtt and stopped donating on cash I reckon he would win a handfull of these bad boys!! 
    Posted by dylan12
    I'd agree with that
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Best Player Not to Win A Major?:
    In Response to Re: Best Player Not to Win A Major? : I'd agree with that
    Posted by elsadog
    WOOF WOOF!!!!

P.S. WD on the sik good run your on these days Sir :D
  • edited April 2011
    KJ Choi is the best golfer not to have won a major - but this comment won't be valid on Monday morning ;-)