You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bluff shove the river?

ybyb
edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
First session I'd played at the 200bb tables after they had just opened, I was 3betting a tonne because I thought it was a good idea as most players weren't adjusting well I didn't think. A few months ago the villain told me he thought I was very spewy but I hadn't played on here for a while and I think he's improved since then.

Played a hand in position against him which is relevant, when I 3bet pre and then 3 barrelled a Jc 3s 7d Ad Ts board, and he folded to my river shove (which was ~£145 into a ~£110 pot).

Is a shove good here do you think?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
RUNITSRANN Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £249.22
yb Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £234.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

St3llaMode Fold        
stien Fold        
villain Raise   £4.00 £5.50 £193.00
RUNITSRANN Fold        
yb Raise   £14.00 £19.50 £220.00
villain Call   £11.00 £30.50 £182.00
Flop

yb Bet   £17.00 £47.50 £203.00
villain Call   £17.00 £64.50 £165.00
Turn

• K

yb Bet   £41.00 £105.50 £162.00
villain Call   £41.00 £146.50 £124.00
River

Comments

• edited April 2011
    i favour giving up. unless he is bad then i dont see how he calls the turn without expecting a river shove from you. Unless he has the FD not wanting to semi bluff in which case he got there anyway, even tho fairly sure he cant have fd as he prob shove turn.

I also think a standard player wud have a tendency to shove back the turn with their air/draw/weaker hands as they no they can only win with a turn jam bcoz u shove the river so much.

Having said the above i think its feasable that hands like J10/Q10 suited might play like this (depending if u think he will call 3bets this light, i guess IP he will).
    He wont want to raise the flop and get jammed on holding J10 or Q10, so they just call hoping you slow down the turn, then they make a light call on the turn bcos they pick up the str8 draw (and cud be gd still) and ur range narrows depending on whether you shove the riv, so they can reevaluate the river if u a) check b) shove.

but overall judgement is that you are getting snapped off here, so id check and hope he doesnt show just a 10 or a 9.

Maybe id bet slightly smaller on the turn if i was gonna shove the river, like 1/2 pot £32 (unless u think that is more likely to induce a turn shove).. it will be interesting to see how this plays out.