You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

O

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Wow like deal or no deal! sounds like fun!

But, would need a complicated software change innit to show who has won what in the lobby.

every1 will constantly be checking if the larger prizes have gone!

Comments

• edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    I voted yes, sounds fun. but knowing my luck id take 10 heads, win nothing, and bubble on the cash!!!

• edited April 2011
    THIS suggestion is the most interesting and novel that I have read.

The idea of having a "mystery bounty" on our heads is quite exciting.

If adopted, perhaps SKY could use this fun format for the giveaway of Santa's Sack type prizes
    and other goodies ?

You could get the possibility of someone calling your all-in with 7-2off, knocking you out and
    winning the star prize !!! Imagine that ? Still sounds like fun though.

Get's my vote !
  • edited April 2011
    This sounds like great fun, really hope it happens.

I doubt sky will be able to do this though, sounds too complicated for the software.
  • edited April 2011
    good idea sounds fun but for me it would have to involve lower level buy ins too
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not sure I agree ... the software already has the Bounty Hunter functionality, which tots up running totals and heads taken etc. This only adds variable prizes into the mix.

Bill Gates.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: OPEN THE BOX:
    I'm not sure I agree ... the software already has the Bounty Hunter functionality, which tots up running totals and heads taken etc. This only adds variable prizes into the mix. Bill Gates.
    Posted by inka2003
    Maybe, hope so anyway. How difficult is it to "hide" these bounties though and also to assign everyone a random bounty at the start?
  • edited April 2011
           omg, how much fun would this be if sky was to run this ...

just voted "yes"

• edited April 2011
    I'd be uncomfortable with a £1200 bounty on one person's head randomly. Maybe adjusting the amounts slightly 75% to prize pool - 25% to bounty prizes - perhaps a max of £500 on the bounty. After all, it's possible to cash and lose money in a BH. To knock 5 people out, and still lose money is less appealing.
  • edited April 2011
    great idea, sounds like fun, i love fun
  • edited April 2011
    certainly different. i vted no simply because i wouldnt play it at first. however with the right attitude and work done to it, it has the potential to be awesome. Therefore i would. reading down you seem to have alot of passion for the idea, which is great because ur more likley to listen to advice and imrpove ur own suggestion.

so i request a thrid poll  opintion called, i have no clue i cant balance it up lol.
  • edited April 2011
    Don90 .... I am quite a fan of this idea and agree that it needs some work but probably anything generated by this competition will only be a framework to be built upon. In other words, vote for the concept and not the detail.
  • edited April 2011
     It's a 'YES' from me......should be awesome,...just imagine the highs and the lows you're going to have when you get a bounty, also when you are knocked out to find out that you were the 'Top Bounty'.
    That's a thought,........how about if you were knocked out as the 'Top Bounty' (whether u cashed or not) you get a token prize of some kind..............c'mon suits this sounds a lot of fun !

• edited April 2011
    I voted no.  Too much novelty for me.  No doubt you will abuse me for this too ;)
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011

I think I would play this at micro-stakes for the fun factor but wouldn't enter for any serious poker

I like the idea though, a fun tourney to make it a bit more interesting when things get dull

• edited April 2011
    i voted yes , this is one of the few ideas i have liked.
  • edited April 2011
    I havent votes as undecided, not a bad idea but could be very frustrating say u take  5 ppl out and then bubble be pretty sick if u dont pick up something

I think could do with some tweaking, like maybe 20 player tourneys at a lower level, bounties start when in money, then its random

again i think both the original idea and my tweak prob not possible unfortunately
  • edited April 2011
    point taken young gun ,you could also take 5 ppl out and bubble and win 5 cash prizes ,i mean its a mystery whats in the boxes ,(highs ,lows ,excitement ,suspense ) .               if there was a prize in every box it would be exactly like a bounty hunter .............this is a fun tourny ,if you knock  the right person  out ,you could win the star prize ,it just adds a bit of excitement,to the daily grind ,and something different and fun to play                   ,god knows poker can be so tedious and boring at times :)     thanks for posting
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Tell me about it..... played a '£20 gtd' earlier today and our table was card dead for a good half hour and I never thought I would be happy to get knocked out of a game........worst game ever, so boring, no one(including me) hardly made a bet for ages. 
  • edited April 2011
    but could be very frustrating say u take  5 ppl out and then bubble be pretty sick if u dont pick up something I think could do with some tweaking, like maybe 20 player tourneys at a lower level, bounties start when in money, then its random again i think both the original idea and my tweak prob not possible unfortunately
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Taking out 5 people then bubbling could happen in any tourney though?

Could make sure bounties only come in after cashed, or even up the bounty to say 50% of players or something)

Tbh it might be useful if some sky bods could post on this post (and some of the other fun tourney ideas) to say if the coding would even let this be possible before we go about tweaking to make it workable) cause I have a feeling it would be a lot harder than ppl think
  • edited April 2011
    sounds like fun!