You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky's The Limit (tourament idea)

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
My idea is fairly basic in it's premise compared to some but it's simply something I'd like to play.On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at 9PM you run one semi-satellite (circa £5) where 1 in 5 players qualify for a main satellite to be played at 9PM on the Thursday night. 1 in 5 from the main satellite then qualify for a £100 buy-in tournament to be played on the Saturday night. It's as simple as that but the advantages are many. The ones that spring to mind are;It gives the lower stakes players a fairly decent chance at playing in a big buy-in tournament for risking £5 a week.The £100 buy-in tournament might attract a lot of higher stakes players to Sky as it would be bigger than anything else Sky offers (bar the monthly biggie).The main satellite and main tourney could both receive coverage on ch.865 due to the evenings they're on.The initial £5 fee is just roughly what I assumed it would take to double-satellite into a £100 buy-in tourney.
Other satellites could obviously be run but I think it would serve the purpose well to focus primarily on the ones mentioned above.
Simples.