You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Re-thinking the fri night rebuy sats. (mtt idea)

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

I think the package you win to play in this should include more than the initial buy in.

I don't play this coz I don't trust myself with rebuys. I could go through loads. 

I think the sattellite should be the same buy in as the Thurs night BH sat. Which equates to a £33 package.

For qualifying, you earn 1 buy in, 1 rebuy, and 1 add on.

If the rebuy is not taken, the value of a rebuy is credited to your account.

If you lose your buy in, and your rebuy before having chance to use your add-on, you get a third rebuy.

If you get to the break, and still have an add-on available, you MUST take it, no refunds will be given.

I never buy in dierct to the main events, but I do play the sats sometimes. I don't on a friday, because I know It will end up costing me a fortune.

This idea would allow me to play sats. I might be a unique case, but we'll see with the poll.

There's so much more to a rebuy than the buy in. 

So what ya reckon? Win a proper rebuy package? or stay as we are? (we can always have both).

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Hmmmm the poll was going so well at 3-0

Why would you vote no, ahead of "have both" ?

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Re-thinking the fri night rebuy sats. (mtt idea):
    Hmmmm the poll was going so well at 3-0 Why would you vote no, ahead of "have both" ?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    People don't agree with paying rake on a rebuy, maybe that's why people have voted no?
  • edited April 2011

But voting no here wont change the rake on rebuys......

My point is why would someone oppose this idea, if nothing changed with the normal sats?

Both ftw !
  • edited April 2011
    I like this idea in principle, but i hate the fact that an add on is compulsory, if you all pay for the sat and qualify you should not have different tournament play criteria from someone who buys in direct, i voted yes but defo should mean rebuy is a choice, what if your chip leader lol. Just give the rebuy / add on money in my account if i dont need it!!!
  • edited April 2011
    hmmmm ok, I guess, I will ammend the O.P later.

It's always optimul to take the add on though, unless ur v short stacked.....

I was trying to guard against players doing 2 rebuys then timing out to the break, to try and get 11 quid back.

But I spose if you've earnt it, you can do what you like with it, so yeh, I'll change it after a few more replies (if I get some)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Re-thinking the fri night rebuy sats. (mtt idea):
    hmmmm ok, I guess, I will ammend the O.P later. It's always optimul to take the add on though, unless ur v short stacked..... I was trying to guard against players doing 2 rebuys then timing out to the break, to try and get 11 quid back. But I spose if you've earnt it, you can do what you like with it, so yeh, I'll change it after a few more replies (if I get some)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    WOW!!!!! ive just noticed your post count! i thought i was bad but you must be the most prolific poster after Tikay.
  • edited April 2011
    Bump for the saturday morning ppl!

C'mon this is a great idea, I'm not bothered about winning the prizes, but I wanna see these sats in the lobby !!
  • edited April 2011
    I think it sounds like a good idea Dohhhhhhhh

But some of us have more discipline innit :)

nothing wrong with using that 22 quid for other purposes! and also i think that more people would play the sats cos they are worth more!

Hope it can happen