You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

As requested DOHHHHHHH!

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hand 1

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £30.06
splashies Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £34.83
 Your hole cards
  • J

YOUNG_GUN Fold     
fewbeers14 Fold     
DN34689 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.50 £0.80 £29.56
splashies Call  £0.40 £1.20 £34.43
Flop

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £0.80 £2.00 £28.76
splashies Call  £0.80 £2.80 £33.63
Turn

• A

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.00 £4.80 £26.76
splashies Call  £2.00 £6.80 £31.63
River

• A

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.00 £10.80 £22.76
splashies Raise  £8.00 £18.80 £23.63
DOHHHHHHH Fold     
splashies Show
  • J

splashies Win  £14.06  £37.69
splashies Return  £4.00 £0.74 £41.69
Hand 2
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £23.00
splashies Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £24.50
 Your hole cards
  • Q

YOUNG_GUN Fold     
fewbeers14 Fold     
DN34689 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.50 £0.80 £22.50
splashies Raise  £2.00 £2.80 £22.50
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £4.80 £7.60 £17.70
splashies All-in  £22.50 £30.10 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH Fold     
splashies Show
  • Q

splashies Win  £10.80  £10.80
splashies Return  £19.30 £0.00 £30.10

Comments

• edited April 2011
    junjcvjnj kiwcmkcm nkkljjnmjckk

How on earth can you find that raise on the river in the first one????

The 2nd one is all about guts, and u've always got a chance even if I have AK and get it in or whatever....

But the first one.....WOW!

HOW?????????????
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: As requested DOHHHHHHH!:
    junjcvjnj kiwcmkcm nkkljjnmjckk How on earth can you find that raise on the river in the first one???? The 2nd one is all about guts, and u've always got a chance even if I have AK and get it in or whatever.... But the first one.....WOW! HOW?????????????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ok here's my line.

The call on the flop, i was floating there to see what you would do on the turn.

When the ace comes on the turn, i thought if you had the ace then you would check the turn and let me bluff.

So when you bet the turn, i didn't think you had the ace and my plan was then to take it down on the river.

The river was a good card for me. I was still convinced you had no hand, hence the min raise (A. because it shows strength on my part and B. It was the cheapest way i could win the hand.) I would have been silly to raise anymore on the river incase you actually did have a hand.

Basically I just wanted to outplay you.
  • edited April 2011
    lol Doh got owned.

ffs just as I was typing this I remembered how my AKdd ran into Dohs AA last night.  on tilt now.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: As requested DOHHHHHHH! : Ok here's my line. The call on the flop, i was floating there to see what you would do on the turn. When the ace comes on the turn, i thought if you had the ace then you would check the turn and let me bluff. So when you bet the turn, i didn't think you had the ace and my plan was then to take it down on the river. The river was a good card for me. I was still convinced you had no hand, hence the min raise (A. because it shows strength on my part and B. It was the cheapest way i could win the hand.) I would have been silly to raise anymore on the river incase you actually did have a hand. Basically I just wanted to outplay you.
    Posted by splashies
    another reason y if he did have the Ace he wud BET the turn!
  • edited April 2011
    Does that AA/AK hand count as a gift???

Open 4x utg, get a 80xbb shove and a 100xbb re-shove, that is deffo a gift when it gets back to me with aces !!!

That shud happen more often imo.
  • edited April 2011
    Why did JJ request when u was showing all night anyways lol i got tilted big time, 50- 0 in half hour i think. to top it of JJ stacks me with hero call :-(
  • edited April 2011
    dont mess with splashies big blind lol
  • edited April 2011
    Why did JJ request when u was showing all night anyways lol i got tilted big time, 50- 0 in half hour i think. to top it of JJ stacks me with hero call :-(
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I dunno actually, why did you ask me JJ?

Also, what did you fold? I know for the Q4 hand you folded AJ, but what about the other?
  • edited April 2011
    I wanted to have another look at hand 1, to see where I might have gone wrong.

Thought it might be easier for you to find it than me trawling through tonnes of hands looking for it.

I'm still non the wiser, I can't see anything I did wrong really! My sizing looks ok? Maybe slightly bigger on the flop?
  • edited April 2011
    You were just pwned.
  • edited April 2011
    I wanted to have another look at hand 1, to see where I might have gone wrong. Thought it might be easier for you to find it than me trawling through tonnes of hands looking for it. I'm still non the wiser, I can't see anything I did wrong really! My sizing looks ok? Maybe slightly bigger on the flop?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    id say its the OP overall perception of you + the combinitorics of hands you can take this line withon this board that fold to a river raise.