You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The ME Bubble Reprieve!

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

With regards to the "design a comp" competition, i propose that if you bubble in a ME, you shall receive FREE ENTRY to the same event the following week.

Now that would take the sting out of busting out on the bubble.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In many (most) live events, there's an agreement to pay the bubble (although that really just moves the bubble one step down the ladder). In the WSOP Main Event, the bubble gets free entry into the event the next year. I like the idea - the only slight problem would be in a bounty hunter, where the entry fee is higher than the lowest cash amounts (see my rather excellent blog on BHs).
  • edited April 2011

Difficult this one. You will then end with two 'bubbles' which IMO will slow that time of the game even further down and will not really work unless Sky Poker introduce H4H.

I played live at Blackpool and there were two to go before the cash places. After I was KO, there was then a retainer (or what ever the term is for it) sorted for the bubble from the rest of the field. If I knew this before, I may of played my last few hands differently. For that reason, the bubble should be the bubble.

On the other hand, I have been the bubble boy more times than you can shake an aero at, so this would probably benefit me greatly! :) 

• edited April 2011
    What about the person that bubbles for the free seat?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: The ME Bubble Reprieve!:
    What about the person that bubbles for the free seat?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    More importantly, if that gets sorted, what then happens to the person that bubbles the bubble for the free seat? :)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: The ME Bubble Reprieve!:
    Difficult this one. You will then end with two 'bubbles' which IMO will slow that time of the game even further down and will not really work unless Sky Poker introduce H4H. I played live at Blackpool and there were two to go before the cash places. After I was KO, there was then a retainer (or what ever the term is for it) sorted for the bubble from the rest of the field. If I knew this before, I may of played my last few hands differently. For that reason, the bubble should be the bubble. On the other hand, I have been the bubble boy more times than you can shake an aero at, so this would probably benefit me greatly! :) 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    The free seat will be provided by Sky and not taken from the prizepool, so it's just a bonus for whoever bubbles. Therefore, no-one else will be losing out.

Eyeman, I understand what you mean about the BH. Maybe for the BH ME the bubble shall receive free entry into the Semi-Final sat for BH the following week.